10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    ahh i just finished toradora...sucha good series kinda sad for me to admit but i think it had the most romantic kiss scene ivv seen in any anime...ahh for a 20 year old guy to admit that...

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 12:19 PM ----------

black lagoons realy good but i hate the japenese voices in it compared to the dubbed virsion..not many anime have a better english dub but this is one of the ones that do
    1。yes it is completely normal to think so. I think no one can deny the insane amount of romance and touchingness in Toradora!
    2。oh man... "Hei jeembo, ah buroto yo promu dait." I will usually say things MUST be watched subbed, but Black Lagoon HAS to be watched dubbed.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I love your avatar, which Anime is it from?
    Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kimi ni Todoke is good so far. Actually brought a tear to my eye because I can relate to the main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    Full Frontal is 3rd in my list

well anyway, found the 3rd ED of Gundam Unicorn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHDAiAi9P0
    My copy is already on pre order on rightsuf. I still can't belive his actual name is Full Frontal though LOL. I mean that's right up there with Saji Crossroads and Lockon Stratos for crazy ass names. Say who is your second favorite Char copy? For some reason i wanna guess Milyardo/Zechs from Wing though i guess Quattro might work even though he IS Char.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 06:37 PM ----------

ahh i just finished toradora...sucha good series kinda sad for me to admit but i think it had the most romantic kiss scene ivv seen in any anime...ahh for a 20 year old guy to admit that...[COLOR="red"]
    Try being 24 a male and admitting EVERY time you view the last episode of zero no tsukaima season 2 you cry. Volyme 8 of the novel had me crying muyltiple times was so damn beautiful when she tried to kill herself because she though she could meet saito again. And yes i find that beautiful sad beauty but sooo romantic and beautiful.

if it does indeed have a happy ending i might give it a go..hate endings like air and stuff

wtb sci fi category

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    so...many...pages...to..go..through argh my anime list is growing fast >.<
    *patpat*
    i've gone to just skimming most of it about 50 pages ago^^

ahh i just finished toradora...sucha good series kinda sad for me to admit but i think it had the most romantic kiss scene ivv seen in any anime...ahh for a 20 year old guy to admit that...
    ..what?! o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Oh right, it´s the one Sy recommended!
    omg you didn't know Bonta-kun?! *gasp*

hmm, makes sense actually.. sadly, the 2nd season is a lot more humorous than the first one, but you still need to see the first one to get the jokes.
    although the first one has comedy too.

also.. not to offend anyone, but what is it with adult guys thinking it makes you tough, beeing too scared of your own emotions - and how people might react to them - to show them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only real men cry

having 2 people post theirs how does that make us scared? and what made you seem to think we were trying to be tough or whateva?
    that being said its completly normal for people to worry about what others think of them to deny that is rather silly

and to the .... you gave me lol ivv only just started watching the romance part of anime seen things like clannad air angel beats and now toradora so if you do have anything you reckon is better then these throw it out there=P im looking for something new to watch anyways

I'm so glad I finally decided to finish Last Exile after all these years. I remember watching the first two episodes like 5 years ago and boggling at how people thought it was so good, but apparently it's just those first 2-3 episodes that are boring, because when I got past that I couldn't stop watching it. It's officially my favorite steampunk anime now.

and lol @ Full Frontal, I don't know why the ridiculousness of that name never occured to me

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 03:43 PM ----------

btw Sorrior, who's that in your avatar? Looks familiar but I'm pretty sure I've never seen her.

10+ Year Old Account
    having 2 people post theirs how does that make us scared? and what made you seem to think we were trying to be tough or whateva?
    that being said its completly normal for people to worry about what others think of them to deny that is rather silly
    like i said, i don't mean to offend anyone and i appologize if i did.

what made me think that was of course not that you did "admit" it, but rather the fact that you are even considering it "admiting", as if liking romance was something a 20 year old guy shouldn't do.
    and "admiting" (or often rather hiding) romantic or sad emotions is sadly something i see quite often at guys of pretty much every age, especially the ones who desperately try to act all tough and cool 24/7.
    and to the .... you gave me lol ivv only just started watching the romance part of anime seen things like clannad air angel beats and now toradora so if you do have anything you reckon is better then these throw it out there=P im looking for something new to watch anyways
    nonono, i didn't mean to say Toradora! was bad or anything, it's actually one of my (if not 'the'!) favorite romance anime =)
    and i absolutely love that one kiss scene! i've watched it like 10 times at least, again and again xD

the "what?!" was regarding your wording "kinda sad [..] to admit" that you really liked the kiss scene.

but after your reply and reading your other post again, i think i just got it all wrong, sorry^^
    i guess you actually meant it's sad that you didn't watch more romance anime yet..

on a sidenote, since you asked me if i had anything to recommend, of course i do: Kanon 2006!
    if you liked Clannad, you will love Kanon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    [/COLOR]btw Sorrior, who's that in your avatar? Looks familiar but I'm pretty sure I've never seen her.
    She's from Rosario + Vampire...

Jeej...I've watched 22 episodes of The Twelve Kingdoms, and I think the first arc is anoying, but pretty intresting. I found the second arc boring, and I don't like the black-haired kid. xD

lol yeah my wording isnt that great at the best of times, ivv been watching kanon the older virsion i think bought it from playtech...but i think i might need to re watch it online because the official subs were downright embarrising after about the 5th epesode mai was called wue and a man, the blue haired chick was calledd mecheal and some other random stuff, its gota be the 1st official sub ivv seen thats terrible..theres prolly others like this but its amazing how the anime companies can be so lazy with their final product.

is there any diff between kanon and kanon 2006? or is it just remastered etc?

