plan to watch: 191
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Another site I frequent has a thing where they pick a show and then watch an episode a day and have discussions on each episode each day. I've never participated since I'm more of a lurker over there, but I thought it might be fun to try out over here. It wouldn't necessarily have to be an episode a day as well.

We could all nominate 1-2 shows and then vote on the show we want to watch. Sound like something any of you would be interested in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might help expand my anime tastes.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Hey guys let's all watch Boku.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Another site I frequent has a thing where they pick a show and then watch an episode a day and have discussions on each episode each day. I've never participated since I'm more of a lurker over there, but I thought it might be fun to try out over here. It wouldn't necessarily have to be an episode a day as well.

We could all nominate 1-2 shows and then vote on the show we want to watch. Sound like something any of you would be interested in?
    i am in sounds like fun ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Hey guys let's all watch Boku.

[video=youtube;Hdjv_afHmV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hdjv_afHmV4[/vieo]
    Watched it yesterday along with two mates.

So it seems like a few of you are interested in doing it, and I'm sure there are others that just haven't seen it as well. I suggest we keep the show nominations to a max of 26 episode shows. Anything longer is just a bit too long. Also, two nominations per person. You don't have to follow this rule, but it might be best if nominations weren't shows that are super popular that everyone has seen, like Steins; Gate or Madoka for example.

Here's my two nominations:

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée http://myanimelist.net/anime/9938/Ik...o_Crois%C3%A9e

The story takes place in the second half of the 19th century, as Japanese culture gains popularity in the West. A young Japanese girl, Yune, accompanies a French traveller, Oscar, on his journey back to France, and offers to help at the family's ironwork shop in Paris. Oscar's nephew and shop-owner Claude reluctantly accepts to take care of Yune, and we learn how those two, who have so little in common, get to understand each other and live together in the Paris of the 1800s.
    Hanasaku Iroha http://myanimelist.net/anime/9289/Hanasaku_Iroha

After her single mother decides to run off with a boyfriend to dodge debt collectors, the young and energetic Ohana is sent to live with her grandmother. However, her grandmother is the strict owner of a hot springs inn and requires her to work at the inn to pay for her living expenses. Although Ohana is unhappy about this situation at first, she decides to make the best of her situation and work hard. Ohana's life is suddenly filled with fun, mischief, and drama!
    Easily one of my top 5 favorite anime of all time. It is an amazing show.

whenever i see people list i often miss stuff like Full Metal Panic season dosent matter but to talk about first would be best!
    Gonzo does it again with this action-packed mecha comedy. She's an ordinary high school girl. He's a counterterror agent assigned to protect her from those who would steal the information locked in her mind. OK, so she's not so normal after all. Armored Slave battles and lovers' spats abound as Sousuke and his comrades try to track down the mysterious Gauln before it's too late.
    *not the best synopsis but atleast it has the core in it :P *
    and also Busou Renkin
    Some things in life are so bad that you'd like to pretend they're just a dream. Unfortunately for Kazuki, trying to save a strange girl from being brutally killed by monsters (and ending up dying instead) is an unfortunate reality. Out of pity, the girl replaces Kazuki's heart with an alchemy-based artifact known as Kakugane, so that he may live on. With this strange device, Kazuki gains the power of Busou Renkin -- Arms Alchemy; a power that will come in handy when monsters (and worse) begin to plague his town! Kazuki soon meets the girl from his “dream” (named Tokiko) in reality, and she tells Kazuki to get on with his life; but with his sister and friends in danger, that might not be possible. Besides, if Kazuki gives up the chance to show off just how manly he can be, how can he hope to win the heart of the alluring older-sister-like Tokiko?!

and uhm i know only 2 but maybe some 1 else wants to recomend this ;P
    Shion no Oh
    When Shion was a young girl, her parents were brutally murdered; and the sight of their dead bodies in a pool of blood caused her to lose her voice. Years later, Shion is now a young woman who was raised by Shinji Yasuoko, a professional Shogi player, and his wife. Shion has become a Shogi player just like her adopted father, and is working her way towards becoming a female Meijin – a master of the sport. With powerful opponents and sinister strangers around every turn, and her parents’ killer still on the loose, Shion’s path to glory has never seemed more challenging!

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

I need some advice...

I've been absent to the whole anime/manga thingamajig for quite some time now. The last show i've seen was Ergo Proxy, which, by the way, is a heavily underrated show imo, and the last film i've seen were the two NGE movies, and i'm looking forward to the third.

For manga, well, i collect manga, so i only read those which are distributed in my country. I read One Piece and Battle Angel Alita: Last Order. One piece takes 1-3 Months for a book, Alita sometimes over a year or two, so yeah. Not really frequent updates.

I've lost myself in this topic, and i can't find any worthwhile shows anymore. Everything seems to be like school anime like Haruhi, k-on, lucky star or for films, the girl who leapt through time or moe stuff or shonen stuff. I'm tired watching the same settings, the same "I've got to be the strongest/bestest/fastest lawn mower in the world, so let's cause some ruckus!" stories.

I'm looking for deeper, maybe even more mature (in a non-sexual way) shows or films, with an awesome story, or just pure comedy without nosebleed-because-panty-shot-comedy...

Cn you recommend something?

Shion no Oh
    When Shion was a young girl, her parents were brutally murdered; and the sight of their dead bodies in a pool of blood caused her to lose her voice. Years later, Shion is now a young woman who was raised by Shinji Yasuoko, a professional Shogi player, and his wife. Shion has become a Shogi player just like her adopted father, and is working her way towards becoming a female Meijin – a master of the sport. With powerful opponents and sinister strangers around every turn, and her parents’ killer still on the loose, Shion’s path to glory has never seemed more challenging!

