Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Worst part for me was probably her getting hit by the car, probably because that's the moment I realized she was just going to keep dying over and over and it both mortified me and pissed me off extremely.

I love Feyris too.. especially when I realized that the whole moe thing she just didn't want anymore.. made me appreciate her more as a character.

I am now really thinking about stealing your idea and making that my text tone too... It's just the perfect one.
    Mayuri is a very likeable character but I was never too affected by her deaths, just because I knew that Okarin would find a way to beat it (maybe I didn't know, as animes can often throw curve balls at you, Steins does it a couple of times, but I just refused to believe that the story would be left in such a tragic state of affairs). I was more interested in Okarin's reaction, especially when he is determined to see himself as a mad, calculating and grandiose scientist.
    I was worried about the idea of all those time lines existing and going on without Mayuri, where the gang would have to deal with that absence in uncountable universes, but I think it all ties together and sorts itself out.

On Feyris, that was indeed a very interesting spin which I, for one, didn't expect. The characters have a lot of depth below their surface personalities (which is quite rare in all fiction mediums, not just anime), which made the series really refreshing and has put it up in the ranks of my favourite shows.
    Hers and Okarin's relationship was interesting too.

And, please, go right ahead. I stole the idea from all the YouTube comments anyway! It does make a very good potential alert. Clearly audible and adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh me gusta chihayafuru s2 ^^
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Hey, I'm currently watching Hajime no Ippo, after finishing FMA:Brotherhood & Claymore. Would anyone have any recommendations around these sorts, with Death Note + TTGL in mind? (I've already seen Outlaw Star, Bebop - ofc) Need something to watch after I finish it, along with the second series of Ippo, and Berserk.

I enjoy stuff with swords quite a bit to help the above
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-06-08 at 05:06 PM.

What'd I say? D:

On Steins;Gate I just finished episode 14 and so far it's been completely traumatizing.

Having to experience Mayuri's death over and over again like that.. Rin should have gone insane, mad scientist or not. To think he was able to keep a cool head like that after probably the two dozenth time he personally saw Mayuri's death, no one could be sane after that.
    Ohgod. Those were quite probably the hardest scenes Skelington ever had to sit through. ;_;
    Never questioned Okabe's reaction to it all though. It seemed appropriate. Despite calling himself a "mad scientist" he still tried to stay sane.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-06-08 at 05:04 PM.

Btw off topic but throwing this out there I have a 50% coupon off of Tera collectors edition or standard edition if anyone wants it.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2012-06-08 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Mayuri is a very likeable character but I was never too affected by her deaths, just because I knew that Okarin would find a way to beat it (maybe I didn't know, as animes can often throw curve balls at you, Steins does it a couple of times, but I just refused to believe that the story would be left in such a tragic state of affairs). I was more interested in Okarin's reaction, especially when he is determined to see himself as a mad, calculating and grandiose scientist.
    I was worried about the idea of all those time lines existing and going on without Mayuri, where the gang would have to deal with that absence in uncountable universes, but I think it all ties together and sorts itself out.

On Feyris, that was indeed a very interesting spin which I, for one, didn't expect. The characters have a lot of depth below their surface personalities (which is quite rare in all fiction mediums, not just anime), which made the series really refreshing and has put it up in the ranks of my favourite shows.
    Hers and Okarin's relationship was interesting too.

And, please, go right ahead. I stole the idea from all the YouTube comments anyway! It does make a very good potential alert. Clearly audible and adorable.
    It is really nice having the characters be so in depth.

On episode 16 and I think so far now the worst part has been seeing Okarin go through dozens and dozens of realities, go through what is probably over a week of time when for the others it was just a few seconds, seeing things pan out in loads of different ways.. remembering things that never happened, seeing things that never happened, knowing things that happened, yet never happened.. and trying to deal with that while realizing absolutely no one else except you knows that all that has happened. Especially all those big things like Suzuha finding out who her dad is, or one that really touched me when Okarin called Kurisu by her real name.

