Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Anybody knows what Anime this gif is from?

And is the source material worth watching/reading?
    Looks like Dog Days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Anybody knows what Anime this gif is from?

And is the source material worth watching/reading?
    HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE WATCHED DOG DAYS! GO NOW. Also season 2 is airig now and THAT clip is from epsiode one of season 2.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Looks like Dog Days.
    It is episode one season 2 at about 10:32 in. And yeah i just checked LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    First they skip an entire year. You meet his new friends but you have no feelings towards them at all - except for Sacchi since she has the most character development out of the new bunch. Should've at least showed us how he met them.
    The scene where they die was also rushed. Really. Who in their right mind decided to cut and skip yet another year at Sacchi's death scene? And yeah the revival plot hole bugged me.
    Klein's drama scenes are really forced too. Santa scene could've been fleshed out a lot more.

The first 2 episodes = The entire first volume (which is 25 chapters long). The 3rd episode skipped 3 chapters in the 2nd volume.
    This is, in my opinion, not acceptable. Skip Art Online.

"The pacing should be fixed by the time the anime hits the third volume. They still have to go through two side stories before hitting the beginning of volume one, then near the end of volume one they're going to cover one last side story before finishing it and moving into the third volume."
    I hope this is true.
    I apologize if this offends most of you, but you are a bit ill informed on the novels. Some of this will be spoilers on top of spoilers, which the anime has yet to progress into, read at your own risk.
    The anime is taking the novels and weaving as many side stories from the other novels into the main arc in chronological order. They have only been in the game for around 6 months by the time he joined black cats, 2 months of which were on the first floor alone. This covers Episode 1(Which was chapter 2/3 of the first novel) and 2(Aria in the Starless Night side story novel, which is only 100 pages long including the art). Episode 3 was a side story from the second novel called Red-nosed Reindeer(Same title as the episode) and I agree that they cut out quite a bit, especially the training he does without sleep and alone in a high level area(They also cut out more of his conversations with Klein). On the other hand, they didn't really give much more information about the Black Cats guild in the novel either aside from a few mentions of them in his reasons for fighting and living. He met them while they were questing outside of The Area, and he helped them out and later joined them. He concealed his level from them due to the whole beater concept(there was a large hatred towards beaters in most of the SAO population), and when they found the trap chest they voted to open it even though he warned them that it seemed like a bad idea. I do agree that he was stupid in hiding his level from them, and that if he revealed it they would've probably survived(But even he admits that in the novels).

This is where you became partially correct as they then skip ahead 8 months to December and the Nicholas the Apostate event. This is where he does his training that led up to the actual event itself, which I mentioned above as being cut out of the episode. The plot about the revival item was just sped through so much in the anime that it seemed insignificant for the most part, but he was willing to try ANYTHING to bring back at least Sachi if there was even a small chance of it. He didn't care about what Kayaba told them about dying, if there was a chance at all he was going to try it. I agree with you about the Nicholas fight being horrible though, seeing as they cut out quite a bit of a struggle with him soloing a boss monster.

Again, they are doing the anime in chronological order, they haven't skipped anything so far. The anime will be 24 episodes long, which will cover just the SAO arc of the novels. If the anime has high ratings and sells well then it will continue on with the Fairy Dance arc(ALfheim Online - ALO),Phantom Bullet arc(Gun Gale Online - GGO), and Alicization arc(UnderWorld - UW)

Seriously though, not trying to sound like a douche, just correcting the post a bit to alleviate some peoples confusion and misgivings towards the series.

Catching up on anime after GW2 beta weekend made me fall even more behind. Also, was rewatching Steins;Gate, I'm currently at episode 12. A little afraid to start it up. ;_;

Side note, I'm enjoying all these ecchi shows for some reason.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-07-24 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    Oh, good to know. Thanks, and no you didn't come of as a douche.
    Thanks for letting me know! Also:

It seems that the voice cast for ALO has already been announced, and I missed it somewhere along the line. Hopefully this was just something they went ahead and figured out ahead of time for a future season, but it seems they may try to cram that arc into the series as well. This could go extremely well or really badly, and I'm hoping for the best since I don't want another animated letdown like Accel World. Both series of novels are great, and I guess it just bothers me like movie adaptations of books do. Trying to cram too much content into a limited time slot has always left me with negative feelings at the end for the most part.

