10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Go to Japan, study Japanese, get a part-time job. It sounds too good too be true.

I've always wished I had the courage to do something like this. T_T

How many of you have actually been to Japan before?
    Been there (4 times). It's a pretty place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Ok, here's the poll. If there are any issues, post something and I'll see if I can fix it. This is my first time making one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...bmZ6dzJoZ1E6MQ

It shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to fill out. I'll quote this post every time there's a new page that way no one who wants to take it will miss it. Depending on how many responses I get will determine how long it will be open for, as well as whether or not I'll make a thread solely for it in fun stuff and cinema/tv shows/books/music. So please take the poll as I'd like to limit responses solely to Anime Chat Thread readers.
    poll
    10char

poll
    10char
    Did it for you.

poll
    10char
    By favorite did you mean check any genre you don't avoid since Skelington couldn't tell you a favorite genre?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    By favorite did you mean check any genre you don't avoid since Skelington couldn't tell you a favorite genre?
    Yeah, something along those lines. I pretty much checked the boxes of all the genres I like and regularly watched and left unchecked the ones I didn't really watch.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Did it for you.
    Thanks. Hopefully we can get a decent amount of responses. I'm sure there's some people who lurk in this thread that don't post, so we should be able to get a decent amount.

poll
    10char
    Done .

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I haven't, but I've been on that very site dreaming of going.. just began a japanese course though, and I WILL go there sometime.
    I'll go there eventually too, I hope to do a lot of travelling before my life is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I definitely plan on going if either South Korea or Japan gets the olympics 2020. They are announcing it this Fall and if one of the two is chosen out of either those two or Spain then I have 7 years to save up for a trip to there where I'd also visit China and Japan/Korea for 1-2 months.
    That sounds like the vacation of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    This looks pretty interesting. Not sure if there's much use to it later when it comes to job searching back home (other than experiencing a different culture you're interested in) but I would do it if I had the courage.

I guess you might end up living together with a native family too.
    The site says that a lot of people apply for citizenship and stay there permanently.

It would be amazing to just go for two years to learn the language and enjoy a different life for awhile even if you had no plans to stay permanently. Why don't we have courage. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be amazing to just go for two years to learn the language and enjoy a different life for awhile even if you had no plans to stay permanently. Why don't we have courage. D:
    Man up and visit, it's worth it.

Poll filled cause... well why not.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-25 at 03:40 AM.

Pretty much agree with everything. I sincerely hope that hey don't forgive her though in Kotoura.
    You know they will. The OP and ED even show her hanging out with them. What I'm more worried about is if her mother comes back and she just up and forgives her. Petty jealousy leading to bullying in high school is one thing, but flat out abandoning your child and telling them you wish you'd never had them is damn near unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Man up and visit, it's worth it.

Poll filled cause... well why not.
    So I take it you have been?

Did you go alone? What city(ies) did you visit.

If this is too off-topic I will PM you if you don't mind.

10+ Year Old Account

Aren't we in Weeaboo General?

10+ Year Old Account

Fukuoka and some other places... that I do not amusingly remember the name of...

Been there 4 times by now.
    WEEABOOOOOOOOO

We are now.

I guess but I don't post in this thread enough to know how picky the mods are to semi-off topic discussion. This thread seems to stay pretty well on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Fukuoka and some other places... that I do not amusingly remember the name of...

Been there 4 times by now.
    WEEABOOOOOOOOO
    What is your opinion on living there for ~2 years to go to school and learn the language.

Did you go alone or did you go with friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your opinion on living there for ~2 years to go to school and learn the language.

Did you go alone or did you go with friends?
    Family.

It'd be an experience, but learning the language and social interaction would probably be the more... stranger thing. Different society, different 'rules' / customs.
    Eh, if I'm competent enough sure I could try and live there, but note that I'm also Asian of Taiwan descent so I don't know how social interaction would be for well, non Asian. Maybe weird, but for the younger crowd though, as in newer generation, the xenophobia isn't so much there. It's the older generations that generally have the issue of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are now.

[video=youtube;Utnb5Mru_zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utnb5Mru_zo[video]
    No. Never again.

I guess but I don't post in this thread enough to know how picky the mods are to semi-off topic discussion. This thread seems to stay pretty well on topic.
    This is the most on-topic thread in Fun Stuff.

If SAO did anything right it was the OST. Listening to it now and loving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the most on-topic thread in Fun Stuff.
    ^
    Amusingly enough, it is.
    If SAO did anything right it was the OST. Listening to it now and loving it.
    Check out Jigoku Shoujo one, it's a bit... interesting and I personally love it.

anyone else watching magi? i love morgiana, its not very often nowadays where we have STRONG female characters who are just 100% bad ass all the time.

who isnt watching magi? ;P i hope it will be atleast 50 ep anime as the anime is currently at chapter 70/170 and the manga is still ongoing and mid arc currently ^^

also robotic notes had a really good ep liked the mr pleiades weirdo police distraction scene ;D
    vividred operation nice ep cant wait for next but it kinda reminds me of power rangers colour wise ;X i can see momo being yellow/pink the bow girl black and the hikkomori girl white xD also i rly wanna know who the bow girl rly is and why she is transforming the alones everytime. oh and also vividgreen fusioin epic samurai girl ;D
    sasami this ep could have also been the last i am totally confused by this anime and am wondering whats going to happen next ;O
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2013-01-25 at 01:32 PM.

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

vividred operation, too bad that show is SUCH a lolicon cuz it sucks to have such good animation spoiled by crotch shots of 12 year olds every 30 seconds, had to stop watching it lol