Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What kind of raid do you want to see?

Just an in general question, what kind of raid would you like to have maybe not in cataclysm, but in a different expansion or even in cata. Basically what kind of raid do you wish blizzard would implement (meaning where and what kind of bosses), it doesnt have to relate to lore we know now, could feature bosses/characters we havent met yet, it doesn't even need to be a place we know about as of right now.

Like for me one raid i'd like to see is an ancient titan city on another planet, it would have 14 bosses, Olymapius (Basically a spin off name of Olympus). You'd go through the giant city fighting different mini-bosses (there would be lots of them, 6-12 of them and 4 of them drop a piece of loot and they share a loot table, these bosses would be monsters or important figures besides the greek gods or titans you see in greek mythology), the first 10 bosses would be the Olympians in greek mythology (with similar names to them and some differences) exlcuding, zeus, and posiedan, its non-linear how you fight them. Then you have access to the throne room where there would be a sky entrance, an underworld entrance, and a ocean entrance, its non linear which one you go to first or second or third is up to you. The underworld you fight a boss resembling hades, the sky boss you fight a boss resembling zeus, and the ocean boss you fight a boss resembling posiedan. After you finally kill all of them you are teleported to the throne room and see a cinematic of a gigantic powerful titan called kronius the time champion of sargeras arise from a pit in the underworld part and enter the throne room you then kill him as the final boss. On heroic mode you'd also see Sargeras make an appearence but you dont actually fight him.

What kind of raid do you want to see (any kind)

Ulduar V2.0 dipped in lore and sprinkled with epic boss fights. Hold the vehicle combat, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Lore based raid not some random one like TOC.
    Holy shit lets go kill off some noble challengers and then the ones that survive can fight the LK

I wanna see a raid that uses only one boss a few times in one raid. nothing insane, maybe like 3times
    Explanation: like in RPGs when they have one boss that you fight in a few parts like with Reno in FF7.

So have a boss we fight a few times in a raid, but you'd have to make sure the fights would be interesting. My view would be to make the first fight fairly difficult, almost out of place in its tier of difficulty of the raid so you'll be curious to fight the boss again once you see them. Of course, if you fought the boss again you'll react with disgust and annoyance (i can hear it "GG blizz no originality") but you'd have to make the second fight with that same boss visually outrageous or just distracting to watch while the character intros the second fight with them and retain that visual insanity through the fight.

Then in the third fight with that same boss you'd allow the annoyance, but make the fight itself just simply intimidating like a hit that is greater than the other fights, unexpectedly. Then in each of these fight there would have to have different weapons or armor placed in the intro. Hell, in the third fight you can go ahead and make the guy seem pathetic in his dialogue, but you gotta make him hit insanely hard.
    If they are gonna reuse bosses also, might as well get it out of their system straight away in one raid/instance. Of course keep the lore logical in the framework of the damn story of world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by greydog View Post
    I wanna see a raid that uses only one boss a few times in one raid. nothing insane, maybe like 3times
    Explanation: like in RPGs when they have one boss that you fight in a few parts like with Reno in FF7.

So have a boss we fight a few times in a raid, but you'd have to make sure the fights would be interesting. My view would be to make the first fight fairly difficult, almost out of place in its tier of difficulty of the raid so you'll be curious to fight the boss again once you see them. Of course, if you fought the boss again you'll react with disgust and annoyance (i can hear it "GG blizz no originality") but you'd have to make the second fight with that same boss visually outrageous or just distracting to watch while the character intros the second fight with them and retain that visual insanity through the fight.

Then in the third fight with that same boss you'd allow the annoyance, but make the fight itself just simply intimidating like a hit that is greater than the other fights, unexpectedly. Then in each of these fight there would have to have different weapons or armor placed in the intro. Hell, in the third fight you can go ahead and make the guy seem pathetic in his dialogue, but you gotta make him hit insanely hard.
    If they are gonna reuse bosses also, might as well get it out of their system straight away in one raid/instance. Of course keep the lore logical in the framework of the damn story of world of warcraft.
    Maybe enhance that make a team rocket of wow that appear in alot of raids, dungeons, quests, etc. They basically try to take the glory of the kill for themselves, so like say you after you kill Kolgarn and then the wow team rocket appears and is like not so fast, thanks for clearing the way for us, but leave the rest of this place to us! You then fight them, which they will be enhanced with a new fighting mechanic each raid and when you defeat them you see a bunch of knocked out races (they'd be playable races), they would also have a knocked out effect which would show little birds circling around their head, it would be humorous, and after a while players would really hate them, or they would feel like a rival gang. Also maybe you would start to see them near the beginning of questing for that expansion.

i like to havea lore raid kinda like ulduar

10+ Year Old Account
    love to see some old raids updated like naxx was but that would probably lead to another naxx like raid :/

10+ Year Old Account
    vehicle raid like FL in ulduar

Boss fight Sargeras Please!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for another raid based around an Old God, or a 'haunted house' type like Karazhan... maybe a combination of the two? =D

A raid where we fly on mounts and are able to cast/attack the boss while chasing him down before he gets to a city and roflpwns it.

Also interactive environment where we can blow chunks of mountain up to slow him down/pin him momentarily but say have achieves to do it without slowing his progress

10+ Year Old Account
    need more toll raids... ZG ZA ...im kinda sad there was no gun'drak raid. i mean there was a big temple like thing we could have ran in n killed more trolls. an expansion with no troll raid was kind of a let down

Upside down Karazan, all I ask.
    Bosses, shade of sargeras, Medivs half soul.
    Last boss, Medivh, see if you are worthy of the secrets this tower holds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing I liked about Guild Wars (now bear with me here) was this raid where you couldn't just enter and start killing things, you had to wait for a group from the opposite faction started as well. Each group would start at a different area and kill what is needed to kill and eventually a giant courtyard appears and each group meets in the center and is swarmed by mobs. Basically, horde and alliance would fight side by side, no treaty, just a silent truce to fight the greater power. Scourge maybe? After that they would maybe take down one giant boss or a two boss encounter like twins or something. After that they would part ways.