It was really sad learning that Suzuha failed in her mission.. how she had completely forgot everything until the last year, at least in that one reality. This show really just messes with your mind to the extreme though.

---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Ohgod. Those were quite probably the hardest scenes Skelington ever had to sit through. ;_;
    Never questioned Okabe's reaction to it all though. It seemed appropriate. Despite calling himself a "mad scientist" he still tried to stay sane.
    I really think in reality having to go through so many realities like that would drive even the most hardy person even the slightest bit insane.. it would probably drive the average person to even committing suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Btw off topic but throwing this out there I have a 50% coupon off of Tera collectors edition or standard edition if anyone wants it.
    Oi use it yourself and join Brigs and me in Tera already ya bloody git(meant as a friend mods not as offenive hate towards another member).

Though i guess i could take it. I know soem IRL guys who want to play but don't have the money LOL.

I liked Kurisu more than Mayuri too, although Mayuri was really cute, Kurisu was fun, smart, and supportive the entire show.

Deleted
    It is really nice having the characters be so in depth.

On episode 16 and I think so far now the worst part has been [spoiler]seeing Okarin go through dozens and dozens of realities, go through what is probably over a week of time when for the others it was just a few seconds, seeing things pan out in loads of different ways.. remembering things that never happened, seeing things that never happened, knowing things that happened, yet never happened.. and trying to deal with that while realizing absolutely no one else except you knows that all that has happened. Especially all those big things like Suzuha finding out who her dad is, or one that really touched me when Okarin called Kurisu by her real name.
    Yeah, it would be a heck of a weight to carry, that's for sure. And definitely, time-travel fiction always seems to have a way of doing that. I also thought the lore with the SERN scientists becoming a malevolent tyranny was really interesting too. I think having a monopoly on time-travel would make that very easy and very tempting to do.
    Damn good show! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I liked Kurisu more than Mayuri too, although Mayuri was really cute, Kurisu was fun, smart, and supportive the entire show.
    Idd, I thought it was very sweet how she just got what Okarin needed to do and was adamant to help him, despite his not having told "her" everything that had been going on. That unconditional trust in Okarin was very sweet. It all made the ending very bitter-sweet.

Would be a very tempting offer, if I didn't already own the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Hey, I'm currently watching Hajime no Ippo, after finishing FMA:Brotherhood & Claymore. Would anyone have any recommendations around these sorts, with Death Note + TTGL in mind? (I've already seen Outlaw Star, Bebop - ofc) Need something to watch after I finish it, along with the second series of Ippo, and Berserk.

I was a very big fan of the Escaflowne series, which has swords, mechs and schtuff. The dub is actually fairly good too, Gundam Wing quality (which I thought was good). I could understand it not being for everyone, but I recommend checking it out.
    Code Geass is also a standard recommendation.

And awesome news on Chihaya, Synaia!! ^^
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-06-08 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Steins;Gate on episode 18 and the ending of the episode made me realize something.. Okabe has one more D-Mail to revert.. and as far as I can remember.. isn't that the very first one he did? And because of that Kurisu survived being murdered, so does that mean if he reverts it Kurisu will die? Oh gosh I really really hope I missed a D-Mail down the line and there is a different one to revert.. if it's that one I will be so so so pissed off. *Goes back to watch more*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I don't think you want anyone to answer that.
    Yeah.. I know. Kind of put it rhetorically.. I guess I should get to watching the rest before I accidentally spoil myself.

You already have an avatar of "Za Zombie" and you're not even finished with S;G. You must really like her character. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post

Swords eh? Here are a few you might like, although they are all pretty well know so you may have seen some already.

Samurai 7 http://myanimelist.net/anime/166/Samurai_7 Loosely based on Kurosawa's Seven Samurai movie but with a sci-fi twist. About a village is being tormented by a group of mechanized bandits that take most of the village's crops and kills or abducts anyone who defy them. They send out three villagers to seek out and hire samurai to defend the village from the bandits.

