Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    been doing runs with 4 people at 80 and we just pop bloodlust at phase 4. we never get to see a single MC. So if someone bothers to calculate how much dps you will need to 2 man it at 85, go ahead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Kael cannot be 2-manned (as far as I know) due to the 2-person Mind Control. It will instantly restart the fight because he'll Mind Control both of you.

But yeah, he's been 3+ mannable for a while (I did it with 5 in 3.3.0). It's the solo kill that people were waiting for.
    Where do you get this info from? Sure, he MCs 2 people, but he also does not normally MC the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve! This might actually encourage me to level my deathknight! Also, the music was good, glad to finally see a wow video that doesn't have some garbage metal stuff in it.

lol raegwyn the best but i got you kicked out of TLJ haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

amazing. really good job and crazy how much time you spent there

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting a lvl 80 kill, lame.

Registered to post here.
    Amazing work raegwyn! Great job on the strat and execution!!

i was wondering about the idea of two manning this. By all accounts it is impossible because of the MC mechanic (and that is understandable). My question is if you bring two classes with MC'able pets, or cooldowns that can be MC'd, if this could be considered a workaround. I'm not familiar enough with the fight but it seems like you would have an ok chance that ONE character would not be chosen as an MC target and then a mechanic could then be used to 'break' the MC's. Or even dps him down depending on the luck of who/what was MC'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Yet he figured out the positioning, the timing, the proper use of CDs, etc, etc.
    Yep, that's called tactics and strategy. Nothing non-skill about that. I do vaguely remember the blues mentioning that they try to plan for running to safe spots, timing, etc. when designing a dungeon.
    Last edited by ImNot1337; 2010-11-20 at 08:49 PM.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Absolutely amazing video

Very cool...and OP. Don't forget it will only become easier as the tiers progress as I'm sure you are well aware. Grats on another awesome solo and having the patience to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    been doing runs with 4 people at 80 and we just pop bloodlust at phase 4. we never get to see a single MC. So if someone bothers to calculate how much dps you will need to 2 man it at 85, go ahead
    True, but it is random how much time it takes to cast. He can use it as soon as 30 seconds after entering the phase, maybe faster.

I editted my post to take this into account though!
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Why do ppl even care if its soloed on the BETA sever, come back when u do it on live... also whats up with all the beta pvp movies, i just dont get it.

Its stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    As the title says i managed to solo The Kael´thas Sunstrider Encounter in Tempest Keep on my 85 DK on Beta.
    This shows that the mount will be farmable in Cataclysm (but still quite hard with a lot of trouble)
    I wiped ~ 5 hours on this boss
    It isnt necessary to kite the encounter out of the room but without it you will need a lot of crit and resist luck to kill the adds of p3 and not getting CCd the whole time.
    Enough said, see yourself and
    Enjoy watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atATvXfxwPU

-Raegwyn

PS: Note that this is Beta and many things can change before release

What Unit Frames are those? Looks like Xperl/Pitbull but too clean/standard to be those...unless they are super customized...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallozar View Post
    What Unit Frames are those? Looks like Xperl/Pitbull but too clean/standard to be those...unless they are super customized...
    On the video comments, he said "perl unitframes"

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...it-frames.aspx
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    On the video comments, he said "perl unitframes"

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...it-frames.aspx
    thank u

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Or Blizzard will see this and fix the encounter so it cannot ever be soloed.

Tho they didnt fix Sarth ... but he doesnt drop a mount in normal and you will never solo sarth 3D
    Why would they "fix" it so you can't solo something two xpacs old? and who are you to call it a "fix"? It's not broken. Working as intended

i dont think the encounter will be "fixed"

but its nice to hear i will farm kael in cata

btw someone said the horseman mount only have 0.25% droppchance~ the phoenix got a slightly higher droppchance than the other "raid"mounts so happy farming xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Thank you for inspiring me to make my DK my main tank in Cata.
    and also
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGILOVEYOURaegwyn
    May i have your babies please?
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now I may recall it wrong but doesn´t the doors close when you start it so how on earth do you kite outside the room... and besides that blizzard would most likely add something to it.

Besides that even if it becomes possible to solo then you can solo for zg mounts for a long time as well, and the mount isn´t 100% drop so I´d doubt they removed it over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    /salute
    there is nothing more to be said tbh, and with DK's being able to weild warglaives in cataclysm, I hope to god you can solo BT for them, as you really deserve them :>
    and you're modest too, if any other DK would've done this there would be a billion threads on mmo-champ like 'DK SOLO KT WORLD FIRST!?!?!' -.-
    gz to you, and i'll be looking forward to what you try to solo next.
    We will be able to wield warlgaive where was that? I missed it o.O