10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axphyxiate View Post
    Thanks Evildeffy, I assure you, you don't want to see my old one :S
    I want to. So I can feel happy that I'm not alone in the terrible cable management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Did you read the specs he posted before the pictures? -.-
    if you look at the pic of the motherboard is indeed a z170 so specs dont match pictures

He's actually not wrong, if you look on the second picture, you can clearly see "Z170 PRO GAMING".
    So (hopefully) he probably doesn't have a 4790K either.

Deleted
    Yes, which is why I asked. The MSI Z97 GAMING 5 motherboard, which Axphyxiate has in his list, looks completely different than the MB in the second photo.

The MB in the photo even says 'Asus' just below the CPU socket, in addition to the 'Z170 Pro Gaming' also noted by the other respondents. The 5 red LEDs just below 'Z170 Pro Gaming' is also a dead giveaway, in addition to the shape and coloration of the CPU VRM heatsinks.

So is it an LGA1151 CPU in a Z170 MB, or is the photo not of Axphyxiate's rig?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord you guys are paying way too close attention. XD

I retract my previous statement.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

Here is my new build then

My Maximus motherboard is at RMA so i'm using a Z170M-Plus instead.
    Returned the strafe since i could not get used to the keys.
    Headset is HyperX Cloud ii, love it so far. Sound quality is good but I wanted better, so i ordered a ASUS Xonar U7 which have received amazing reviews.

Sorry for potato quality, iphone 6 camera :S

Last edited by Toffie; 2015-09-18 at 08:00 AM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Looks good! Have you considered adding a second monitor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djowel View Post
    Looks good! Have you considered adding a second monitor?
    I'm planning on adding another monitor since I do graphic design and I rather have a IPS with higher resolution monitor to do my work. I would love a 4K IPS 24 monitor, since it might look a little dumb with a gigantic monitor next to my 24 AOC
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Hey, I kinda stuck in middle. I was looking to to buy good laptop for gaming, but found this desktop for less than half the price, since I'm concerned about graphics and enjoy max settings or somewhere 80-90% in that range, would this be good investment? Not a fan of desktops, but if it can bring me closer to what I expect from gaming probably I could get it.

Desktop:

Cpu : AMD FX-8120 3,1GHZ could be overclocked to ~ 4Ghz with this cooler
    Cpu cooler : Corsair h80 water cooler
    Ram : Kingston Hyper X 8gb 1866Mhz DDR3 gaming memory
    Hdd : 1000gb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm with 64mb cache
    Graphics card : Saphire 7970 hd with 3gb gddr5
    Motherboard : Gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3
    PSU: 850watt

Adding monitor, keyboard, and mmo gaming mouse would cost me half the laptop price.

Laptop

MSI GS60 Broadway i7-5700HQ 8GB 128GB SSD +1TB FHD Anti-Glare Wide View Angle nVidia Geforce GTX 970M 3GB Windows 8.1 Gaming Laptop - 9S7-16H512-669

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/msi-gs60...69/version.asp

I'm sucker for laptops and how mobile and comfortable they are, but desktop price is kinda tempting me. Probably there is no question laptop outperforming desktop, but hey if that can sustain me proper graphics in raid environment I might go for desktop even it meant I get glued to desk.

Any insights would be appreciated
    Last edited by mmoc231fd0df90; 2015-09-18 at 10:11 AM.

@hmzlol
    I'll tell you my story.
    I've hated laptops all my life, #pcmasterrace, but I needed one so I can play on the move.
    I had this PC:
    AMD FX-8350 8 core @ 4GHz stock
    ASRock 970 Pro3
    Nirvana NV120 CPU cooler
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 2Gb RAM OC GHz edition
    2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Grey series
    128 Gb SSD Samsung 840
    1 TB WD Caviar Blue with 64 Mb cache
    550W PSU

I got about 5500 in 3dmax firestrike with it. It was an okay system.
    When I got around to buying a laptop, I wanted one which would be better than my PC of course and since the 900 series nvidia chips came out, I squeezed myself alot and bought the Asus ROG G751JT + a 128 Gb Samsung 850EVO SSD.
    It performs way better than my PC did, even though 3dmax score was only around 6300.
    If the time will come to replace the laptop AND I will be able to spend more time at home, I will definitely go back to a pc setup and maybe buy some office grade laptop for mobility.