Basilisk http://myanimelist.net/anime/67/Basi...ga_Ninpou_Chou Two rival ninja clans fight to destroy each other and to gain the support of the future shogun.

Rurouni Kenshin http://myanimelist.net/anime/45/Rurouni_Kenshin A wandering former assassin during the Meiji restoration (a time when training as a samurai or carrying a sword in public was made illegal) who befriends a female kendo master and decides to say with her to help rebuild her family's dojo. He always seems at ease and makes a few friends, but enemies of his former life begins to catch up to him and he must fight along with his new friends in hope of finally escaping his dark past.

Samurai Champloo http://myanimelist.net/anime/205/Samurai_Champloo Two swordsmen, one an untrained and unpredictable warrior and the other a well mannered ronin, are saved from being executed by a clumsy waitress. She convinces them to travel with her to help her track down a "samurai who smells of sunflowers" who is someone from her past. It's directed by the same director of Cowboy Bebop and using music in much the same way Bebop did only this time it is melodic hip-hop beats in place of Bebop's jazz and rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    You already have an avatar of "Za Zombie" and you're not even finished with S;G. You must really like her character. haha
    Already looking at wall scrolls of her and I still have three episodes left then the special.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oi use it yourself and join Brigs and me in Tera already ya bloody git(meant as a friend mods not as offenive hate towards another member).

Though i guess i could take it. I know soem IRL guys who want to play but don't have the money LOL.
    Pay the 25 bucks and a monthly subscription for me and sure... I really want to play but don't have the money to which is why I am giving my code away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay the 25 bucks and a monthly subscription for me and sure... I really want to play but don't have the money to which is why I am giving my code away.
    Could keep it till later?

What server are you anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    What 25 a month? It's 15 just like wow. And then if you pay say 60 dollars for the 6 month sub you only pay 10 a month. Also unlikw wow you don't need to sub to play the free month. So you can get it and setup your sub later on instead and if you don't like it just cancel/never make one.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 04:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What server are you anyways?
    Arrachnea. We're in the guild moonflow always recruiting LOL(and not in the we're gonna be amassive guild way more in a we're an evergrowing friendly guild way).

I even got a nickname on the guild i am known as RIKACHU(my mains name is Rika) also my rank since i have so many alts LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    No it's the fact I don't want to pay a subscription fee for a game. One of the reasons why I have invested in Guild Wars 2.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 05:32 AM ----------

What 25 a month? It's 15 just like wow. And then if you pay say 60 dollars for the 6 month sub you only pay 10 a month. Also unlikw wow you don't need to sub to play the free month. So you can get it and setup your sub later on instead and if you don't like it just cancel/never make one.[COLOR="red"]
    No the 25 dollars would be the 50 dollar game 50% off with the coupon I know the sub fee is 15 bucks. But I don't have the money to drop 25 dollars on a game that I might play for a month. I only buy games know that will last me a good long while. Like WK Chronicles... I still need to pick that game up I liked the story I just never had time to play it. Might try it tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Steins;Gate.. so I will try and make this as in depth as possible, I'll probably mess up some things, forget some things, or whatever seeing as I just finished it and it's also pretty late.. not to mention I am wired up on energy drinks, but here goes:

I'll start from the beginning... I didn't realize what I was getting into, I thought it was just some random funny anime that had to do with time. I got a bit intrigued when the time thing started up, but I had thought the characters where flat and basic. As I got farther into it I started appreciating the characters more and more.. and loving the references that where put in. The first 13 or so episodes of the anime seemed the average fun, partly slice of life, with quite a bit of comedy. Then when I got to the part where Mayuri first died boy was I surprised.

At that point I started to realize how involved I was with it all on an emotional level all the way from the beginning. I started to connect things and be simply amazed by it all. When he got further and further into the different realities I was shocked over and over, and it never gave me time to think ahead. I started appreciating characters that seemed so flat at first like Feiris, Ruka, and even Yuugo. Each personality of all the characters really touched me. When Yuugo shot himself I was extremely hurt by it all, even more so then when he shot Moeka just prior.

