Poll: Ladygaga Yes/No

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Ahh... my mind must be getting affected by the country music you are torturing me with. BTW, like the Christmas version of your avatar.
    Are you sure it's the Christmas part you're looking at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    *applause

Good job at missing the point.
    Oh don't worry I get your point, and it's the same exact point I've heard a hundred times. The points that I was making are that both your evidence is not 100% correct and that using old bands as a reference point is no new argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Oh don't worry I get your point, and it's the same exact point I've heard a hundred times. The points that I was making are that both your evidence is not 100% correct and that using old bands as a reference point is no new argument.
    Well to be honest, the martian (or being from the space between spaces or whatever) does have a point.

And as for me, every person I know who has at least a mild interest in lady gaga only listens to bad romance and pokerface.

And yes, old arguments are still valid arguments. So denouncing an argument based on observed trends and inferences solely because its an argument you've seen before would be considered by most people as somewhat senile and provides nothing to prove anyone's point.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

We doing a roll call for little monsters?

She's my guilty pleasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinopedia View Post
    She's my guilty pleasure.
    Are you one of those people who roll their windows up so other people won't know you listen to Lady GaGa? Keep those windows down! Let everyone know! Be proud that you get pleasure from listening to GaGa!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't heard the acoustic stuff before. That's pretty good.

The only thing I dislike about Lady GaGa is that tickets to her concert were too expensive to fit into my concert budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Are you one of those people who roll their windows up so other people won't know you listen to Lady GaGa? Keep those windows down! Let everyone know! Be proud that you get pleasure from listening to GaGa!!
    Amen to that brother.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    I hadn't heard the acoustic stuff before. That's pretty good.

The only thing I dislike about Lady GaGa is that tickets to her concert were too expensive to fit into my concert budget.
    Yeah I hear ya. Last summer I was ready to drop 400 bucks for two center court, 2nd row tickets for her concert in Portland... but there were some problems with the parents of the girl I was gonna take... and none of my friends who like GaGa on a casual and relatively minor level were willing to cough up $200 for a ticket... so... yeah.... sad face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post

Yeah I hear ya. Last summer I was ready to drop 400 bucks for two center court, 2nd row tickets for her concert in Portland... but there were some problems with the parents of the girl I was gonna take... and none of my friends who like GaGa on a casual and relatively minor level were willing to cough up $200 for a ticket... so... yeah.... sad face.
    Even the cheap seats for that concert were like $150. I wanted to go just cause I heard how crazy her sets were, but whoa.

That's like 5-10 other concerts for just the one, even if it is epic. I think I only paid $90 to see U2 in Eugene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

sorry but when Eric Cartman can sing poker face better than LG, i'd have to say no.
    i don't hate her, i just don't like her music.
    on a side note, i do find it interesting to see what she wears each time in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    It's been over 40 years, and people still listen to the Beatles.

It's been a year and a half, and no one listens to "just dance."
    She'll probably wear a unitard made of cat heads to the mtv music awards.

*a voice in the background quietly says "dats not funny."
    damn straight that's not funny, how could you compare her to the Beetles!
    ow wait....
    Last edited by xeroxide; 2010-12-07 at 01:06 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I don't listen to Lady Gaga. I listen to Indie music, mostly.
    But one day I was watching her on TV with some friends to try and spot her penis, which I now know is non-existent. Or so I'm told.
    Anyway, I was actually pleasantly surprised over how well she could sing. While she was trotting around the stage with a bunch of half-naked men, her voice was pretty spot on. But you don't get famous by being talented anymore. It's all about pecker accusations and catchy tunes done on your computer nowadays. If only she would sing some good ol' Indie rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    May 23 and the wait is over little monsters; her new album has a release date! On a related note, her single will be released February 13.

As I said in the original "Lady GaGa" thread, my only hope is that she sticks to what made her so awesome. After listening to a clip of her single during the VMAs, I became a little afraid that she will forget what made her so popular in the first place. Speechless is a good song and all, and I would be perfectly happy if her single just turns out to be the next "Speechless" or Brown Eyes", but I want an album of Poker Faces, Monsters, and Bad Romances.

Deleted
    Gotta vote yes.

I feel like she has talent but she doesn't really...use it. Like that video that was posted earlier in this thread. That was pretty damn good.

Everything else about her? Everything that is wrong with music today.

Deleted
    I like her, I may not be the biggest fan though. There was this performance in the MTV VMA where she ended up covered in blood, that's when I thought "hey, she is good!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopard View Post
    I like her, I may not be the biggest fan though. There was this performance in the MTV VMA where she ended up covered in blood, that's when I thought "hey, she is good!"

I liked her a lot before I saw this, but when I did, I fell in love. It's just beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account

Lady Gaga??? Huh...

I see a ton of folks around here showing their love of this chick, but I have no sense of pop culture and no idea what the obsession is. Could somebody please enlighten me as to why she is so special? The only thing that I know is that she does that song that Cartman sings.

I admit that I am not a fan of pop music at all, but I can appreciate talent in any genre. Is her music just that awesome or does she have some other avenue for fame? Is this just some fad? Was she also a mousketeer?

Moved to the appropriate section!

she just has catchy pop songs. i think there's a sense of mystique because she wears outrageous costumes/outfits and usually hides her face/eyes in some sort of manner.

example: one time she went to an award show of some sort in a dress made out of raw meat.

i think it's just a fad. like a female pop star version of marilyn manson

Avenue for fame - Wears barely any cloths and is widely rumored to be a man / have a weener. I dont actually know, I don't really know anything about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.