Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    What, why.

Manyuu Hikenchou, Eiken, and Seikon no Qwasar
    Thanks for recommending me exactly what I said I'm not interested in.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Haven't watched most of those that you mentioned (besides ghost in the shell back before I even knew what "anime" was), so my recommendation will probably be off. Closest I can think of is steins;gate
    It seems like something I could try watching to see if it's bearable

Would still like more recommendations, ofcourse.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-04-08 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Because everyone hates the first episode because of its art, besides 3 of us so far
    But it's not even good looking, it's just really poorly done rotoscoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

It seems like something I could try watching to see if it's bearable

Just give it 2 episodes minimum. Supposedly the first one can be a "turn off" for some people (I watched while airing so I had a week break till the second.)
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Thanks for recommending me exactly what I said I'm not interested in.
    He thinks he's being funny.

It would be much easier to recommend something if you told us what you have watched already(unless those that you listed previously are all you did). But, I could always recommend those popular anime such as Madoka Magica, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Steins; Gate, Fate/Zero, Akira, Hellsing Ultimate, Code Geass, Welcome to NHK

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post

if you told us what you have watched already(unless those that you listed previously are all you did).

I did... Those were examples of what I really liked. If you haven't seen them I really think you should.

Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Hellsing, Code Geass and Welcome to the NHK are all animé that fall into the categories I don't like. All of them are aimed towards teenage boys. And yes I know Hellsing is violent and dark.
    Never really got into NGE.

Akira, amazing movie, seen it several times.

I'd like something clever, with characters that aren't extremely predictable, shallow and horrendously cliché like in most Shounen animé.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like something clever, with characters that aren't extremely predictable, shallow and horrendously cliché like in most Shounen animé.
    Asking for something like this is just pointless. Everyone has different tastes, so asking for something that is "clever" or "not shallow" is going to bring a variety of different things, most of which you probably won't like. While one person might like something like Steins;Gate because they think it's suspenseful and unique, chances are, there is someone out there who thinks it is extremely predictable and horrendously cliche.

I did... Those were examples of what I really liked. If you haven't seen them I really think you should.

Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Hellsing, Code Geass and Welcome to the NHK are all animé that fall into the categories I don't like. All of them are aimed towards teenage boys. And yes I know Hellsing is violent and dark.

Kino no Tabi. Very similar to Mushishi.

Deleted
    You could try Psycho-Pass, it's pretty similar to Ghost in the Shell.

I'm interested in finding some mature anime. Not in the manner that it's gore and sex, but I want something more grown-up.
    You sound like the type that would adore Death Note.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    You sound like the type that would adore Death Note.
    Yeah, it's the best anime ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Digg is always hilarious.

Fate/Zero, Madoka, Code Geass, and NHK are probably four of the top anime that are the exact opposite of "cliché shounen". The demographic, at least for Madoka, Fate/Zero, and NHK are not aimed towards teenage boys at all. Many of them have far more mature themes than most anime out there.

You couldn't find four shows more opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yeah, it's the best anime ever.
    Obviously.

Death Note 11/10.

I can't even rate it 11/10 on MAL.

oh wait i dropped it it was so bad
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-04-08 at 03:40 AM.

Deleted

If those aren't mature enough for you (save for hellsing ultimate) then you either haven't seen them, didn't get them, or you have an incredibly pretentious taste in anime. Steins; gate isn't more mature than those, so you shouldn't bother. I guess I can't help you there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Obviously.

Death Note 11/10.

Yay, it seems I'm not the only one who dropped Death Note.

Obviously.

Death Note 11/10.

Only good modern anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    If those aren't mature enough for you (save for hellsing ultimate) then you either haven't seen them, didn't get them, or you have an incredibly pretentious taste in anime. Steins; gate isn't more mature than those, so you shouldn't bother. I guess I can't help you there.
    Pretty much.

I'd put Steins;Gate in less mature more shounen than any of the others, and Steins;Gate doesn't even fall into the category.

If you want shounen go watch naruto, one piece, bleach, sword art online, death note, gits, or any other crappy shows like those.

I didn't capitalize them for a reason, they all suck that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want shounen go watch naruto, one piece, bleach, sword art online, death note, gits, or any other crappy shows like those.

I didn't capitalize them for a reason, they all suck that much.
    Wait Death Note is considered shounen? Wow my life is now ruined.

Some pre-order sales info.

The chart is read like this: Current Rank, Rank One Hour Ago, and Speculated amount of preorders. IE:

**,9位/,9位 ★ (***,510 pt) Shingeki no Kyojin [Blu-ray]

Shingeki no Kyojin is ranked #9, Was ranked #9 an hour ago, and has 510 points.

Generally, more points=more sales, but the shows with higher ranks are more likely to pick up points as time goes on.

***,**9位/***,**9位 ★ (***,510 pt) Shingeki no Kyojin [Blu-ray]
    ***,*16位/***,*16位 ★ (**1,481 pt) Ore no Imouto 2 [Blu-ray]
    ***,*30位/***,*33位 ◎ (***,433 pt) Suisei no Gargantia Blu-ray BOX 1
    ***,*33位/***,*29位 ○ (***,234 pt) Shingeki no Kyojin 1 [DVD]
    ***,*64位/***,*59位 ★ (***,*45 pt) Aku no Hana 1 [Blu-ray]
    ***,*90位/***,100位 ★ (***,364 pt) DEVIL SURVIVOR2 the ANIMATION [Blu-ray]
    ***,102位/***,*95位 ★ (***,740 pt) Yondemasu Azazel-san Z [Blu-ray]
    ***,153位/***,142位 ★ (**1,194 pt) Date A Live [Blu-ray]
    ***,247位/***,251位 ★ (***,437 pt) Karneval [Blu-ray]
    ***,316位/***,367位 ★ (***,218 pt) Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Brides [Blu-ray]
    ***,415位/***,426位 ★ (***,108 pt) Hataraku Maou-sama! [Blu-ray]
    ***,486位/***,461位 ★ (---,--- pt) Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san [Blu-ray]
    ***,905位/***,879位 ★ (***,492 pt) Red Data Girl [Blu-ray]
    **1,069位/**1,059位 ★ (***,*77 pt) Photo Kano 1 [Blu-ray]
    **1,083位/**1,066位 ★ (***,*86 pt) Majestic Prince [Blu-ray]
    **1,573位/**1,512位 ★ (***,*25 pt) Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge [Blu-ray]

dont really like how the personality of Tohka on Date of Live. Feels waaay to forced and childish for a serious looking person. Would have loved a serious Tohka only. Oh well i guess its good enough

Gargantia was a lot of fun. I liked the second half much better than the first, I have such a hard time watching the action when there's so much talking about formations and weapons and other complicated terminology. Really looking forward to where it goes from now, though.

Shingeki no Kyojin was also great aside from MC voice, which I hope I can get used to. He's a bit better in this one, at least.

I disagree with the way you're categorizing those shows. Aside from maybe Madoka they have a very wide appeal amongst anime fans, and definitely aren't shounen.

But ignoring that, Spice and Wolf fits your requirements quite well if you haven't seen it yet. A little slow, but it's one of my favorites. Haibane Renmei is also fantastic, albeit a bit slow. Shin Sekai Yori is another one if you want something a bit darker, but has an excellent story and premise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    I have such a hard time watching the action when there's so much talking about formations and weapons and other complicated terminology.
    I agree the first half was a bit confusing and the action is a bit hard to follow especially when it is the first scene.

Karneval- This anime confused me but I am sure ill keep watching just to find out whats going on. I really hope this anime had back story galore!