Now for the main part. The biggest thing for me was how every reality went into one another, and how Okabe remembered each one. Every [I]single[/I] time he reversed something I felt a sharp pang in my heart because that was another however many long hours or days that only he would remember.. and that never happened. I both understood and was completely confused at what timeline he was in.. I got lost in what people knew or didn't know.. and I have to say it really hurt. Just the thought of Okabe seeing Mayuri be killed over and over, Moeka committing suicide, discussions he had had with Feiris, or Mayuri, or Itaru, or Kurisu.. and realizing that only he would remember them, and that all the rest would never let that one discussion evolve their friendship was horrible for me.

Especially near the end, when he did that one big time leap so only he remembered who Kurisu was.. I just had to stop watching there for a while. It was just too hard to think that the past however many episodes since the beginning never happened for Mayuri, Itaru, or the others and that they had never developed their friendship with Kurisu was horrible. Later on seeing Kurisu not even recognize Okabe yet you could see that Okabe loved Kurisu was even worse.

I both loved and hated how they ended it all. Knowing that everyone was alive in the same timeline made me extremely happy, but also realizing only Okabe knew anything that had happened the past three weeks really messed with me. Every time one of the others remembered even the smallest thing from a different time line I nearly squealed in joy, hoping they would remember more and more. The last scene was extremely awesome, seeing how they met each other officially in that time line, and that they could (hopefully) develop a deeper bond, made me really happy. It also left me angry because I wanted more.. I wanted to see Kurisu remember all that had happened, to realize that Okabe loved her, and to see all they had went through.

Really the one thing I wanted most was for every single one of them to remember everything that had happened.. so they could develop their friendships from that point on, instead of having to try all over from the beginning. It's just because developing from the beginning and experiencing different things during those stages could change a relationship drastically from what it previously was in a different timeline. Thinking that in the future they could be treating themselves entirely different from what they treated each other in the midst of the timeline mess was strange for me.. seeing as how they treated each other was just how their friendships where.. end of story.

The thought that Suzuha won't even be able to be the friend she could have been to them, seeing as by the time she is her own age everyone else would be far far older.. and only Okabe would remember it all yet he wouldn't be able to press it for being far too awkward, was saddening. At least she will be connected with them in some way.

Really what I would love more then anything is a second season, even if it was a near entirely different plot, so we could see how they evolve their friendships from the point of the end of this anime, or if any of the others ever remember what previously happened. I think if any anime deserves it it is this one. I'm just hoping the movie will be a continuation, somehow, instead of a remake or something different.

I definitely wasn't able to put everything that I wanted to put in, (more about Ruka, Moeka, and Suzuha for example) and I know I forgot half of what I wanted to say, but I think I said enough to show how I feel about this one. To anyone who hasn't watched it.. I would say this is a definite must watch. The characters are just so amazing you can't help loving all of them, even if some of them make you angry to no end even in the middle of the anime.

I just absolutely love Kurisu just so much I am longingly looking at a wall scroll with her on it.

Edit: Oh my gosh watching special now. :3

Edit 2: Also, one thing I am confused at is all the 2ch references. I keep hearing the fansubs for the memes are different from what they actually are (maybe because we wouldn't be able to understand 2ch memes not being Japenese?).. but if all the fansubs show the same meme, then wouldn't it obviously be what they are saying?

Edit 3: Just watched the special. I love how they make the first half really fun and entertaining, but the second half was what I was looking forward too most. I kept thinking in my head.. "Talk about the other timelines! TALK ABOUT THE OTHER TIMELINES DAMNIT" and I was so happy when they did, even just barely. The last scene was amazing.

I only wish he told everyone everything about what happened in the past timelines, bit by bit, every little detail. Let them get to know what happened, what they all did, everything.. because I think they deserve to know. Even all the times they had died in however many realities. Other then that I was very pleased with how they did the special, really wrapped up a lot for me.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-06-09 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take it then. I have several RL friends who are interested in it.