this is my first build i'm doing myself, upgraded my old one plenty of times but never done one from scratch
    this is what i have so far

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/vXY3sY

also planning to get dual monitors (not sure on what size yet) and a new keyboard

i'm buying a bit each month just not sure if i should go for an i5 or an i7 and windows 7 or 8.1

and this is the graphics card i'm going for, unless there is anything better that would fit my build
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/sapp...card-1003622sr
    Last edited by fgzdon; 2014-10-27 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    lol I was ready to ask why the hell he had a stock cooler with all that hardware and then I read down that it's to be continued :P

Jealous of these ROG Swift monitors showing up though guys >.>
    You have no idea...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of a Corsair h105. Not sure yet tho. Just underwent surgery so its on hold for now :P

Deleted

So after oh so long, I can finally again contribute to this thread.

Got myself this beast, no regrets whatsoever.

Edit: Also added another 3TB WD drive, and a 2TB WD drive as well. I'm on a TB-high.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2014-10-30 at 11:23 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post

snip

Edit: Also added another 3TB WD drive, and a 2TB WD drive as well. I'm on a TB-high.
    You really shouldn't be putting those parts on those anti static bags (assuming that's what it is), especially circuit board facing down -.-
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

You really shouldn't be putting those parts on those anti static bags (assuming that's what it is), especially circuit board facing down -.-
    I know, but it was only for a second, since I wanted to get a quick snap before I installed it haha.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted

[OMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q5nBZpi.jpg[/IMG]

Nice, i got myself 2x Gigabyte 970 G1, 3 weeks ago, sadly they haven't arrived yet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but it was only for a second, since I wanted to get a quick snap before I installed it haha.
    Better off putting it on the wooden desk instead. One second is all it takes to ruin it. There's a reason why those bags are one of the word places to put your hardware.

That been said, I really wish they would just make those heat sinks black for a stealth black look to match the coolers. Would make those cards look soooo much better.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-30 at 11:37 AM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Radoleg View Post
    Nice, i got myself 2x Gigabyte 970 G1, 3 weeks ago, sadly they haven't arrived yet.
    Nice, even though this is enough I'm very tempted to buy another one, talk about impulse xD

- - - Updated - - -

Better off putting it on the wooden desk instead. One second is all it takes to ruin it. There's a reason why those bags are one of the word places to put your hardware.
    Yep, moment of not thinking. Was too excited :P First upgrade in about 1.5-2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

That been said, I really wish they would just make those heat sinks black for a stealth black look to match the coolers. Would make those cards look soooo much better.
    I agree. I'm half tempted to spray-paint it myself, but I'm sure that wont be good for the card.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I'm half tempted to spray-paint it myself, but I'm sure that wont last in the heat.
    Hmm. You should do a little research to see the viability of that. If it's possible to spray paint it I'm sure there's paint to withstand the heat.

Hmm. You should do a little research to see the viability of that. If it's possible to spray paint it I'm sure there's paint to withstand the heat.
    Did a brief google search and turns out it's a bad idea, paint being an insulator it would keep the heat instead of dissipate it. Doing some more research into this.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2014-10-30 at 11:51 AM.

There are exceptions, but you will probably end up with the same conclusion.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    There are exceptions, but you will probably end up with the same conclusion.
    That's a shame. Aren't BeQuiet's coolers a dark aluminum? Wonder why the other companies can't do the same when going for black themed products.

That's a shame. Aren't BeQuiet's coolers a dark aluminum? Wonder why the other companies can't do the same when going for black themed products.
    Costs. BeQuiet adds it in the manufacturing process by mixing it into the aluminium. There are some metal paints that do a less bad job with it (I know of none off-hand, sorry), but I wouldn't sacrifice performance for it.
    I'd rather try to build a shroud (with added potential benefits of directing air flow) if anythign.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see where you are going with that, but that's not how electricity works, anti static bags are fine to put your hardware on

Did a brief google search and turns out it's a bad idea, paint being an insulator it would keep the heat instead of dissipate it. Doing some more research into this.
    look up automotive radiator paint

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first assemble with Cosmos II
    Specs :
    Intel 4770K + Corsair H110
    Asus Maximus VI Extreme
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400Mhz 16GB Dual
    Asus GTX 780 Ti DC II OC
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Western 2TB Caviar Black
    Green 1275W 80Plus Platinum
    Cooler Master Cosmos II

Pics:

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i see where you are going with that, but that's not how electricity works, anti static bags are fine to put your hardware on
    While it's not guaranteed to ruin your parts, it's one of the most risky places to put them. I'm fully aware how electricity works. Some of the few worst places to put the parts besides that bag is metal and wet surfaces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchmageAllayne View Post
    My first assemble with Cosmos II
    Specs :
    Intel 4770K + Corsair H110
    Asus Maximus VI Extreme
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400Mhz 16GB Dual
    Asus GTX 780 Ti DC II OC
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Western 2TB Caviar Black
    Green 1275W 80Plus Platinum
    Cooler Master Cosmos II
    Are you going to get some additional GPUs or stuff like that?
    It all seems so empty with a big case like that, and the PSU is a bit too much/unnecessary for your setup?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fully aware how electricity works.
    not really, if you did you would understand why the rest of your statement is wrong, there is nothing dangerous with resting parts on ESD bags