Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    I am rewatching Baccano, but this time in english dub because my boyfriend wanted to. I am really surprised how good it is with english dubs. They captured tons of different accents perfectly(in my ears), specially the new york accents. I am normally against english dubs, but Baccano is better in english due to the accents.

Just wanted to share how pleasantly surprised I was.
    That's good to know. I thought Baccano looked quite interesting, but I was put off by the idea of watching it in the original Japanese because, from what I gather, it's set exclusively in 20s US and to hear everyone speaking Japanese in that setting would just seem weird to me. Despite really enjoying it, I find Jormungand a little weird to watch in Japanese sometimes because its so obvious that the 90% of the conversations taking place on the show are likely in English. Some fantasy pieces feel weird in Japanese to me too.
    But, if the dub is well acted, I may have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Jormungand is one of those few series I will have to rewatch when it gets dubbed.

If they can get a Finnish person to voice Vamlet, I am sold.
    Yeah, it's got so much potential to be one of the best dubbed series out there if the studio responsible for it just hires half-decent actors who are from the countries that each of the characters are supposed to be from. Like Curry and his team are British, Schokolade, Scarecrow and Bookman (along with Lehm, Wile and likely Koko and Kasper etc) sound American, R is Italian and Chen and Karen are Chinese etc.
    That would be awesome, but something tells me that they wouldn't bother putting that much effort into casting. Koko would have to be really good to make it watchable too, because her Japanese voice is great. Best acting in the show I think and it suits her perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post

Saw this on reddit and thought it might be interesting to do here. Make a 3x3 mosaic using pictures of your top 9 anime. If you're interested, this site makes the process pretty easy http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Mine's not really set in stone, but it's the general idea of my favorites.

Here's mine http://i.imgur.com/J0syD.jpg
    Well I posted one before, but here's another for good measure:

I'd honestly consider putting Jojo there, Humanity has Declined would be replaced with Monogatari, I'm too lazy to fix it, and F/Z before Steins;Gate.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats the middle one digs? can't recognize it
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    whats the middle one digs? can't recognize it
    Mononoke :>

(not princess mononoke mind you)

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Snip
    I'll never understand why so many people like Madoka so much lol. It was good, no doubt. I did enjoy it quite a bit, but not to the extent that it seems everyone on here and reddit has lol. To each their own I suppose.

I FINALLY started Stein's; Gate. After never really feeling in the mood to watch it, I started a couple days ago and I'm on episode 5. Loving it so far. I had initially watched the first episode quite a while ago and stopped for some reason or another (I think I was currently watching Naruto or something at this point lol). I'm glad I did though. I can already tell I wouldn't of appreciated it as much back then as I will now. I remember not really liking the first episode and after re-watching it a couple days ago I noticed a big difference in my enjoyment of it. That, and this was back in my streaming days (ugh) lol.

I'll never understand why so many people like Madoka so much lol. It was good, no doubt. I did enjoy it quite a bit, but not to the extent that it seems everyone on here and reddit has lol. To each their own I suppose.
    Eh, it seems like people who are rather 'meh' about it saw it after it aired and saw the hype beforehand, I went into it with no real expectations, so they were exceeded. Not saying everyone who watched it while airing loved it, but it seems to be a big factor.

I also plan to supplement in the Rosetta Stone program as well, so that should certainly be of some help.
    Ehh... I dunno about the Rosetta Stone idea. IMHO those are kinda "Languages for dummies" that aren't all that useful if you're in a real class. Genki has audio lessons that go with the books, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I watched madoka back when I had openings between classes, and less "current anime watching", so I ended up delving into halfway done anime. Madoka was on ep 6-7 (sayaka's arc for sure) and I breezed through it all in 2 days >_>
    [CENTER]

Eh, it seems like people who are rather 'meh' about it saw it after it aired and saw the hype beforehand, I went into it with no real expectations, so they were exceeded. Not saying everyone who watched it while airing loved it, but it seems to be a big factor.
    I went in with extremely low expectations (expected to hate it) so I was pleasantly surprised.

Just watched the third episode of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

I'm pretty sure the Hero is gay.

Oh wow....people were NOT lying when they said Fate/Zero is better than Fate/Stay Night.

A lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Another excellent Maoyuu Maou episode. I don't think it will be another Spice and Wolf, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it nonetheless. This is shaping up to be a good season.

i watched the entire series in like two days with no pre-hype.
    it was good but it wasn't like it was mind blowing

Deleted
    Sup guise. SHAFT is coming out with a new anime (creators of monogatari and Madoka series!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Sup guise. SHAFT is coming out with a new anime (creators of monogatari and Madoka series!)
    [video=youtube;p5tc7_CEoFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p5tc7_CEoFQ[/ideo]
    Heroine that looks like Sena running around doing cool shizzle. Looks good to me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Heroine that looks like Sena running around doing cool shizzle. Looks good to me!
    Exactly my thoughts ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    So, after many years, I finally finished watching Saiyuki. Got excited to watch Saiyuki Reload. Then I realize, nope, can't do it. Those idiots went and got brand new voice actors. The voices sound completely different, and I just can't get into. Why would one go and do something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess mine is like.

1. Rozen Maiden.
    2. Strawberry Panic.
    3. Simoun.
    4. Madoka Magica.
    5. Hidamari Sketch.
    6. Maria-sama ga Miteru.
    7. Higurashi.
    8. Candy Boy.
    9. Kara no Kyoukai.

I'm not bothering with the 3x3, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    i watched the entire series in like two days with no pre-hype.
    it was good but it wasn't like it was mind blowing
    Well of course, not everyone will like it, even without hearing any hype. For me it just struck all the right chords for me in terms of what I like in anime.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 07:57 PM ----------

Joseph from JJBA is one of the best male MCs I've seen like.. ever, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I didn't enjoy joseph for a while till this episode really
    [CENTER]