Lol, did my complaints about the fan service make you think it was going to be bad? Awesome episode though. World's first dakimakura lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Lol, did my complaints about the fan service make you think it was going to be bad? Awesome episode though. World's first dakimakura lol.
    Yeah, kind of.

/a/ is discussing it like crazy though. I'm hoping for quite a bit from this show, and if done right it could be my favorite non-continuation this season (can't really say this for sure yet though because I haven't seen any of the others). I'm getting a nice Spice & Wolf vibe from it and the commentary is pretty interesting.

Thinking of reading the manga. I heard the character designs are a lot better in it, as the anime takes the designs from the original LN artwork.

I actually prefer the anime art style over the different manga versions. There's like 4 different versions of the manga, too, if you weren't aware.

Went on /a/ to read some of the discussion after you mentioned it. Encountered tons of gifs of the Demon King's bouncing breasts. I am now once again extremely irritated that they did this to my Spice and Wolf fix lol. Why couldn't they just give her normal breasts that don't have their own physics engine?! Gah lol. I'm just going to have to deal with it. I'm quite sad her horns are removable, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually prefer the anime art style over the different manga versions. There's like 4 different versions of the manga, too, if you weren't aware.

Went on /a/ to read some of the discussion after you mentioned it. Encountered tons of gifs of the Demon King's bouncing breasts. I am now once again extremely irritated that they did this to my Spice and Wolf fix lol. Why couldn't they just give her normal breasts that don't have their own physics engine?! Gah lol. I'm just going to have to deal with it. I'm quite sad her horns are removable, too.
    I laughed at that part. I don't mind at all, it'll make it easier for her to blend in with the humans. If not that it would have been a spell to hide them.

Which manga should I read if you've checked them out? The first two out and the longest ones are Oka no Mukō e (May 19th, 2011 with 3 volumes currently out) and "Kono Watashi no Mono to Nare, Yūsha yo" "Kotowaru!" (May 26th with 4 volumes currently out), so between those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished watching My little monster, LOVED it! Anyone have any clue when season 2 will be airing? Google didn't help much.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Just finished watching My little monster, LOVED it! Anyone have any clue when season 2 will be airing? Google didn't help much.
    No season 2 announced yet for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I laughed at that part. I don't mind at all, it'll make it easier for her to blend in with the humans. If not that it would have been a spell to hide them.

Which manga should I read if you've checked them out? The first two out and the longest ones are Oka no Mukō e (May 19th, 2011 with 3 volumes currently out) and "Kono Watashi no Mono to Nare, Yūsha yo" "Kotowaru!" (May 26th with 4 volumes currently out), so between those two.
    Yeah, that would probably make it hard to interact with humans. I'm curious to see what other demons look like.

And not a clue. I only read about there being multiple versions.

I saw you guys compare Maoyuu Maou Yuusha to Spice and Wolf so I checked it out. It is incredibly cheesy but it's cute so it has my attention and I'll continue watching as new episodes air.

On the whole fan service thing you guys are discussing - I'm hoping it gets a little bit deeper because from the first episode it seems pretty shallow with the whole hero runs into castle and finds incredibly hot and busty female who wants to fuck. There's definitely going to be a load of fan service in this one so there is no point in complaining about it if you're going to continue to watch. I had a lot of fun watching Highschool of the Dead and that was just fanservice, guns, and zombies. Still, I am hoping it has an engaging story.

Also the Demon King has red eyes....... I really really like red eyes.

The blonde knight in the forest who swung her sword at the older man who made a comment about her boobs - she reminds me of Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Agrias Oaks vs unknown blonde knight.

"Life is short... Bury! Steady Sword!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No season 2 announced yet for it.
    Ahh, too bad. Hopefully they are working on it, such an awesome show that makes one laugh out loud
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Now that I think about it, they could have just hid her horns like holo did with her ears. That would been the much better method.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I saw you guys compare Maoyuu Maou Yuusha to Spice and Wolf so I checked it out. It is incredibly cheesy but it's cute so it has my attention and I'll continue watching as new episodes air.

On the whole fan service thing you guys are discussing - I'm hoping it gets a little bit deeper because from the first episode it seems pretty shallow with the whole hero runs into castle and finds incredibly hot and busty female who wants to fuck. There's definitely going to be a load of fan service in this one so there is no point in complaining about it if you're going to continue to watch. I had a lot of fun watching Highschool of the Dead and that was just fanservice, guns, and zombies. Still, I am hoping it has an engaging story.

