Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    i wish i had the nerfs for water, but im just to scared that the system will leak and fry all the hardware (way to much moey in my system to loose it )
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    i wish i had the nerfs for water, but im just to scared that the system will leak and fry all the hardware (way to much moey in my system to loose it )
    thats why u do water leak tests

Deleted
    TBH SOME OF THE IMAGES posted of systems are way overkill for gaming i mean someone had a 1200w power supply with 2 graphics cards. your whole pc wont use 1200w of power wat a waste of money yeah dnt get me wrong your builds look awesome but i think some of them are overkill just for gaming i mean look at my pc speccs i psoted earlier a budet gaming pc no fancy water cooling etc,

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonx View Post
    TBH SOME OF THE IMAGES posted of systems are way overkill for gaming i mean someone had a 1200w power supply with 2 graphics cards. your whole pc wont use 1200w of power wat a waste of money yeah dnt get me wrong your builds look awesome but i think some of them are overkill just for gaming i mean look at my pc speccs i psoted earlier a budet gaming pc no fancy water cooling etc,
    ever heard of braging rights?
    when you love pc hardware as we do, then you want the top of the pop, for when you go to net-party`s...... thats why most of os build these systems and to show of with big bencmark scores.

i don`t think ANY of the big systems in this post are made for wow.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myxil View Post
    thats why u do water leak tests
    think i will wait untill i get my 2600k and maximus 4 extreme. then i will proberly go full water
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    i dnt goto partys or nothing so i dnt need a top notch pc

10+ Year Old Account
    ever heard of braging rights?
    Now hang on there...as overkill as these systems seem, there is stuff out there that is far more demanding than gaming. High-definition rendering, folding, movie-making etc can sometimes require some pretty extreme builds. Sure, part of the reason can be bragging rights but there are people out there who can genuinely make full use of such monstrous machines
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    well maybe they do but there posting there builds on a warcraft related site so they play wow and are gamers most people make movies in fraps or something anyways

i got a 1500w power supply with 4 graphic cards.
    And as u said u have a "budget" gaming pc. So whats your point ?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thumbnails amg

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Extreme III.
    Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.67 GHz.
    Heatsink: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme.
    Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000W.
    Graphic card: Gigabyte GTX 480.
    RAM: Corsair 6GB 1600 (3x2) Dominator.
    Hard Disc: Samsung HD502HI ATA.
    Case: Gigabyte Sumo 5115.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror.
    Mouse: Razer Death Adder.
    Headset: Razer Carcharias.
    Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Edition.
    Monitor: LG TV 40''

Thinking about changing the case, and get myself a Cooler Master HAF 932, instead. Not sure if it's really worth it or not, though.
    Last edited by Static; 2011-01-15 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myxil View Post
    i got a 1500w power supply with 4 graphic cards.
    And as u said u have a "budget" gaming pc. So whats your point ?
    Agreed, Mine uses two PSU since I can't easily add a 20A breaker to this apartment. So I have to split the load between circuits.

Motherboard: Asus Rampage III GENE
    CPU: i7 930@4.2GHz (21x200MHz)
    Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler with 120mm Akasa Apache Fan
    GPU: GTX 470 1280MB @Core 700 MHz / RAM 1848 MHz (Soon to be 732MHz when get to burn test).
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
    HDD: 2x Samsung spinpoint F3 500GB in Raid0
    Soundcard: Onboard Creative SupremeFX X-Fi 2
    Monitor: 22" Samsung SyncMaster 223BW
    Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6
    Mouse: Razer Habu
    Case: Thermaltake Element S
    RAM: 3x Corsair XMS3 2GB DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24

Case:

Internals:

At a later date I'm going to add another GTX 470 which may or may not require upgrading my PSU (Thermaltake website calculator http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/Power Recommends 726W and pop-up recommends 676W, will email them to confirm what is correct) and an Asus 3D monitor http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/...-3D-Vision.jpg. Should see me through a few years then before I need to upgrade.
    Last edited by Templar; 2011-01-15 at 01:00 PM.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    At a later date I'm going to add another GTX 470 which may or may not require upgrading my PSU and an Asus 3D monitor http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/...-3D-Vision.jpg. Should see me through a few years then before I need to upgrade.
    I'd say you'd end up at 710~watts with SLI'd 470. I read that somewhere, but that was an estimation, not taking any specific system into regard. It would in any regard still be very punishing on your PSU.

