Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any word on Race changes yet?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about buying a race change now, then being able to race change to goblin/worgen as soon as cata hits live? (aka save it untill cata)

I asked a GM in game but he didn't really make any sence and well i think he thought i ment now because he said i have to wait untill cata to race change to worgen etc.

I only ask this because i gather that theres going to be long ass wait ques and trouble with the account management or something else that blizzard once again unforsees (spelling?)

Deleted
    When cata hits live, you can race change to goblin/worgen, but you won't get the realm first! achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    When cata hits live, you can race change to goblin/worgen, but you won't get the realm first! achievements.
    Didn't they remove the race ones? not that im bothered about realm first but you can still get realm first class, not that im bothered about that either, but you didnt exactly answer my question.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the announcement page where they said you can race change immediately, people said they had saved it for awhile and weren't able to use it. Personally I was just gonna wait till a few hours before cata to try it. Hopefully they don't get a server overload or something.

Deleted
    im not 100% sure but i think i read something on the front page a week ago, that they will indeed allow the race change right on december 7.
    Just check back on the front page for older posts

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    On the announcement page where they said you can race change immediately, people said they had saved it for awhile and weren't able to use it. Personally I was just gonna wait till a few hours before cata to try it. Hopefully they don't get a server overload or something.
    Thats what im worried about that the whole thing gets messed up due to, to much traffic on the site or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harléquin View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about buying a race change now, then being able to race change to goblin/worgen as soon as cata hits live? (aka save it untill cata)
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    you didnt exactly answer my question.
    ? sorta did

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats what im worried about that the whole thing gets messed up due to, to much traffic on the site or something
    I wanted to buy one the other day but after reading those comments I decided against it because if I lose this 25 dollars I won't be able to get it till I get paid again.

I asked a GM in game but he didn't really make any sence and well i think he thought i ment now because he said i have to wait untill cata to race change to worgen etc.

I only ask this because i gather that theres going to be long ass wait ques and trouble with the account management or something else that blizzard once again unforsees (spelling?)
    Although i don't have a link to the source, there was a bluepost on the US forums saying that if you purchase the Character Transfer now but don't "click" the Transfer button on your character screen until Cataclysm is released then you will able to change to Worgen/Goblin.

If however you do click on the Transfer button on the character screen before Cataclysm, it will "save" as a pre-cata Transfer.

Something along those lines.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would do it three days before Cataclysm, since they say it can take three days. If it is available sooner, just don't click the button on that character. Personally, I'm in no real hurry - unless I decide to actually mine ore for the first few hours to try to make some gold; then I will want to be flying around as a Worgen on a blue proto-drake farming nodes. XD
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    Although i don't have a link to the source, there was a bluepost on the US forums saying that if you purchase the Character Transfer now but don't "click" the Transfer button on your character screen until Cataclysm is released then you will able to change to Worgen/Goblin.

If however you do click on the Transfer button on the character screen before Cataclysm, it will "save" as a pre-cata Transfer.

Something along those lines.
    Any idea how old the post was, will have to go read up on it and make sure i go no where near my druid untill cata

Any idea how old the post was, will have to go read up on it and make sure i go no where near my druid untill cata
    About 1-2 weeks ago i believe.

I'm fairely sure it was even on front page MMOC (either that, or i saw it pop-up on latest blue posts module)!

Deleted
    They didnt announce anything new about it, but if you buy it and it doesnt work, you still can stop the change and start a new one right after and then it has to work.

To all teh others that dotn understand his question:
    - everybody knows that the race change will be avaivalbe at the 7th.
    - his question was, if he buys it now and w8 till the 7th with the change, if he will be also able to change to goblin/worgen
    - there are no achievements for first race with lvl 85, only classes.

And there was a blue post that said that he isnt shure and he will ask if someone knows and then write back.

You can race change to goblin/worgen once cata hits live. You can buy race change now and use it when cata hits.

There are no realm first race achievements whatsoever, only class firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by w00faz View Post
    You can race change to goblin/worgen once cata hits live. You can buy race change now and use it when cata hits.

There are no realm first race achievements whatsoever, only class firsts.
    You are right, there is a blue post about it, only have to find where it was. But yes, you can buy it now and use it on Dec 7 to change to worgen or goblin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm seriously considering doing this. Gotta actually buy Cata still, too. Might do em both at once. XD
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I'm seriously considering doing this. Gotta actually buy Cata still, too. Might do em both at once. XD
    Same here but untill i can find that blasted blue post im still not sure

Didn't they remove the race ones?
    Yes, the only realm firsts now are class lvl 85s and not race.

Deleted
    It's been confirmed you can race change to worgen and goblin on release night, no point doubting people :P you can also recruit a friend them too

And yeah, they're removing race first achievements

You can probably scroll back a few pages on MMO champ to find the post about it

If you guys are so worried about it why not wait 1 week after cata releases to change?

is that too smart of a answer?