This could be done with same faction too i guess. Two forces lead by different leaders or something.

Main problems with this is that it would probably only work on high population servers (unless you could que up and it would be cross battlegroup)

Idk, i like giant epic fights. Chaotic even.
    --No Beta Club--
    Books let you imagine the impossible.
    Movies let you see the impossible.
    Video Games let you do the impossible

Quote Originally Posted by jellynut View Post
    need more toll raids... ZG ZA ...im kinda sad there was no gun'drak raid. i mean there was a big temple like thing we could have ran in n killed more trolls. an expansion with no troll raid was kind of a let down
    Yes it was a let down

15+ Year Old Account
    My Ideal Raid would Be an Updated form of Karazhan, Bosses in the same places with a few new locations. After killing Malechezzar you would then be stunned by Medivh himself and ported to an Arena on another Planet where Sargeras plays the role that Tirion did in Trial of the Crusader.
    Another cool Raid would take place on the Planet of Jalapeno(NNF.) It would feature 2 tiers and 3 wings. with 3 bosses on each wing. *for those of you who's math is going bad, that's 3 bosses per wing times 3 wings, 9, times 2 tiers, 18 bosses in total.)
    It would involve the Return of Medivh himself. You would meet Medivh at the gate to Karazhan, where he would port you to the Planet of Jalapeno(NNF,) You are to be met by Jaina Proudmoore, Malfurion Stormrage, and Medivh. Your first goal is to kill the Avatar of Deathwing, then the Avatar of the Lich King, The ressurected Illidan Stormrage, followed by the Avatar of Hakkar. At this point Sargeras himself stuns the entire raid and does a short RP about how they will never be able to defeat the most powerful titan of all time. Medivh then quests you to talk to the Titan Norgannon. He directs you to Kill the 3 Avatars of Sargeras. From there a couple more Filler bosses *Like razorscale and ignus, not required just there.* You are then Directed by Norgannon and Elune herself to lead an assault on Sargeras' Castle. This would be a Vehicular Combat fight, with 1 Siege Tank, 3 Demolishers, and a new Ground Assault Vehicle called the "Spearhead." The Spearhead would be a massive Harpoon Launcher. The Spearhead would require 6 Players to make it move and fire. After You assault the base you would find yourself Face to Face with Sargeras' new top Commander, The Near-Titan Eredar known as Onastick(NNF,) He would be considered the "Door Boss." After Onastick(NNF) is defeated a set of Dwarven Vendors rushes in and offers reagents, repairs, and food. The next series of events is a Massive Gauntlet of Dragons coming in waves of 5 at a time 10 waves total. After the Gauntlet is over, The next Door Boss Jose(NNF) enters the area and tells you that Sargeras will not easily be defeated *This would serve as a Gearcheck, DPS check similiar to Patchwerk.* When he is defeated the Doors to Sargeras' Insanely Massive Throne Room open. A battle With Sargeras at that point.

Made by Ariyana!

I'd like to see a raid with two entrances on the borders of the instance and the trash mobs and bosses towards the center... horde and alliance enter from opposing sides and try to kill as many mobs as possible before the other faction. what you kill is what drops you receive, and there can be complications such as ways to distract the other side from killing the mobs and taking the loot/finishing the instance before you. because anything alliance kills, is that much less for horde to kill and vice versa.

There are ways to distract the other faction from being successful (perhaps cannons you can shoot to a location with the opposing faction, on two minute shooting CD) but only to an extent, as enemies get a timed buff that increases their strength the longer they live (so you can't just harass the other faction for 2 hours).

periodically mobs spawn or start patrolling randomly, engaging a party in combat, focing them to actually progress through the instance, as the longer the players are in the instance the stronger the mobs get or greater chance for conflicts, greater risk... this compels the party to try and finish the instance as quickly as possible.

this is what I thought ICC gunship was going to be, you compete with players to see who gets the run the instance or gets the loot, but as I understand, gunship was only npc classes and not actual player classes (never ran ICC because I've been on break and won't be playing till next week so I'm still unsure of how the gunship works)

this idea for a raid would be more like a gauntlet that you try to complete as soon as possible to guarantee yourself the most loot, and the losing faction still gets a consolation prize, though winning has better rewards. so maybe 13 item levels lower for the losing faction....but both sides still get emblems, badges and points from when bosses die.

oh, and fighting players in this instance or raid doesn't benefit from pvp gear or resilience.... since its PvE content, you won't be switching gear or losing to people in PvP gear. the objective is fighting the PvE bosses, you're just trying to compete with the other faction who is also running the instance.

the only issue I can think of off hand is there may be a queue while players wait for both faction party's to be ready
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-11-18 at 06:18 AM.

More Caverns of Time: WoW-level WC1/2/3 raids, or other awesome lore that has yet to be delved into.

I'd really like to see a Horde-based CoT dungeon or raid. Getting transformed into a silly human is lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be a raid where one random member of the raid gets Mind Controlled and has their stats converted to boss levels. However, the person who gets mind controlled would still be given access to the control over their toon. Now I know many of you are saying that the person who is mind controlled would just be able to stand there and get tank and spanked. A way to counteract this would be to make it so if the MC'ed person doesn't use their own abilities, the figure doing the MCing would then cause the MC'ed person to do other abilities that hit for harder and be more deadly. This would force a person into unwillingly attempting to kill their own raid, otherwise it would basically be a wiped for a lack of action.