As for the 3D, if you have the money to blow; why not? But in my book, it's just something the manfacturers are trying to push us, that we don't really want. I honestly don't see the point. Not to mention the obscene overpricing :'P

Yea. But yours is a budget. That's the difference.
    And so what, overkill? Why settle? Why not try to get a PC that's "likely" to last a few generations?
    I really don't understand your attitude :| It's possible I just don't understand what you're trying to say. It sounds like jaundice/envy. (there's no good translation from the Swedish word "Missunnsamhet" availible)
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-01-15 at 01:04 PM.

not as sexy as some of the systems in here but works fine for me

- Case: Xigmatek Midgard Midi Tower - Black
    - Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W
    - CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.93GHz overclocked to 4.00GHz
    - Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-USB3 Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard
    - Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler
    - RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    - Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
    - Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 460 HAWK "Super OC" 1024MB GDDR5
    - Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
    - Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

its basically the cataclysm hellscream limited edition system from overclockers.co.uk

This is a new PC i just built, Notihng amazing as some peoples but it plays my games and im happy so... :P I wont make an Enthusiast setup till i accturly get working as a plumber and take £4000 home in a day for fixing tescos leaky taps! (its true my plumbing teacher did lol)

Case: Just some cheap ATX case, cant remember name. Does its job!
    Motherboard: MSI 870A Fuzion
    Power Supply: Coolermaster 700w
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Overclocked To 3.8GHz
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio
    Memory: 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 Ram 1600Mhz
    Graphics Card: BFG GTX 260 Max OC
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar 500GB x2

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Headset: Razer Megalodon
    Speakers: Logitech Z-10
    Monitor: 21.5" BenQ G2222HDL

Im looking for another GPU tho maybe a GTX 270 or a ATI 6870, The fuzion can mash any cards together so... Will see :P if i get another nvidia i can maybe use the 260 just for physx and the 270 for graphics or... i dunno!!

There are lost of different gamers / PC users, there is Enthusiast gamers who want the best of the best and make total sick rigs to play every game at 1000000000000000 FPS with no stutter or frame dip and try get the highest benchmark they can, Then there is the normal / high end gamer. The ones who get some semi decent things and overclock abit. Then there is gamer who gets things use's as stock and there happy. It depends how you like to play, I dont own a 360 or PS3 at all so all the games i get / play are on my PC so i try make it as good as i can with my crappy job :P

Deleted
    Guess i could post my little setup to, nothing fancy but it's enough for me

Case: CM Storm Sniper Black Edition
    Power supply: Corsair TX 750W
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Formula IV
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition running 3.86GHz (241.8x16)
    RAM: 4GB Kingston HyperX 1333MHz
    Hard Drives: Corsair Force F120 SSD (Windows + WoW) Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB (storage)
    Graphics: 2x XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB (X-fired)
    Optical: Sony Optiarc DVD/RW Burner

and the things around it then
    Screen: right now, some old 23" PB that was cheap, my old one stopped working and needed a new fast
    Keyboard: Razer Arctosa
    Mouse: Steelseries Ikari Laser
    Mousepad: Steelseries S&S
    Headset: Steelseries Sibera v2 White
    Last edited by mmoc12b86233c4; 2011-01-15 at 02:19 PM.

my gaming setup

Cpu. amd phenom II x6 1055t
    Gpu. galaxy gtx 460 1gb
    ram 8gb 1600 mhz Gskill ripsaw !
    standard mouse and keyboard
    25 inch i-inc
    old speaker with sub it knocks tho lol
    asus mboard its ok 8 channel hd audio lol
    750 watt power supply
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Now hang on there...as overkill as these systems seem, there is stuff out there that is far more demanding than gaming. High-definition rendering, folding, movie-making etc can sometimes require some pretty extreme builds. Sure, part of the reason can be bragging rights but there are people out there who can genuinely make full use of such monstrous machines
    Anyone that's serious about something like rendering or folding would probably see that it's more efficient to invest in a small farm of cheaper systems than one giant monstrosity. Plus, if you're rendering, you would probably wouldn't have RAID0 setups of SSD's and a single high storage drive.

Just food for thought. They are gaming machines.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Anyone that's serious about something like rendering or folding would probably see that it's more efficient to invest in a small farm of cheaper systems than one giant monstrosity. Plus, if you're rendering, you would probably wouldn't have RAID0 setups of SSD's and a single high storage drive.

Just food for thought. They are gaming machines.
    Hm, the one with the dual xeons had several raid0s for storage as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    RAID0 for storage is not a good idea at all.
    red panda red panda red panda!