Guessing I'm moving over here.

Finished Nisemonogatari. When does the next one come out?

And, seriously, between the first and second season did the folks behind the show develop an irrational hatred of girls with long hair? Hanekawa, Senjougahara, and even Karen all wind up cutting their hair before it's over. Or was this really the only way they could think of to represent girls growing and maturing as characters?

No idea what to watch next. I still have Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, Shikibane Hime, Blood C and Ga-Rei Zero recommended previously in the other topic.
    I've also seen recommendations for Katanagatari, and the art style looks really cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Son, she's super cowaj.
    Yes she's definitely very kowai. (cwutididthar?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    No, bad mod.
    But I'm not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Acchi Kocchi.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Svs9bs.jpg[IMG]
    Sodamncuteafawawrfawr

If you have nothing against visual novels, Saya no uta. Not exactly "oh my god this is so cute" but she's way too adorable to ignore. I can give you a download link.
    I'll check Acchi Kocchi out.. and go check out the VN. I'm good at finding DL links for things. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    the CGi isn't that great, but i don't watch AKB for that :P i love music related anime in general and them girls are cute.
    my AKB folder:
    Just missing some live shows which i'll get after my exams and a magazine or 2.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RDMAMl.jpg[IMG]
    normal link: http://i.imgur.com/RDMAM.jpg
    (and yes it's my desktop, don't mind the BRS rainmeter skins though as there are no AKB anime skins out yet and i have no idea how to make my own)
    my only 4 shortcuts are hidden behind that properties bar but: Wowmatrix (for wow obviously); Manga scanlations (for my manga group); encoded anime (for encoded anime that i can upload to different sites) and Xvid4Psp (the encode program)

and now that we are talking bout AKB does someone else thinks that Kanade from AKB looks like a younger version of Kanade from Symphogear? (aside from the fact that they both are made by the same studio)
    The only CGI that is noticeably bad in AKB is the mecha, the rest seems fine to me, except sometimes when 0048 is singing, and it goes to a backshot of them all, they look like toys, but when it goes to the front they look fine.

On episode 4 of it and so far I keep getting giddy every time I watch it, few anime does that to me. I also absolutely love the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    $12 for the whole series? Most likely bootleg.
    I've noticed a lot of stuff from Asia is a lot cheaper then you would think. I've gotten top quality wall scrolls for extremely cheap (13-14), and the one who is selling the Madoka Magica box set for $13 I just bought a S;G box set for $21, so we'll see if that one is bootleg or not.

I doubt it is, because the seller I am buying from has done over 1000 transactions, with a 99.9% feedback rating. If it was noticeably bootlegged then I doubt he/she would still be in business with a gigantic stock, let alone have a good transaction rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Zat ilve seen some hong kong bootlegs that make the official releases look like crap velvet lining wood box and so on. Just that the sub quality sucks ass LOL.

Well, the dancing CGI is horrible, it's embarrassing when they show it, but luckily it's never long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Actually Zat ilve seen some hong kong bootlegs that make the official releases look like crap velvet lining wood box and so on. Just that the sub quality sucks ass LOL.
    If it's better then or equal to fansubs I could care less. (Tbh, if it was really that bad they wouldn't have even tried themselves and just ripped someone elses fansubs). As long as it plays on the DVD and has good quality I couldn't care bootleg or not.. I've already tried burning and it never turns out that good of quality, and it is an immense time hog.

The retailer is actually based in San Diego, and looks to be pretty big, so I have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Well, the dancing CGI is horrible, it's embarrassing when they show it, but luckily it's never long.
    Even though it is horrible it's also kind of fun seeing it. You can notice it's 100% computer generated though, but it kind of adds that flair to it once you get used to it. That bubbly-ness.

Just caught up with AKB and finished episode 7.

People keep talking about a "mole" on /a/ which I must be completely missing in the show. Unless it's a conspiracy I missed thought up on /a/ I must have missed something in the show. Absolutely love it though.. don't see why people where so disappointed by it, maybe because in the lead up to it they set up their expectations, when I went into it not even knowing what it was about in the first place.

Favorite character is either Sonata (<3), Chieri, or Nagisa. It's hard to choose.

Also listening to the op on repeat. Gosh this song is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yes she's definitely very kowai. (cwutididthar?)
    Your opinion is invalid. Yuri > Yaoi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Just caught up with AKB and finished episode 7.

People keep talking about a "mole" on /a/ which I must be completely missing in the show. Unless it's a conspiracy I missed thought up on /a/ I must have missed something in the show. Absolutely love it though.. don't see why people where so disappointed by it, maybe because in the lead up to it they set up their expectations, when I went into it not even knowing what it was about in the first place.

Favorite character is either Sonata (<3), Chieri, or Nagisa. It's hard to choose.

Also listening to the op on repeat. Gosh this song is awesome.
    My guess is it's a conspiracy maybe the thing with the glinting eyes? Er, what's it called, Sensei Sesnei, yeah. Maybe theirs a theory it's a mole? Not sure.

