Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    But being Meguca ~es~ suffering.

In any case, while the anime itself was probably the best MS out there, it wasn't flawless, and Madoka's character was one of its flaws imo.
    She's not that bad, and they do explain her character by the end, which a lot of people seem to miss. She's a selfless, young, adolescent girl that's just starting to think about what to do with her life when becoming meguka gives her the confidence and purpose for which she was looking. In the show's timeline whenever she tries to do something she's constantly being told "no" until she feels powerless and is eventually forced to watch her idol die gruesomely and her best friend throw herself into a self destructive spiral. The point of her coming off as useless and scared is because she didn't have the experience from becoming a magical girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    why do you think i dont like one piece? ;X i just dont recomend it to people that have watched bleach as they usually know about the 3 big ones being naruto bleach and one piece ^^ also i personally prefer one piece over bleach and naruto especially the manga is alot better then the other two ;X
    Saw the big list of shounen and One Piece wasn't on it so I just assumed you weren't a fan of it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:39 AM ----------

Finished Bakemonogatari earlier today. I was a bit cautious going in, and the art style near the beginning initially put me off a bit. It grew on me though and Bakemonogatari has had some of the coolest scenes in an anime I've seen. Really grew to love the art style and it's definitely one of my favorites out of all the anime I've watched. Art style aside, it was an awesome show and I really enjoyed it. Nekomonogtari and Nisemonogatari are next!

And bah, all these dang anime shorts coming out this season. I want full length episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    She's not that bad, and they do explain her character by the end, which a lot of people seem to miss.
    I agree with you, but she's still the worst Meguca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Finished Bakemonogatari earlier today. I was a bit cautious going in, and the art style near the beginning initially put me off a bit. It grew on me though and Bakemonogatari has had some of the coolest scenes in an anime I've seen. Really grew to love the art style and it's definitely one of my favorites out of all the anime I've watched. Art style aside, it was an awesome show and I really enjoyed it. Nekomonogtari and Nisemonogatari are next!

And bah, all these dang anime shorts coming out this season. I want full length episodes!
    Just started watching it, one episode left. I actually loved how it was done from the very beginning and want to watch more shows with that type of style now.

I just wish there was more loli vampire. Not enough loli vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Watch Nise for glorious Shinobu. You'll know when you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Watch Nise for glorious Shinobu. You'll know when you see it.
    Yes, Nise made me love Shinobu more than I already did.

All I have to say for BD version of that scene is DAT ASS, HNNNG. I obviously can't post it here.

Usagi Drop: Why did Daikichi end up with Kouki's mom in Usagi Drop? ;_;
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-01-03 at 04:38 AM.

Commie just released the third part of Nekomonogatari Kuro. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Usagi Drop: Why did Daikichi end up with Kouki's mom in Usagi Drop? ;_;
    If you mean the anime, they only hint at it. Manga spoilers : In the second part of the manga she turns him down when he proposes to her, from what I've read.
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2013-01-03 at 05:21 AM.

Just started watching it, one episode left. I actually loved how it was done from the very beginning and want to watch more shows with that type of style now.

Yeah, it was just something so different from what I was used to. I was hooked on it by around the 3rd episode though. And it only got better after that for me. Some of those scenes were just absolutely amazing.

And I agree with this lol. I wanted more of her character.

Good to hear there's more of her in Nise.

And bah! I read that Usagi drop spoiler. Should of labeled it as a manga spoiler and not an anime one =(.

And bah! I read that Usagi drop spoiler. Should of labeled it as a manga spoiler and not an anime one =(.
    My bad, I was confused and thought the question was about the manga for some reason, since they don't ever hook up in the anime. <-- Anime only spoiler this time. I fixed my earlier post as well. I get mixed up sometimes when there are so many types of media for one story, sorry about the spoiler mishap.

So I really like this song. Anyone know the name of it so I can find it?

Nevermind, I fail at reading youtube comments, someone asked the same question and someone else answered. :s
    Last edited by Inner Universe; 2013-01-03 at 06:05 AM.

Where's the best place to buy manga? I was going to use Amazon, but I thought I'd ask to see if there was somewhere else that was cheaper and would save me some money before I bought a bunch on Amazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    All I have to say for BD version of that scene is DAT ASS, HNNNG. I obviously can't post it here.
    Holy shit I watched that scene. Shinobu is lewd. Very lewd.

Where's the best place to buy manga? I was going to use Amazon, but I thought I'd ask to see if there was somewhere else that was cheaper and would save me some money before I bought a bunch on Amazon.
    Check for a used manga store near you. Though unless you are okay with used the list price is the only way to go, and Amazon/BN is the best for that. You could also find a big seller on Amazon for used manga and purchase in bulk to save on shipping plus get each book for cheap.

Looking at the wiki page for the Monogatari stories it seems Kizu won't be the end of it? I can see Kabuki, Hana, Otori, Oni, Koi, Tsuki, Owari, and Zukuowari that have yet to be animated (though the last two haven't even been released). Going crazy about it and I'm not even done with Nise.

