Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I suppose the next expansion in 1.5 years is quite possible. They'd give us another 5 levels, probably re-work 60-70 like they did with 1-60 this time around and throw in some new areas. The team that did Cataclysm simply switch to the next expansion right from Cataclysm release. WoW is so polished and fine tuned now that it really isn't a major drama for them to come up with enough content to justify an expansion in 1.5 years. They're so good at this now and they know exactly what they're doing.

It does however suggest that WoW only has 2 more expansions left within it's natural life before Blizzard hope we all move onto the next big thing. So enjoy WoW while you can.

Changing fire to be colored green though, while awesome, isn't as easy.
    yes very hard.

You don't have to invent a new tech to do this and you know that. When someone has the Glyph of the Penguin, the Penguin model with completely different model and color will be shown for everyone. Duplicate redfire.tga change it to greenfire.tga and make sure greenfire.tga will be loaded when someone has the Glyph of Green Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Deployed View Post
    Good find. I recall that Blizzard have said, just once, that it's secret MMO was based on an existing franchise.
    NOT an existing franchise. NOT. NOT.

They specifically said the new MMO was NOT an existing franchise. It's possible that some how they meant "not an existing **Blizzard** franchise" but it's more likely that it's a completely new IP, because they've talked in interviews about how difficult and time consuming it is to come up with all of the lore for the new IP from scratch, and how different that has been from WoW, where a lot of lore and setting was already in place.

For the record, Blizzard's never said anything about it being an MMOFPS. That's pure speculation based on nothing. I know you didn't say anything about the FPS angle, I'm just throwing that out there. This being MMO champion though, I'm sure people have already forgotten where they heard the FPS idea in the first place, and accepted it as some thing Blizzard has actually said.

Project Titan seems a little early to me, I would've placed that in 2016 so that they could get in another expansion before switching their player base across.

That being said, god I hope this is real.

Changing fire to be colored green though, while awesome, isn't as easy.
    yes very hard.

You don't have to invent a new tech to do this and you know that. When someone has the Glyph of the Penguin, the Penguin model with completely different model and color will be shown for everyone. Duplicate redfire.tga change it to greenfire.tga and make sure greenfire.tga will be shown when someone has the Glyph of Green Fire.
    Last edited by wiIdi; 2010-12-01 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marrakoosh View Post
    Their next gen MMO is going to immense I'm sure. Even if it is an FPS.

Some of the things on the slate make sense for sure.

SC2x2 and D3. Means a big-up hype at Blizzcon 2011. But what bothers me is that WoWx4 is only a year and a half away?! That's far too soon. They're going to announce it at Blizzcon 2011 and then like 6 months later release it? I think not. And when else will they announce their expansion? It's always at a Blizzcon.
    They just stated recently that they want a faster pace of development from the two year window that they had with Wrath -> Cata. If you think about Wrath, almost half of it was spent with ICC being the highest level content, which is about six months longer than most people actually had interest in it. The only reason it took so long from ICC til Cata is because of the massive task of creating Cataclysm. Since they're presumably not going to completely revamp the existing world every time a new expansion is released, 18 months seems pretty achievable. Previously their goal had been to pump on out every year (at least, that was an Activision goal).

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Project Titan seems a little early to me, I would've placed that in 2016 so that they could get in another expansion before switching their player base across.

That being said, god I hope this is real.
    It's already been in development for 3+ years. By the time it comes out, they won't be trying to switch WoW players to the new MMO, they're be trying to switch players of some one else's MMO back to their new one. SW:TOR is already going to take a large chunk out of their bottom line, and once the bleeding starts and people see their friends leaving in droves, it will be much easier for them to leave as well.

From a business perspective, it's actually coming out much later than it ought to, but these things do take time, especially when it's Blizzard that's involved.

Deleted
    This will be intresting :P

I really hope they do end up making an MMOFPS, I don't wanna play a clone of WoW with a sci-fi setting or w/e they're planning to to with it's setting.

Great, expansion every 18 months. Guess it won't be long before Activision digs their hooks in enough to go for yearly releases just like they did with Call of Duty and Guitar hero.

Instead of focusing on releasing good, enduring content that can last 2 years, they opt to release short, crap content that lasts half that, then instead of what WOULD have been a free patched in raid, ala Zul'aman/RS. We'll instead get that crap shoveled in as the first raid in a $40 expansion.

Looks like they're working a damn effective plan at slowly making us pay for patched content.

Deleted
    lol @ the keyboard turner title. QQ inc.

I really don't want to stay in the deadly zone between 200-350 =(.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinie View Post
    You mean a company like Bungie? You know, the company that makes Halo? The same Bungie that signed a 10 year publishing deal with Activision earlier this year[/URL] for all future Halo games? The same Activision that merged with Blizzard? And the fact that the Halo MMO that was being developed by Ensemble Studios[/URL], then cancelled due to "company politics," until THE SAME DAMN MONTH (April 2010) THAT BUNGIE SIGNED WITH ACTIVISION was called, get this, Titan?
    Not even the link you posted says anything about Halo being now published by Activision, because it was part of to Microsoft to let go Bungie, that Microsoft would own everything in the Halo franchise. So Titan has nothing to do with Halo, since it is owned by Microsoft, and not Bungie, even if they made it. Without this, Bungie would still be owned by Microsoft.

You shouldn't expand a real article with your fantasies. Microsoft owns Halo, it's publishing rights, it's future, it's past, everything. Not Bungie.

Diablo is still a year away :/
    Was kinda expecting it coming out at least in march or so ...

I don't like FPSes, so I couldn't care less about Titan. Seeing a shorter interval between WoW expansions is exciting, though, even though it's quite possible that won't actually come to pass.

Deleted
    Hi All first post

Gotta say I agree with the nerf to dungeon experience as it was enough to gain you at least 2 levels or so if youre lucky which screwed up the levelling progression. Means it wont affect the quest progression as much. Also gotta say that the next two expansion may be coming out a lot quicker than we think taking a look at the chart which could be a good and bad thing I suppose.

# "The Secrets of Uldum" can be completed.
    The follow-up, however, cannot. They've fixed one quest just to break another. A simpler, better solution would have been to just flag the quest as cata-only.

About 6 months into the Wrath expansion, i was talking with my friends friend about the future of wow, and he told me that blizz had the next three expansions planned out. He got his info from his friend who knew someone who worked for Blizz. Point being, it was the classic " heard through the grapevine" rumor so i didnt pay much attention to him, but everything he told me has come true so far. so i would not doubt this chart, or blizz at this point because they take their games seriously and do not release crap.

Probably sound like an idiot but-
    I'm confused about the WOWx4/x5 is.. #5 being the 5th xpansion? What's #4? :|

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for Gamon buffs! i hope he kills many unsuspecting noobs who still think he drops anything useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-FPS? Dear god please be like a suped up planetside

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    The follow-up, however, cannot. They've fixed one quest just to break another. A simpler, better solution would have been to just flag the quest as cata-only.
    When i saw the chest outside the chamber i laughed and tought "well i almost bet that the follow-up will bug because of this." Laughed even harder when i saw that i was correct. Fix one to break another.