The laptop is nice and all, but if you want more juice, you can't replace the parts, you need a new laptop. Overheating isn't an issue, it has very good cooling. That being said, if you do buy a laptop, buy one with separate coolers for the CPU and GPU.As far as I see it in pictures on google, the MSI GS60 chosen by you, is like that.
    It's all up to you, if you enjoy a powerhorse, stick to the pc, if you value mobility more, than get the MSI.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    MMO champion has the weirdest fucking threads of any board ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemix View Post
    @hmzlol
    I'll tell you my story.
    I've hated laptops all my life, #pcmasterrace, but I needed one so I can play on the move.
    I had this PC:
    AMD FX-8350 8 core @ 4GHz stock
    ASRock 970 Pro3
    Nirvana NV120 CPU cooler
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 2Gb RAM OC GHz edition
    2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Grey series
    128 Gb SSD Samsung 840
    1 TB WD Caviar Blue with 64 Mb cache
    550W PSU

I got about 5500 in 3dmax firestrike with it. It was an okay system.
    When I got around to buying a laptop, I wanted one which would be better than my PC of course and since the 900 series nvidia chips came out, I squeezed myself alot and bought the Asus ROG G751JT + a 128 Gb Samsung 850EVO SSD.
    It performs way better than my PC did, even though 3dmax score was only around 6300.
    If the time will come to replace the laptop AND I will be able to spend more time at home, I will definitely go back to a pc setup and maybe buy some office grade laptop for mobility.

The laptop is nice and all, but if you want more juice, you can't replace the parts, you need a new laptop. Overheating isn't an issue, it has very good cooling. That being said, if you do buy a laptop, buy one with separate coolers for the CPU and GPU.As far as I see it in pictures on google, the MSI GS60 chosen by you, is like that.
    It's all up to you, if you enjoy a powerhorse, stick to the pc, if you value mobility more, than get the MSI.
    I heard that PC's is much better, if compared with same spec laptop. Laptop is cool to bring around, hard call Thanks

Deleted

Been a while since i posted my setup here (if ever) so now that i got the colossus case, a new ssd and a Asus r9 290x i decided to post some! Cables need work but getting a new PSU soon so it has to wait! 2nd picture is some size comparing between the new bitfenix and my gf's asus case..
    Last edited by mmoc50a6d6a684; 2015-09-18 at 04:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please change the images to links or crop them, it is horrendous to look at right now.

Also ... dear lord the non-existent cable management!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($102.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390X 8GB SOC Video Card ($414.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Raidmax ATX-298WW ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($67.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer ($16.89 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($97.89 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair SP120 57.2 CFM 120mm Fan ($12.00 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Corsair SP120 57.2 CFM 120mm Fan ($12.00 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: LG 27MP36HQ-B 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($180.00 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($107.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($78.00 @ Amazon)
    Headphones: Plantronics GameCom 780 7.1 Channel Headset ($52.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1686.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-18 12:14 EDT-0400

The only thing off in that list in the speakers, I have Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System running in 2.1 setup... Ive had them for like 8 years now. I really should upgrade those looking at the specs vs whats available now.

Deleted
    Did crop them allready, atleast for me they are pretty good sized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djowel View Post
    Did crop them allready, atleast for me they are pretty good sized.
    That's for you.

Some people would like bigger pictures. If you do link+picture, that's the best.

Example: (see how you can click on it and be forwarded to a larger picture)

Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-09-19 at 04:22 AM.
    "A flower.

Hey guys, probably not the best place to ask this in, but given the choice, what would be the best choice for gaming gaining the most out for a gaming rig, in a fiddle of going Skylake 6700k or going down the x99 path and going for the 5930k?, I know they're two different board types etc, wanting to put an order through..just having a difficult time deciding on the best path.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaped View Post
    Hey guys, probably not the best place to ask this in, but given the choice, what would be the best choice for gaming gaining the most out for a gaming rig, in a fiddle of going Skylake 6700k or going down the x99 path and going for the 5930k?, I know they're two different board types etc, wanting to put an order through..just having a difficult time deciding on the best path.

Thanks.
    Indeed. I suggest making a thread.

I suggest reading this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    Hello,

New and slightly confused member here. Did you mix up your photo upload, or am I missing something here? That motherboard looks like the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming that I have been eyeing recently, which means your CPU wouldn't fit. Additionally, if this is the Z170 MB, then the (non-red) RAM modules are not optimally located in their slots. With two modules I'd think you should have then empty-fill-empty-fill, counted from the CPU socket, to enable proper dual channel operation.
    I'm an idiot, I had 2 PC builds on pcpartpicker that I was tossing up between and I just copy pasted the part list here when I made the post and it was the wrong one >.< updating it now hahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axphyxiate View Post
    I'm an idiot, I had 2 PC builds on pcpartpicker that I was tossing up between and I just copy pasted the part list here when I made the post and it was the wrong one >.< updating it now hahaha

I would still swap the first RAM module, closest to the CPU, over to the fourth socket, farthest from the CPU. Your RAM is currently running in single channel mode the way you have them set up now. Have a look at page 1-8 in the motherboard manual.