Also the Demon King has red eyes....... I really really like red eyes.

The blonde knight in the forest who swung her sword at the older man who made a comment about her boobs - she reminds me of Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Agrias Oaks vs unknown blonde knight.

"Life is short... Bury! Steady Sword!"
    I normally wouldn't complain about fan service, but with the same director and cast as Spice and Wolf, I have some expectations lol. Like I've mentioned before, I'm basically expecting/wanting another Spice and Wolf. I'm sure it will get deeper. Can't really tell off just the first episode.

I too, am a fan of her eyes lol.

The horns being removeable didn't bother me at all because I thought it was dumb to begin with, and obviously she did too. She only had horns on because that is what a typical human being would expect from a demon. I also liked the bits of dialogue where she was accused of driving some southern minister insane. "Do evil, get caught, then claim demons were brainwashing you. A common way that human politicians evade responsibility." The Church has always used demons and the fear of punishment to control the masses and excuse the horrifying deeds they ahve done, especially so in medieval times. Of course the hero expects a stereotypical demon with stereotypical "I am a demon" horns.

But I understand why you're frustrated with the fan service since you're longing for a replacement to Spice and Wolf. I wouldn't hope for a replacement since that will only leave you disappointed. Accept that this isn't and never will be Spice and Wolf and you'll probably enjoy it more.

and yes. Red eyes. I fall so hard for them.

edit: another comment on the demon horns, notice how the Demon King left her horns behind and the Hero left his crown headpiece thingy. Both symbolized the stereotypical image of a demon/heroic knight and they both left them behind. That should be telling enough that they aren't going for full on cheese.
    Last edited by Inner Universe; 2013-01-05 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it, they could have just hid her horns like holo did with her ears. That would been the much better method.
    They might have done exactly the opposite for that reason. To both make fun of Spice and Wolf and provide the comedic relief of the Demon King having fake horns, plus to go against the stereotype of Demons and horns.

edit: another comment on the demon horns, notice how the Demon King left her horns behind and the Hero left his crown headpiece thingy. Both symbolized the stereotypical image of a demon/heroic knight and they both left them behind. That should be telling enough that they aren't going for full on cheese.
    Yeah, exactly. Made it a lot more interesting.

Also January 30th for full OP + ED. Excited.

The horns being removeable didn't bother me at all because I thought it was dumb to begin with, and obviously she did too. She only had horns on because that is what a typical human being would expect from a demon. I also liked the bits of dialogue where she was accused of driving some southern minister insane. "Do evil, get caught, then claim demons were brainwashing you. A common way that human politicians evade responsibility." The Church has always used demons and the fear of punishment to control the masses and excuse the horrifying deeds they ahve done, especially so in medieval times. Of course the hero expects a stereotypical demon with stereotypical "I am a demon" horns.

But I understand why you're frustrated with the fan service since you're longing for a replacement to Spice and Wolf. I wouldn't hope for a replacement since that will only leave you disappointed. Accept that this isn't and never will be Spice and Wolf and you'll probably enjoy it more.

and yes. Red eyes. I fall so hard for them.

An interesting idea. It makes sense. I wonder if all other demons look like humans as well. From what we've seen so far, it almost seems like no one has actually seen a demon.

I know it's probably not going to be another Spice and Wolf, and I'm going to try and lower my expectations lol. I wouldn't want to somewhat tarnish a possibly really good anime, just because I'm expecting an absolutely amazing one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 06:58 AM ----------

They might have done exactly the opposite for that reason. To both make fun of Spice and Wolf and provide the comedic relief of the Demon King having fake horns, plus to go against the stereotype of Demons and horns.
    I could see that being the exact reason they did that lol.

I know it's probably not going to be another Spice and Wolf, and I'm going to try and lower my expectations lol. I wouldn't want to somewhat tarnish a possibly really good anime, just because I'm expecting an absolutely amazing one.
    My expectations going into it were a bit too high as well, and I was rather disappointed. Horo is miles better than this Maou, and while I don't mind fan service too much, breasts that big aren't even attractive to me, heh. I was also hoping the main character would be a little more eloquent. Even if Lawrence became flustered just as easily as this guy, he was still able to talk properly, at the very least.

