Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    So, i ordered a coolermaster Case for like 60euro, but being such a nice company i order from´, they decided to send me a thermaltake snow edition without extra fee cuz the one i ordered was out must say i quite happy!

Incase none seen the snow edition.

Looks rather weird but man. so easy to work with!
    It's a good case. I have the black version. it's got so much space in side. The hot swap bays are great too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    this is what im currently running:

there is no case lights or anything flashy. just a simple, dark, almost monochrome color scheme, even with the windowed side panel it looks clean, so a NH-D15 would stand out like a sore thumb, i really like noctua, just not enough to tolerate the color

i'll see if i can get some better pics this weekend
    Never seen a power supply mounted like that.

@Static, that is a lot of Corsair stuff.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Turn the entirety counter clockwise and it's the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    Are those custom sleeves from icemodz? looks very neat and btw did you look into the be quiet! C1? The heat pipes are arranged to the sides instead of the front (where the fans are) but it has less heat dissipation.

I have them in a different PC and they do a good job.
    no, they are the presleeved ones from EVGA, i dont have enough free time anymore to manually sleeve cables, one thing i will give EVGA credit for, the presleeved cables come in large coils instead of folded, this saves you from haveing to sit there with a hair dryer to straighten them out

as for the CPU cooler, im planning on replacing it with a Cryorig R1 Ultimate, if i can ever get one, apparently there is a hold up:

Quote Originally Posted by support@cryorig.com
    Hello C----,

We have a shipment of stock already in the US, but due to port strike issues it’s still waiting in line to get to Newegg. We are closely monitoring this issue and will try to get stock to Newegg before mid February.

CRYORIG
    Email: support@cryorig.com

logo_cr-cryorig Crop
    - - - Updated - - -

vertical orientation FTW, since getting the FT02, i will never go back to a standard tower, i have a quieter case than an R4 define with more airflow and better cooling than any HAF

Upgraded this with 2x MSI GTX 970 and shorter SLI bridge for perfect fit.

Before you go crazy, I got both 970s as compensation since 1 of my 780s stopped working and the company didn't have any spare 780.

Quote Originally Posted by The G-Man View Post
    My gaming setup:

Mobo: Asus Z97-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel i7-4770k
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX780 (2x, SLI)
    RAM: HyperX Fury, DDR3, 1866Mhz, 16GB
    SSD: Crucial M500, 480GB
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda, 2TB
    Case: CM Storm Stryker

10+ Year Old Account

Before you go crazy, I got both 970s as compensation since 1 of my 780s stopped working and the company didn't have any spare 780.
    i don't think you need to defend yourself on that, we have another thread for the 970 debacle, but everyone i've talked to in person that either has them or is planning on buying them doesn't care, the card's benchmarks are out there and it still leads in price/performance, experienced buyers don't even read the specs, they go straight to the benchmarks and performance reviews

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think you need to defend yourself on that, we have another thread for the 970 debacle, but everyone i've talked to in person that either has them or is planning on buying them doesn't care, the card's benchmarks are out there and it still leads in price/performance, experienced buyers don't even read the specs, they go straight to the benchmarks and performance reviews
    It's nice to see some people are actually being realistic about the whole situation and not just looking for things to cry about (although I don't blame people for being upset and looking for a little compensation). Although, I think G-Man was referring more to defending why he upgraded from SLI 780s to SLI 970s. Just a small increase in performance for the ~$700 price tag so he probably felt the need to explain :P.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Oh I didn't mean about the VRAM issue, I just meant replacing 2x780 with 2x970 would be costly, for minor performance increase.
    And I agree, benchmarks shows the value of the product, like it have done for a long time now. Although I do check the specs as well, but to get a picture of how much of an upgrade it is you have to compare benchmarks.

15+ Year Old Account
    vertical orientation FTW, since getting the FT02, i will never go back to a standard tower, i have a quieter case than an R4 define with more airflow and better cooling than any HAF
    I have mine upside down. We do what ever it takes to not have it right side up huh?

And you hating on my haf case? You bastard!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I see you keep your setup clean Cyanotical . I always wondered how is that case working for you. You got the cable exit the top and run back below the top cover right? Isn't that a problem for ppl that don't have the case next to them - peripherals?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mine upside down. We do what ever it takes to not have it right side up huh?

And you hating on my haf case? You bastard!
    i don't like the HAF because high airflow does not necessarily translate to good airflow, i know its a popular first time case because of aggressive looks and low price, however i've worked on them and they don't have very good build quality, and i feel the CM is deceiving people about the airflow and cooling, silverstone has proven that you don't need 80 million fans and a near open air chassis to get top end cooling, just a smart design

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I see you keep your setup clean Cyanotical . I always wondered how is that case working for you. You got the cable exit the top and run back below the top cover right? Isn't that a problem for ppl that don't have the case next to them - peripherals?
    i like it but had to do significant modding to up the quality, there is a reason the RV05 is $100 less than the FT02 and FT05, but it has a very nice aggressive stealth fighter look that is still subtle enough for the case to come off as clean and simple, it however is definitely not a case for beginners, if you just throw your system in a case without cable tucking, then sure, you could build in about 10 minutes, but if you want a clean setup, its on par with ITX PITA cases like the Hadron AIR, just EATX sized

the cord layout isn't really a problem if you go from the back corner as a pivot point, its practically the same as a standard case, depending on where you park it, you can lose a foot or so over a standard layout, but that is easily and cheaply corrected, if people find this to be an issue, they simply aren't trying, a longer cable from monoprice or even a simple $5 USB hub can fix that, and probably lead to a nicer desk layout

Upgraded this with 2x MSI GTX 970 and shorter SLI bridge for perfect fit.

How's that 7gb vram working out for you?

lol jk beast looking rig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post

lol jk beast looking rig
    Where do you see the 7gb vram? (i know you mean 8) Sli, xfire vrams don't add up...

lol jk man

lol jk beast looking rig
    SLI isn't additive for the memory.

lol jk beast looking rig
    Hehe thanks, and still, its 0,5gb more for free

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like the HAF because high airflow does not necessarily translate to good airflow, i know its a popular first time case because of aggressive looks and low price, however i've worked on them and they don't have very good build quality, and i feel the CM is deceiving people about the airflow and cooling, silverstone has proven that you don't need 80 million fans and a near open air chassis to get top end cooling, just a smart design
    Low price? Good God man, my HAF X was $200!

The HAF series, for the level of quality and amount of plastic involved is exorbitantly overpriced.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the SSD is just hanging out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I like how the SSD is just hanging out there.
    I like how even the SSD's label fits his colour scheme

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol I've often had SSDs hanging in my case.

It's just hilarious. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    snip
    I bet getting the dust "out" is very fast!