It was announced on a flyer released with Tsukiomonogatari that Nekomonogatari (Kuro) will be followed by a planned 26-episode anime television series spanning the novels from Nekomonogatari (Shiro) (猫物語(白)?, "Cat Story (White)") to Koimonogatari.
    This makes me happy. That knocks off Kabuki, Hana, Otori, Oni, and Koi.

I'm getting so excited over a show I just started watching. o.o

Looks like Tomoko Market got a good writer for the show: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-market-anime
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-01-03 at 07:19 AM.

Check for a used manga store near you. I am super anal/ocd about my books lol. Anal to the point I've repurchased books because they've gotten a little beat up or refused to buy one because it had a messed up corner or something lol. I even keep them in plastic bags when I take one with me somewhere so they don't get messed up and will wash my hands before reading them lol. I'm a bit off lol.Though unless you are okay with used the list price is the only way to go, and Amazon/BN is the best for that. You could also find a big seller on Amazon for used manga and purchase in bulk to save on shipping plus get each book for cheap.
    I ended up going with Amazon. Used is probably not an option for me lol. I am super anal/ocd about my books lol. Anal to the point I've repurchased books because they've gotten a little beat up or refused to buy one because it had a messed up corner or something lol. I even keep them in plastic bags when I take one with me somewhere so they don't get messed up and will wash my hands before reading them lol. I'm a bit off lol.

Just spent like $130 on Manga. Usagi Drop 1-4, Girl Friends Collection 1& pre-ordered 2, One Piece 9-12, Spice and Wolf 7 Manga + LN. I almost bought the rest of Usagi, but the total was getting a bit high for me lol. I blame you Brincamian lol. You mentioning the Usagi Drop manga got me wanting to buy it and then I ended buying a bunch of other manga I wanted too lol. Damn you lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up going with Amazon. Used is probably not an option for me lol. I am super anal/ocd about my books lol. Anal to the point I've repurchased books because they've gotten a little beat up or refused to buy one because it had a messed up corner or something lol. I even keep them in plastic bags when I take one with me somewhere so they don't get messed up and will wash my hands before reading them lol. I'm a bit off lol.

Just spent like $130 on Manga. Usagi Drop 1-4, Girl Friends Collection 1& pre-ordered 2, One Piece 9-12, Spice and Wolf 7 Manga + LN. I almost bought the rest of Usagi, but the total was getting a bit high for me lol. I blame you Brincamian lol. You mentioning the Usagi Drop manga got me wanting to buy it and then I ended buying a bunch of other manga I wanted too lol. Damn you lol!
    You should put A Certain Scientific Railgun on your list. The manga is great.

Also all that money. :|

I don't mind used as long as it's in good+ condition. I wouldn't buy used with really bent corners or the like, but just a bit ruffled is fine by me. I'd rather have the money to buy lots then the money to just buy a few. I still get new from time to time though just because the one I want I can't find used.

It certainly wasn't my intent, lol. I haven't exactly been praising the Usagi Drop manga. =P

This makes me happy. That knocks off Kabuki, Hana, Otori, Oni, and Koi.

I'm getting so excited over a show I just started watching. o.o
    You picked a great time to pick it up, the wait has been long and painful. Took close to two years after the original series to get more animated, but now there's a ton coming out! I'm hoping they have screenings of Kizumonogatari like they did for Madoka when it finally airs.

It makes me think a Spice and Wolf S3 could still be possible. /pray

You should put A Certain Scientific Railgun on your list. The manga is great.

Also all that money. :|

I don't mind used as long as it's in good+ condition. I wouldn't buy used with really bent corners or the like, but just a bit ruffled is fine by me. I'd rather have the money to buy lots then the money to just buy a few. I still get new from time to time though just because the one I want I can't find used.
    I'll check it out for next time I make a purchase. I've spent too much today as is lol.

I think if I could physically see the used copy of it and it wasn't messed up I'd be cool with buying it. Not really comfortable with online though. As far as I know my city doesn't really have anything like that, or at least not a good selection of anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Don't tease me you cruel and unmerciful creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    It certainly wasn't my intent, lol. I haven't exactly been praising the Usagi Drop manga. =P

No regrets lol. How'd you like the manga in comparison to the anime?

And man, if they ever make another season of Spice and Wolf, I will be one happy guy. If you're familiar with any of my posts you'll know I LOVE me some Spice and Wolf lol.

No regrets lol. How'd you like the manga in comparison to the anime?

And man, if they ever make another season of Spice and Wolf, I will be one happy guy. If you're familiar with any of my posts you'll know I LOVE me some Spice and Wolf lol.
    I haven't actually read it, but I know all of the spoilers, and the story goes in an unexpected direction. I won't say anything else.

And same here, it's tied with Fate/Zero as my favorite series. I would love to just watch Horo and Lawrence talk for hours on end. I actually have fan translations of the novels all the way up to 12, but I've been holding back and reading the official releases instead. At first I hated how slow Yen Press was with them, but now I see it as a good excuse to draw out the story as much as possible so it won't end, hehe.