Basically, I ended up comparing it to Spice and Wolf way too much as well. It was still fun, but I'm going to have more reasonable expectations going forward and just view it as something completely separate.

Him being completely clueless about economics was pretty damn funny, though.

And on the topic of red eyes, I've been reading Tsukihime lately, and Arcueid manages to be awesome even with the really dated and somewhat low quality art. All it takes is vibrant red eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    My expectations going into it were a bit too high as well, and I was rather disappointed. Horo is miles better than this Maou, and while I don't mind fan service too much, breasts that big aren't even attractive to me, heh. I was also hoping the main character would be a little more eloquent. Even if Lawrence became flustered just as easily as this guy, he was still able to talk properly, at the very least.

Basically, I ended up comparing it to Spice and Wolf way too much as well. It was still fun, but I'm going to have more reasonable expectations going forward and just view it as something completely separate.

And on the topic of red eyes, I've been reading Tsukihime lately, and Arcueid manages to be awesome even with the really dated and somewhat low quality art. All it takes is vibrant red eyes!
    Yeah I forgot to mention the Hero being clueless about economics. Like Zatheyll said that has to be poking a bit of fun at Spice and Wolf alongside with the fake horns. Even if it has a similar premise with the characters I don't think this show is trying to be Spice and Wolf at all so comparing the two would only serve to lessen enjoyment of it if you are a Spice and Wolf fan.

On another note I'm glad I started posting in this thread since following it has gotten me into anime a bit more and it is nice having some people to discuss old and current shows with, so thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post

Like you said, I'm going to treat this as something entirely separate from Spice and Wolf. It turns out to be another Spice and Wolf? Cool. If not, but it's still an exception anime, which I have a feeling it will be, then also cool.

I found his lack of knowledge on economics quite funny as well lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 08:39 AM ----------

On another note I'm glad I started posting in this thread since following it has gotten me into anime a bit more and it is nice having some people to discuss old and current shows with, so thank you all.
    Likewise. None of my friends watch anime, so it's nice to be able to discuss it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    An interesting idea. It makes sense. I wonder if all other demons look like humans as well. From what we've seen so far, it almost seems like no one has actually seen a demon.

The definition of demon is "A cruel, evil, or destructive person or thing." With that definition you could call the people you are warring with demons, just because you are on your side and you want something they don't want to give you. Just like in this story the "humans" classify the ones they are fighting with as "demons". Sure the demons call themselves demons, but that's because that is what they have been classified as. To the demons the humans are just as much demons because the humans are the ones that are going in and attacking the demons.

Just as said in the first episode if the humans won they would exterminate the demons or enslave them, yet they would call the demons evil for doing the exact same thing to them. It brings a lot of hypocrisy to the table.

Anyways, with the definition above just because they are classified as demons wouldn't give them horns, red skin, or anything else that might come up if you think of the term demon. They could just be a different race of people, which is how I believe they are portrayed in this series. They could be the elves to humans, so to speak. The Demon King wearing those fake horns was just to make fun not only of the stereotype the humans in the world have, but the stereotype we ourselves have towards demons.

I'm probably trying to take too much out of the series, but it's interesting nonetheless.

If it wasn't for this thread, and as much as I hate to admit it, /a/, I probably would have ended up as either a dub loving, big 3 loving, Netflix anime watcher, the average MAL user, or a "eww moe, eww cute, shounen is the best (hah yeah right)" type of person.

New SSY out, I heard not only is it a good episode but there is more yuri in it too. (Which really makes it a good episode in the first place)
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-01-05 at 09:15 AM.

Feels random and probably not what you guys are talking about, but I just have to say-I played Persona 4 Golden(never played any personas before) And its sooo amazing. Easily the best rpg ive played in 6 years, and im planning on watching the anime as soon as im done(on the true ending final boss, under leveled as all hell) Anyone here watch the anime? I hope it lives up to the game, im so excited for it.

persona 4 absolutly worth watching

and i just watched Cuticle Tantei Inaba Episode 1 wtf is that? i think that will be first this season i have to drop ;o

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    persona 4 absolutly worth watching

and i just watched Cuticle Tantei Inaba Episode 1 wtf is that? i think that will be first this season i have to drop ;o
    From what I've read it's a seperate story every episode ... I read that as "no story progression throughout the show", which kinda already puts me off from watching it.