Sonata is the best, I like her sister too, she reminds me a lot of Kyouko from Madoka. (Probably the red hair), and the android girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Your opinion is invalid. Yuri > Yaoi.
    ^ This.

I'm probably spamming the thread with this suggestion but watch Fate/Zero. I still can't get over how amazing it is.
    Look at this adorable little waifu.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/TpcBi.gif[img]

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni is kind of nice. Shame there's no 2nd season and the Manga scans are really really slow.
    I've been looking at Fate/Zero. It both looks good and bad at the same time. I don't know how to explain it... I'll add it to my backlog, but it's probably not top priority for me. It just looks slightly strange.

I'm probably spamming the thread with this suggestion but watch Fate/Zero. I still can't get over how amazing it is.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni is kind of nice. Shame there's no 2nd season and the Manga scans are really really slow.
    I didn't wanna watch Fate/Stay before hand, but now knowing I don't have to it's one I really wanna watch. Gen Urobuchi. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is it's a conspiracy maybe the thing with the glinting eyes? Er, what's it called, Sensei Sesnei, yeah. Maybe theirs a theory it's a mole? Not sure.

Sonata is the best, I like her sister too, she reminds me a lot of Kyouko from Madoka. (Probably the red hair), and the android girl.
    It would be a strange plot twist.. they would have to do some explaining on that. I'll keep an eye on AKB threads on /a/ to see if I can find out why.

One thing I am not seeing is how they are getting everything from this story into 13 episodes. It seems like it could easily go on twice as long as that, they are already over half way done and it has barely breached anything in the story.

I can't help loving Sonata every time I see her, but Chieri and Nagisa are just so cool.

Sonata's sis is cool too, but it just seems I haven't had enough time to connect with her character. To me at least. You're right in that she is pretty similar to Kyouko though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I sort of understand and yet I don't. To me it looks "strange" because I've read Tsukihime and Melty Blood, so I'm familiar with their art style.
    I still highly suggest it if you're a fan of Gen Urobuchi. (Madoka, Saya no uta etc)

Ditto. It's also really easy to notice he's the writer for that show.
    I'll definitely check it out then.

It looks a bit too.. shounen for me (at least the gifs I have seen of it, which tbh isn't a fair representation of it, and it's not even classified as shounen), which is weird seeing as I like watching something like One Piece. Maybe it's the smoothness of the art style that is a bit weird. Maybe I am just not used to a HQ CGI.

Deleted
    Wow , the ending of Madoka Magica was moving and stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    Wow , the ending of Madoka Magica was moving and stuff...
    I didn't like how they ended it at all. I'm going to watch it again with a friend and see if it's any better.. maybe I was just watching the series too fast to enjoy the ending, but it felt too rushed and a really stupid plot twist. I loved the rest of it though, absolutely everything about the rest of it.

I didn't like how they ended it at all. I'm going to watch it again with a friend and see if it's any better.. maybe I was just watching the series too fast to enjoy the ending, but it felt too rushed and a really stupid plot twist. I loved the rest of it though, absolutely everything about the rest of it.
    Wasn't rushed, well, the series when airing was delayed for about 2 months for the tsunami, also I think they had extra time to that to work on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was what put me off from starting with it too, I thought there was only going to be battle after battle after battle. But no, not really. In the current 23 episodes, I can only remember ~2 important duels. It's more dialogue heavy with random twisted violence scenes, such as people backstabbing others like in Game of Thrones.
    Also a twisted child kidnapper/murderer.

The art-style, ehh I don't know. I guess it's something you get used to. I'm not a huge fan of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san's animation/art-style but I still enjoy the show. (Even if the comedy quality has dropped a lot in the most recent episodes)
    Okay.. as long as it isn't fight after fight like I was worried about I see no problem watching it. If it has the backstabbing of Game of Thrones I am all for it. :3

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 10:13 PM ----------

Wasn't rushed, well, the series when airing was delayed for about 2 months for the tsunami, also I think they had extra time to that to work on it.
    The show itself wasn't rushed, just the story. It felt like it could have been double the episodes and covered a lot more into the backstory for example. It would have made the ending a bit better, more touching, and make more sense.

The show itself wasn't rushed, just the story. It felt like it could have been double the episodes and covered a lot more into the backstory for example. It would have made the ending a bit better, more touching, and make more sense.
    Eh, I kind of like it how it is, I mean I think what made QB so good was how little you actually knew about him. And they did show enough to where you knew what happened to the girls in their backstory and why they turned into magical girls in the first place. I think even the PSP game touches on it too. Hoping the movies show a little more.

Also spoilers. The uploader put the psp game up with english subs.

Last edited by Digglett; 2012-06-13 at 10:55 PM.

take illya ill have irisviel... She is my waifu.

I haven't watched any of the Fate/Whatsits. Do I need to watch them before this?