Side note, I'm enjoying all these ecchi shows for some reason.
    Because stupid ecchi stuff is hilarious. Dakara Boku is one of the best shows this season and Hagure's second episode was a lot better than the first.

You still need to watch Manyuu Hikenchou.

I was actually curious, Steins;Gate spoilers: Why would Kurisu join SERN in the timeline where Mayuri dies? My guess was brainwashing or kidnapping.

Deleted
    I was actually curious, Steins;Gate spoilers: Why would Kurisu join SERN in the timeline where Mayuri dies? My guess was brainwashing or [B]kidnapping[/B].

In the side story "The Far Valhalla", which explores Kurisu's, Okabe's, and Daru's fate after being [B]captured by SERN[/B], it's revealed that Okabe devised a plan to escape from SERN's headquarter in France, but as SERN learned that it would rule the world in the future, it let Okabe and Daru go in order to complete the cycle of fate. Kurisu gave up and stayed behind, but still believed that Okabe would be able to overcome fate. In 2034, she completed the time machine and was executed by SERN. Kurisu's allegiance with SERN in the future is the reason Suzuha, a member of the resistance against SERN's rule in 2036, is initially distrustful of her.

http://myanimelist.net/character/34470/Kurisu_Makise

Deleted
    After finishing Fate/Zero I was left craving for more. The quality of the animation, fighting and story was really something.

I figured I'd like Fate/Stay night as well since, you know, F/Z is a prequel to it and all, but man did I get disappointed.

One of the best anime I've ever seen is a prequel to one of the worst... meh.

So no Natsuyuki love here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    After finishing Fate/Zero I was left craving for more. The quality of the animation, fighting and story was really something.

I figured I'd like Fate/Stay night as well since, you know, F/Z is a prequel to it and all, but man did I get disappointed.

One of the best anime I've ever seen is a prequel to one of the worst... meh.
    I think one of the main problems is that FSN is a very straight forward (love) story with only 5sh characters with any kind of development but really focused only on 2 (saber/shirou)
    UBW is a bit better but is likely pretty damn confusing if you haven't seen FSN (but still focuses on two characters{archer/shirou})
    Zero there were large stretches were the focus wasn't on saber/kritisugu and a lot more interesting characters
    Last edited by bals; 2012-07-24 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I think one of the main problems is that FSN is a very straight forward (love) story with only 5sh characters with any kind of development but really focused only on 2 (saber/shirou)
    UBW is a bit better but is likely pretty damn confusing if you haven't seen FSN (but still focuses on two characters{archer/shirou})
    Zero there were large stretches were the focus wasn't on saber/kritisugu and a lot more interesting characters
    Main problem with F/SN was not only 'Luck E' (thus being made by Studio Deen).
    F/SN is a mess with 80% of Fate route, 10% UBW and 10% Heaven's Feel.

Chitanda Eru in a penguin costume = Kawaii.

Can't view MAL still. Thanks for letting me know though, couldn't even find it on Steins;gate wiki thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    So no Natsuyuki love here?
    I'm enjoying it, I like the premise a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Chitanda Eru in a penguin costume = Kawaii.
    She's fairly adorable in general.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-07-25 at 04:16 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone here who likes Slayers ?

Been watching Clannad: After Story. Ohgod episode 16. Why?! ;_; The instant it said she was pregnant Skelington knew what would happen, but jeez, she didn't even get to hold her baby. And there's still 8 episodes left. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Been watching Clannad: After Story. Ohgod episode 16. Why?! ;_; The instant it said she was pregnant Skelington knew what would happen, but jeez, she didn't even get to hold her baby. And there's still 8 episodes left. ;_;
    Not sure if this deserves a spoiler-tag or not, but just in case..! I saw episode 16 right before class begun and I cried, in front of everyone, like a baby. That episode made me so angry at the people here who suggested it (Looking at you Synaia!), but there really is a reason why people love it so much, keep watching!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Anyone here who likes Slayers ?

If anyone here DOESN'T i'd question both their sanity and right to be here. Also i own all of the series/movies/specials you tell me.

Just finished it, and Skelington doesn't think he's ever cried so much before. So many feelings - it's easily one of the best shows he's ever seen.

Akio is one of the most badass characters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Just finished it, and Skelington doesn't think he's ever cried so much before. So many feelings - it's easily one of the best shows he's ever seen.
    Yeah, it's a tear jerker, but its very good.