... ^^ this one is pretty interesting and has a rather mature setting with an insane twist at the end ;P give it a try i couldnt stop watching also we cant really recomend much without knowing what u have watched but u could look at most of our signatures and check the top rated animes

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Cn you recommend something?
    Psycho-Pass, Mouryou no Hako, Code Geass, Shin Sekai Yori, Monster, and maybe Texhnolyze (very slow paced like Ergo Proxy). Those are some plot heavy and pretty serious shows that I've liked a lot.

For comedies, I'd recommend Working!, Trigun, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and Azumanga Daioh.

All of those are pretty different from each other, but they mostly fit your criteria. =)

Sounds not too shabby, i'll definately check it out.

What have i seen? Okay hang on, i've seen:

Dragonball/Z/GT, Bleach (about to the point where SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS they start looking for Rukia), Elfenlied, Akira, Ergo Proxy, One Piece, Sailor Moon, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, k-on, lucky star, panty and stocking, jin roh (fantastic movie), spriggan, red line, the record of lodoss war, riding bean, agent aika, dr. slump, magical shopping arcade abenobashi, full metal panic and fumoffu, full metal alchemist, trigun, GTO, tiger & bunny (up to the middle of the series before it bored me), neon genesis evangelion, FLCL, gurren lagann, Hellsing, Accel World, princess mononoke, romeo x juliet, the ragnarok online anime, street fighter, the tekken movie, lupin the third, shin chan, ranma 1/2, Digimon, yugioh, my neighbour totoro, azumanga daioh, higurashi no naku koro ni/kai and the girl who leapt through time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Psycho-Pass, Mouryou no Hako, Code Geass, Shin Sekai Yori, Monster, and maybe Texhnolyze (very slow paced like Ergo Proxy). Those are some plot heavy and pretty serious shows that I've liked a lot.

For comedies, I'd recommend Working!, Trigun, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and Azumanga Daioh.

All of those are pretty different from each other, but they mostly fit your criteria. =)
    That's something i can work with, thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Harthmut; 2013-03-13 at 08:07 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Can you recommend something?
    I'll just list a few "serious" anime.
    Mushishi, Monster, Infinite Ryvius, Bokurano, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Haibane Renmei, Kaiji, Gankutsuou, Monster, Kino no Tabi, One Outs, Last Exile. Some of these have main characters in high school age, but none of them are set in school, and they all have a certain level of depth.

I'm not usually one for comedies, but I'll second Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Working!!. Personally I also thought Arakawa Under the Bridge was really funny, but it often gets criticized for being too random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fate/Zero is for you if you want mature themes and an awesome story. (Legends of the past come back to fight in a Holy Grail war, made by none other than Urobuchi, creator of Madoka Magica and Psycho-Pass)

Psycho-Pass is another, about a dystopian city where everything is tracked, your mental stability and even the likelyhood of you commiting a crime in the future and it defines who you are. It's a cyberpunk police thriller.

Baccano! is a great one because of how strangely awesome it is. It goes against many tropes that plague anime and follows an insanely large cast of characters in three different time periods, (1930, 31, and 32) in three different stories that intertwine with each other, dealing with things like the Elixir to Immortality and the American mafia.

Steins;Gate is another that is recommended a lot, probably second to Fate/Zero in recommendations. It's about a "mad scientist" who finds a way to send messages to the past and gets caught up in a huge conspiracy.

I'd also recommend Durarara!! by the same person who did Baccano!. Even though it partially takes place in a school setting it isn't the focus of the story. Only a few of another giant cast are in school, and it takes place in modern day Tokyo and deals with intertwining stories from all the characters as they live their lives in the city along with urban legends, gangs, and other underground happenings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    I'll just list a few "serious" anime.
    Mushishi, Monster, Infinite Ryvius, Bokurano, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Haibane Renmei, Kaiji, Gankutsuou, Monster, Kino no Tabi, One Outs, Last Exile. Some of these have main characters in high school age, but none of them are set in school, and they all have a certain level of depth.

I'm not usually one for comedies, but I'll second Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Working!!. Personally I also thought Arakawa Under the Bridge was really funny, but it often gets criticized for being too random.
    You listed Monster twice, really want him to watch that huh? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I would like Toradora! more if it wasn't so obvious how it is going to end :/

damn it... I did it again...

why did Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! had to be so.... is it some weird plot for achieving world domination by making people cry until they dehydrate KyoAni?
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I think I would like Toradora! more if it wasn't so obvious how it is going to end :/
    Most shows are predictable like that, per example Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo (one of the new airing anime). It's totally obvious the guy ends up with the main female.
    Not to mention that most of the harem shows just go like, create harem, end up with childhood friend.
    *Sigh* Long live the unoriginal plots.
    Even I could write the script for a harem >_>

15+ Year Old Account
    On another note, Canaan is actually pretty good. The first half of it was kinda meh, but the second half it gets alot better. Not the greatest thing I've watched, but better than I originally thought.

Also, this week's GJ-bu was really damn funny. Favourite episode yet.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-03-13 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    On another note, Canaan is actually pretty good. The first half of it was kinda meh, but the second half it gets alot better. Not the greatest thing I've watched, but better than I originally thought.
    It has a good story AND awesome action animation. It might not be Madoka-tier, but it is damn good piece of entertainment.