Im guessing there are a lot of anime experts here so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. My favorite animes are Sword of the Stranger, Eden of the East, Sands of Destruction, and Casshern Sins. I started watching Gankutsuou :The Count of Monte Cristo (on the 5th episode but going to check out the manga tommorow and read it first then come back) and its ok. My favorite manga of all time is Tegami Bachi (havent seen the anime yet, hoping for a port that gets dubbed). Not sure if that gives you any idea on my interests. I generally like pretty mainstream anime but can not get into Naruto, full metal alchemist, or anything on cartoon network. I used to watch sailor moon and dragonball z back in the day and they were cool. Somehow sailor moon reminded me of Kampfer I was told that is good so Im gonna watch that one next when I have free time.Im really picky and don't have a single friend that likes anime. Its my dirty little secret so finding ones I enjoy is hard with no where to turn to.

If you guys have any suggestions throw them out and Ill check them out

thanks

if you liked sword of the stranger you should really like samurai champloo its got some cool music and the fight scenes are epic
    and i dont think its anything close to what you have said but maybe you would like gurran luggan its a very good anime+it has mechs some epic battle scenes music that would turn you japenese and one of the most win anime characters of all time kaname!..might have spelled his name wrong hehehe

also its more then likly your friends are on basing their view on anime as hentei..most of the people i know seem to think that way..so i enlighten them with ttgl and the likes, dont hold anime as a secret share it with your friends, well if you can some peeps just dont like anime for no reason at all hehehe
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2011-03-06 at 11:02 PM.

if you liked sword of the stranger you should really like samurai champloo its got some cool music and the fight scenes are epic
    and i dont think its anything close to what you have said but maybe you would like gurran luggan its a very good anime+it has mechs some epic battle scenes music that would turn you japenese and one of the most win anime characters of all time kaname!..might have spelled his name wrong hehehe

also its more then likly your friends are on basing their view on anime as hentei..most of the people i know seem to think that way..so i enlighten them with ttgl and the likes, dont hold anime as a secret share it with your friends, well if you can some peeps just dont like anime for no reason at all hehehe

Yeah forgot to mention Gurran Laggan. That one was cool and Im thankful that a old guilidy turned me onto that one. I just watched over half of the first episode of Samurai Champloo. Im not sure how Ill like it. I liked sword of the stranger but not necessarily for the action. I know most people think of it as a fighting anime but I liked the story and the main characters. The samurai was never arrogant and though he was likely dealing with depression or shame and that might have been the cause of it, was never worried about proving himself or wanting to kill people for sport. The interactions (or lack of interactions as they held back from showing concern for one another and stuck with the mercenary+master relationship the best they could) was what made it enjoyable and it was more of a drama for me then a fighting anime.

Im not anyone I know even know what Hentai is. But most people I know like animation like whats played on Fox or late night or I guess the majority of the time on cartoon network which I just think is really trashy art styles and the subject material is often what I find to be crude.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    I'm so glad I finally decided to finish Last Exile after all these years. I remember watching the first two episodes like 5 years ago and boggling at how people thought it was so good, but apparently it's just those first 2-3 episodes that are boring, because when I got past that I couldn't stop watching it. It's officially my favorite steampunk anime now.

and lol @ Full Frontal, I don't know why the ridiculousness of that name never occured to me

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 03:43 PM ----------

btw Sorrior, who's that in your avatar? Looks familiar but I'm pretty sure I've never seen her.
    Been hearing recently that the are making a new last exile, from what has been said it's not a remake but a continuation or extension of the story which is kinda weird as the anime actualy finished well.

any1 seen summer wars? i just saw the trailer for it and it looks really interesting, any1 know if its worth buying?

a new last exile? it would have to be a side story or something the last series didnt really leave much room for a new one to be made

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any diff between kanon and kanon 2006? or is it just remastered etc?
    yes, the remake is much, much better in pretty much everything, even if it's of course actually the same anime in it's basics.

the graphics in Kanon 2006 are some of the best you'll find in anime (at least imo), it has 24 episodes instead of 13 and therefore a lot more detail put into the story and the characters, many dialogues have been completely rewritten as far as i know and the main protagonist is much more the warmhearted but sarcastic-humorous guy like the one from Clannad, which adds some of the most hilarious scenes i know of.

okay, maybe that sounds a little exaggerated^^ yes, it's "just" a remake.
    but look at those screenshots.. those faces alone should be enough reason to watch Kanon 2006 and never think of the old one again!

Ayu in old and remake

Shiori

Amano and Yuichi

my eyes hurt just from looking at the old ones.. uguu ~_~

hmm, it's true that both have a lot of really good samurai fighting and i like them both, but i don't think they are really similar in many ways.

Sword of the Stranger is very dark, serious and slightly mystic, while Samurai Champloo is very humorous for the most part and purposely exaggerated, colorful and "modernish", both in character presentation and style.

and what "cool" music is, is sadly VERY subjective. i for one don't like rap and hip-hop too much (in general ofc, there are always exceptions).
    Last edited by Sy; 2011-03-07 at 09:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    Yeah forgot to mention Gurran Laggan.
    Agreed! This thread needs more Gurren Lagann