in my signature
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.2GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM @ 1866MHz - 4GB GeForce GTX 970 - ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    http://www.cyberwarecomputers.com

Quote Originally Posted by pancakebuddy2 View Post
    in my signature
    Nice! I think you overspent on RAM, but hey - more tabs! (I need more RAM myself..)
    Also, is your CPU manually set to 4.2? In that case it is a downclock. Looks neat otherwise.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i think it depends, if they can get those specs (gsync/144hz) with an IPS display, it will be worth buying, but at this size TN would be horrendously ugly, its why i didn't end up buying the Rog Swift, the crappy color on TN is just not worth the faster response time and faster refresh rate, yes the image is amazingly smooth, but its so ugly and washed out that you won't fully enjoy it, especially with games pushing brighter more vivid colors

the frustrating thing is that IPS can go that fast, just nobody seems to want to R&D it
    Uh... Have you not researched the Acer? >_>

This review has been around since February. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

As far as the ROG Swift and TN go... well, yes, that's true about most TN panels, but coming from an AH-IPS panel, I will say the colors on this thing are actually damned good. It is 8-bit after all. Colors are shockingly bright and vivid, they aren't perfect mind you, but they do look very good.

I think what's ultimately also driving me away is the issue with how depending on where my head lines up with the monitor, edges/bottom/top can be sort of dimmed out/colors ever-so-slightly different. Doesn't look terrible, in say, Minecraft lol but it can be annoying when simply typing this up...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    freesync is not innovative, AMD didn't even care about adaptive refresh rate it until nvidia came up with something, why reward them for making nothing more than the "saturday night special" version of gsync
    Considering it's something from 2009, I doubt anyone can argue which side is more innovative other than VESA.
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would actually disagree. Gsync while my cost more, works on all fps and has not limitation. I would not say that it is straight out better though, freesync is cheaper.
    40-144Hz is the current implementation. Above and below that vsync is activated. Similarly a-sync/free sync have the ability to have higher or lower refresh rate. MG279Q is reportedly 40-144Hz also while others are at 48-75Hz. It depends entirely on the manufacturer. The range iirc is 4-209Hz.
    In all user aspect, FreeSync is better. Ability to support multiple inputs, audio inputs, PiP, PbP, etc it is in every way better for the user.
    In technical aspects the driver is less mature.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    They're not membrane switches, seller just pulled an incorrect product listing. Here's what the switches look like (I probably should have taken a picture myself when I swapped the delete key):

do you post on geekhack? i swear i saw that exact same board and pictures like a week ago. Either way awesome, i dont think there is a big keyboard following on here (other than blackwidows and other boring blue and brown switches)
    Last edited by skatblast; 2015-04-09 at 02:51 PM.

Heres my current setup

http://i.imgur.com/5497lN3.jpg

The guts and glory:

Case- HAF 912 Mid Tower
    Mobo - Asus Z97-AR ATX
    CPU - i7-4790k @4.00GHZ
    Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
    SSD - Samsung 120GB EVO SSD
    HDD - Toshiba 2TB
    GPU - EVGA GTX960 x2 SLI
    RAM - Crucial 16GB DDR3
    PSU - Corsair 750W CXMOD

3x Asus VX228 monitors
    Klipsch 2.1 Speakers
    Logitech G510s Keyboard
    Steelseries Legendary Edition WoW Gaming mouse.

Cable management is to begin tomorrow.

| i7-7700K | B250M | 16GB DDR4 | GTX-1060 | 240GB Samsung 850 x3 | Corsair 750W CXMOD |

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    do you post on geekhack? i swear i saw that exact same board and pictures like a week ago. Either way awesome, i dont think there is a big keyboard following on here (other than blackwidows and other boring blue and brown switches)
    Haha, yeah that was me. Although that picture you quoted wasn't mine, I just found it to confirm the switch type before I bought it. I made an account there and posted the auction since it was seemingly the only site with information on the keyboard in the first place.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Case- Bitfenix Neos Windowed(black/black)
    Mobo - Asus A88XM-A(Replacing with Crossblade Ranger)
    CPU - AMD 860K(stock clock)
    Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo(push pull configuration with extra 212 oem fan)
    SSD - AMD R7 120gb(os)
    HDD - WD 500gb Black(Replacing with 480gb ssd)
    GPU - Sapphire Dual-x R9270X 4gb(Replacing with Asus R9 280x)
    RAM - 8gb(2x4gb) AMD GS R9 2400(Soon to be 16gb)
    PSU - Corsair 750W HXMOD(Replacing with Bitfenix Fury 750)
    Fan Controller - Bitfenix Recon(Replacing with Asus Rog Front Base)
    Case Fans - CM Jetflo X3(black)
    ODD - Generic DVD RW
    Monitor - Asus VX238H

Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G13 Gamepad
    Logitech G700 Mouse/G240 Mouse Pad
    Logitech F310 Controller
    Chinese made Nintendo USB Controllers

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep using my bad phone camera in awful lighting conditions but here goes.

