Deleted
    Im still longing for a Season 2 of Claymore, an epic anime least to say imo.

Dunno if it's been discussed, but missing Neon Genesis Evangelion in the list (the ending is a bit fucked up though!), also Love Hina, damn I loved that series in my younger days

Also, a maybe not to well known anime you should see, from what I remember it was good atleast, is Guyver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontirektum View Post
    Dunno if it's been discussed, but missing Neon Genesis Evangelion in the list (the ending is a bit fucked up though!), also Love Hina, damn I loved that series in my younger days
    i watched NGE, but it wasn't one of my favorites.
    i haven't watched Love Hina, but it probably wouldn't be in the list either, from what i've heard^^

Deleted
    I don't know why people are always hating Love Hina. I thought it was pretty funny, and I had quite some laughs while watching it. Taken, I watched it at the start of my addiction, and the only series I'd watched before it were Chobits and Ahh! Megami-sama, but I still think of it as something very funny.

...I should rewatch it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    Taken, I watched it at the start of my addiction
    that's probably it.
    actually most people say "Love Hina was great" (from what i've heard), but it probably was mostly because it was the first romance/comedy/drama/harem anime for many people. that sadly doesn't mean it's still matching up to anime like Kanon, Clannad, Toradora, ect.

Deleted
    As said, I should rewatch it and decide if it really was that great as I remember it
    I still love Chobits and Ahh! Megami-sama, wich I both rewatched after 2 years,

The problem with Harem anime is that it is very predictable, and not satisfying. Boy meets girl, girl is angel-like, sweet etc, boy gets a crush on the girl. Then, more girls join in the party and you can roughly predict what their personalities will be:
    - A violent one
    - A swordmaster/master in arms/highly skilled in some sort of odd fightstyle
    - A 'senior', one that is older than the others
    - A kid, age around 13
    - A rival for the first girl, who's trying to win over boy's heart with all might

All the girls will get a crush on the boy, but he will (ofcourse) go for the first girl.

This is about the "normal" setup for a harem, but Love Hina somehow does not follows that pattern at all. Well, the girls are all there, more or less, but that's it. And, most importantly: The girl who will be ultimately the girlfriend of the boy (I forgot all the names :P) is for once not an angellike person, but a lot more intresting. Normally every 'side'girl in a harem is a lot more intresting than the crush (Sumiyoshi from Nyan Koi! for example) but in Love Hina, it's not like that ^^

...I'm writing to much.

And @ Below:
    That's the perfect example wich I just described. And moreover, S2 from Rosario + Vampire was anoying. :P
    Last edited by mmocc4309604a4; 2011-01-28 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Rosario + Vampire if you like Romance / comeday.

If like you like Action Trinity Blood / Hellsing / Blood the Last Vampire / Vampire Hunter D ( Yes i like vampires =3)

Naruto/Bleach the more famous ones.

Full Metal Alchemist (didnt like Brotherhood)
    I got so many in my head right now i really dunno where to start...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    I don't know why people are always hating Love Hina. I thought it was pretty funny, and I had quite some laughs while watching it. Taken, I watched it at the start of my addiction, and the only series I'd watched before it were Chobits and Ahh! Megami-sama, but I still think of it as something very funny.

...I should rewatch it
    Yeah, was in the start of my "addiction" also, as said in my younger years But as you said I had alot of laughs also and I have seen it twice.

... I should rewatch it too ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curoch View Post

28. ~H2O~ Footprints in the Sand - Completed - 10
    Did you honestly just give this piece of garbage a 10/10?!

HOLY.... DAMN...! You are way too lenient a rater, 80 something animes on there, don't think I saw any below a 7.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Did you honestly just give this piece of garbage a 10/10?!

HOLY.... DAMN...! You are way too lenient a rater, 80 something animes on there, don't think I saw any below a 7.
    It was an enjoyable anime, but no where near 10/10 as stated.

Deleted
    About Love Hina: the anime's nice, but it's nowhere near as good as the manga (since the anime is pretty much 1/10 of the story).
    And you can't really compare it to clannad/kanon, etc... since it's really 40% romance 40% comedy 10% weird stuff 10% drama.

But I would really advise on reading the manga instead of watching the anime if you haven't done it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    About Love Hina: the anime's nice, but it's nowhere near as good as the manga (since the anime is pretty much 1/10 of the story).
    completely agree with that, but thats how most of them are
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    do yourself a favour and skip macross 7, it is amongst the worst anime i've ever seen.
    The rest is good though particularly zero and frontier
    I really enjoyed Macross Zero, superb animation in that one. Thinking of which, I quite liked the movie The Sky Crawlers as well (by Mamoru Oshii). Both of these have some of the best air battles I've seen

Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-01-28 at 10:07 AM.

You know, just when I thought Madoka could only get happier going forward....they are like lolno.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    My head just asploded

Reading ITT really makes me remember that i watched a lot more than i do now. The sad part is, i can't even remember some of those anime.
    But thanks to you guys, it really takes me back. I've watched Love Hina, Chobits, NGE, School Rumble (oh boy did i love that) even Naruto and Bleach, way before dattebayo started subbing them. I guess im just too picky now.

Gosh this thread has grown alot during my absense...someone remind me that im on page 58 when if i ask again tomorrow O_o

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched Fractale Episode 3.
    Shit got real.

Unluckily for me, my pc is temporarily out of order so i'm missing all the new episodes.

As for the harem animes, they can get way to genric like rosario, golden boy atleast gave it a good twist by
    A:keeping the woman seprate
    and B:having the women hateing him/using him until the end of the episode where he manages to impress them that much they fall for him. it only becomes a harem on the last episode and even the thats just barley as he disappears before anything happens
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-01-28 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted

If like you like Action Trinity Blood / Hellsing / Blood the Last Vampire / Vampire Hunter D ( Yes i like vampires =3)
    Hehe are you me? I've watched those all too and liked every one of em. I suggest you to watch Blood+(based on Blood The Last Vampire) if you haven't, It's fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So cuteee~

I, myself loved TB/Hellsing and if they made a "2nd season" for those, I'd be glued to the screen right now. (Wait a minute..)

Naruto/Bleach the more famous ones.
    *Thumbs up!*

Haven't watched Brotherhood yet, but I did like FMA: The Original to a point. :P

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Hehe are you me? I've watched those all too and liked every one of em. I suggest you to watch Blood+(based on Blood The Last Vampire) if you haven't, It's fantastic.
    Really?
    Seems like I need to do some research...
    First thing tomorrow... /yawn...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Really?
    Seems like I need to do some research...
    First thing tomorrow... /yawn...
    well, as far as i know, the connection to blood: the last vampire is a pretty loose one, but the series is a very nice watch noetheless.