Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally not fan of pulling a shield out against other arms warriors. The fight is alot less complex and usually doesn't require a shield as you'll still be receiving a hell lot of bleed damage with the potential of giving him more overpower procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I'm personally not fan of pulling a shield out against other arms warriors. The fight is alot less complex and usually doesn't require a shield as you'll still be receiving a hell lot of bleed damage with the potential of giving him more overpower procs.
    Overpower only procs on Dodges. Shields, unless packed with Dodge rating, shouldn't really give any notable advantage to your opponent.

Two Warriors in identical gear bashing eachother in the face is just a war for RNG, pending skill. It's tactics like stance-dancing and choosing when to sword+board that's going to be a bigger deciding factor.

To the Guide: I've found that Colossus Smash before Mortal Strike is a little better. The extra damage for the incoming Overpower (30% from MS and 100% armor ignore from CS) is notable, as is the Mortal Strike hitting an armorless target.

Also, Weapon Chain or no? Some of the enchants are really neat, but I -really- hate fighting Hunters, Shadow Priests, Rogues, and other Warriors. We can't talent it down anymore. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Also, Weapon Chain or no? Some of the enchants are really neat, but I -really- hate fighting Hunters, Shadow Priests, Rogues, and other Warriors. We can't talent it down anymore. . .
    I think it's pretty much the only choice we have. 10sec Disarms are devastating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overpower only procs on Dodges. Shields, unless packed with Dodge rating, shouldn't really give any notable advantage to your opponent.

Two Warriors in identical gear bashing eachother in the face is just a war for RNG, pending skill. It's tactics like stance-dancing and choosing when to sword+board that's going to be a bigger deciding factor.

Partially agree, however I found fights against other Arms warriors have less to do with RNG unlike the WOTLK days. My past wins/loses were often concluded with whoever had control over the fight, using stuns/fears/disarms etc. Pulling a shield out and shield walling, only delays the inevitable(a different story for casters may I add).

Deleted
    This is the best warrior guide out there, I now see why i couldn't get pass 1798 in S8... Thanks again for this and please keep this updated

Is stacking str gems to way to go? I've heard that it's better to stack as much resil as possible, and filling in str/resil and stre/crit gems where needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bombardment View Post
    Is stacking str gems to way to go? I've heard that it's better to stack as much resil as possible, and filling in str/resil and stre/crit gems where needed.
    It's personal perferance to what you stack, and comp dependent for arena.

I'm stacking resilience, pure resilience in yellow sockets, resilience+stam in blue, strenght + resilience in red. I'm still missing around 6/7 pieces of PvP gear and I'm sitting at ~2800 resilience. I'm playing WLP and TSG in 3v3 and it works well for both comps. I'd perfer this over pure strenght but it depends how comfortable you and your healer feel when your getting nuked.

Does any1 actually use Slam in pvp?i never really see good time to use it

Deleted
    May I ask what is the 2200 weapon you r talkin' bout can seem to find one for neither 2200 honor or 2200 conquest ? Thanks

Deleted
    As a warrior who just started pvping (lowbie pvp atm still though), I'd like to thank the OP for this guide, it's shed light on a lot of useful stuff for me, which hadn't even come to my mind (zerker out of sap, amg).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PauQQu View Post
    Does any1 actually use Slam in pvp?i never really see good time to use it
    No, the only use really for it is during Deadly Calm, when you'd have a free GCD, but it's not worth wasting 2 talents points for your 2min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mclockin
    May I ask what is the 2200 weapon you r talkin' bout can seem to find one for neither 2200 honor or 2200 conquest ? Thanks
    The 2200 rated weapons have been removed temporarily, teh ywill be available again on January 25th. They were removed because of an MMR bug in arena which allowed players to get insane rating gains, which would of allowed them to get teir 2 weapons in the second week of the season. They will be available on the conquest vendors again once January 25th hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bombardment View Post
    Full resilience is sick right now with the amount of damage warriors are doing. 3.7k is nice.

Could some1 post a pic about their UI. Im not personally fan on using addons in pvp, but i want to see what bindings you use/macros.Thx

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PauQQu View Post
    Could some1 post a pic about their UI. Im not personally fan on using addons in pvp, but i want to see what bindings you use/macros.Thx
    PM with exactly what you want, and I'll help you out.

well currently i have SR,SW,Focus-Intercept,Wep change macros,bladestorm and charge+hamstring macros.
    Are there any more really useful macros i should use?

I personally go with glyph of rapid charge. There's not that often that a caster is just out of range and thier's nothing you can do about it so the glyph of long charge would benefit you. But the glyph of rapid charge is a blanket benefit, being able to use your opener more often is just all around good.

10+ Year Old Account
    A quick question: Which of these do you guys think I should pick, Rude interruption 1/2 or Incite 1/3 ?

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't gemming crit be a good idea? Since the critchance with pvp gear is below 10% now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hermansen View Post
    A quick question: Which of these do you guys think I should pick, Rude interruption 1/2 or Incite 1/3 ?
    Rude Interuption is better than Incite, just interupt on CD, and you've got a 5% damage buff up 90% of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Naylol
    Wouldn't gemming crit be a good idea? Since the critchance with pvp gear is below 10% now.
    No since your crit chance will still be really low, and you get more than enough crit from talents to make up for it. Just gem resli since it's much better than it looks.

OP mind giving an armory link to your main warrior? After reading this, it just seems likes common sense tips that any 1800+ warrior would know. Not trying to insult anybody or anything, but is a guide really needed for that? Also, Bladestorm is ONLY good with tons of people around, in a BG setting. In arenas, it's used to get that last 5% of somebody to die instead of waiting for an auto attack due to lack of rage or GCDs, even though you can't really run out of GCDs anymore. Also, it's not demo shout that has a 50% increased range to it, it is piercing howl.
    Last edited by 4long2wide; 2011-01-04 at 10:46 PM.