Thought I'd just update with my screen config. A while ago I got the LG 34" 21:9 display and I'm still loving it. Serves as essentially two monitors when I want it to and one ultrawide gaming experience when I feel like it.

And then a peek at the TV-set nearby!

Upper screen serving as a regular ol' monitor connected to the graphics card.

But lookie here, a HDMI-splitter is actually between it and the graphics card, what is on the upper monitor will be sent to the TV as well!

And with a touch on a HDMI-switch, the upper monitor and TV get switched into being connected to the PC's blackmagic card instead, effectively converting them into reference monitors during video editing. Woo editing rig

--

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    [monitor talks]
    I see dat shiny 34" in your sig. Pictures pictures!
    Last edited by Wries; 2015-04-12 at 10:15 PM.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Pro
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z87X
    CPU - Intel i7 4770K OC'd 4.6ghz
    Cooler - Corsair Hydro H100i GT 280mm
    SSD - Samsung EVO 250gb
    HDD - WD 1tb Black
    GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Windforce
    RAM - 16gb(2x8gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    PSU - Seasonic X Series X-850w 80+ Gold Cert.
    Case Fans - Noctua
    ODD - DVD RW
    Monitor - 2x Asus VE228H 22in. 1080p.

Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70. Cherry Blues.
    Mouse - Logitech G600
    Headset - Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I see dat shiny 34" in your sig. Pictures pictures!
    I'll work on getting some better pictures... but for now:

(Cell phone picture taken and sent to a few people on Facebook, then I just saved it from the message, and uploaded to imgur. Looks great! :P )

Also, yes, my Razer Vespula is already like, uh, breaking? Many many months ago it started falling apart as seen in the picture. Really pisses me off. I need the little wrist rest though and a nice smooth surface. Any suggestions? I won't be buying another Vespula, it did NOT last long enough.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    34 inch represent. Got the LG Ultra Wide Curved on Monday and it's pretty much the best monitor I've ever owned. The downside is the refresh rate...and I only recommend one if you have the power, and of course, the money.

Please be sure to use thumbnails in the future. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2015-04-16 at 08:15 PM.

Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor
    16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3-1600 Memory 4x4gb
    ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card

crappy case need new one and crappy 17" lcd display getting 22" soon

Deleted
    I5 2500k + Scythe kotetsu
    GA-Z68AP-D3
    16gb Kingston hyper X
    Samsung 850 EVO 120gb x2 RAID 0
    ATI HD6870
    Fractal design Arc midi R2
    3x Noctua 140mm ULV fans
    2x 27 inch IPS monitors Dell ultra sharp
    Logitech Z623 THX speaker
    Sound Blaster X-fi USB Soundblaster THX
    Logitech G700S
    Logitech k350 wireless keyboard
    RH Logic 400 chair

A massive desk I got from work with a map from Tolkiens Silmarillion laquered into the table.. My entire gaming room is painted like the mines of Moria, with an entire wall being Gandalf vs the Balrog at the bridge of Kazad Dum. Also a cave troll and Gollum in there. Ceilings, window everything made like the mines. A lava lamp, a plasma lamp and a color changing pac-man ghost.. Yes I am a geek
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2015-04-16 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    A massive desk I got from work with a map from Tolkiens Silmarillion laquered into the table.. My entire gaming room is painted like the mines of Moria, with an entire wall being Gandalf vs the Balrog at the bridge of Kazad Dum. Also a cave troll and Gollum in there. Ceilings, window everything made like the mines. A lava lamp, a plasma lamp and a color changing pac-man ghost.. Yes I am a geek
    Actual pictures required!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Actual pictures required!!
    Ok, here is my tolkien gaming room. This is from righht after the room was finished so before I got my new com hardware.. Sorry for the large pics, just right click image and open in new tab for easy view of whole foto..

Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-04-17 at 03:51 PM.

Holyshit wtb some thumbnails, cool room tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Holyshit wtb some thumbnails, cool room tho.
    Sorry, am at work so it was done in a hurry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Really pisses me off. I need the little wrist rest though and a nice smooth surface. Any suggestions? I won't be buying another Vespula, it did NOT last long enough.
    Those anime boob ones. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Sorry, am at work so it was done in a hurry
    You did it through imgur... they give you an option right there for thumbnails, if you're in a hurry might as well not upload the pictures in this case if you don't have time to click on a different link option.

@Remilia... x_x

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    34 inch represent. Got the LG Ultra Wide Curved on Monday and it's pretty much the best monitor I've ever owned. The downside is the refresh rate...and I only recommend one if you have the power, and of course, the money.

/picture of pretty fellow curved 34" monitor
    What can I say, VESA support is nice.

Also, how does the LG perform on the pixel responsiveness? The Samsung has some major ghosting... it's pretty annoying. It isn't game-breaking for me, but it is there and noticeable, I've never seen it before. Not on my older IPS, certainly never on a TN... but this is annoying at best.

Same question to Cyanotical with the Dell. How's the pixels/ghosting?
    "A flower.