Prot PvP Revisited?

1st of all this has NOTHING to do with todays announced nerfs/changes.

Does anybody think prot is going to become viable once again? The reason I ask is, I was checking out our fellow warrior class hero Alloraan (S8 rank #1 prot on BG9) and noticed he bought the vicious glad shield, B4 any main set arms pieces besides thrown/trink.

seems like a very odd order to aquire gear.

Prot still offers awesome control over numerous targets, with lots of resilience is extremely hard to kill, and now that gear is starting to lvl out, the damage is no where as near terrible as it was in wotlk w/4.0 talents & changes.

intercept/charge/intervene/H leap is a pretty smexy way of flying around arenas, and burst with CS+heavy repercussion'd shield slams is still very good damage.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using a prot can still be nice in many bgs for holding flags, running flags, and of course are preferred for "bosses" in the 40 man bgs. I don't think prot will really be viable in top arena teams though.

Deleted
    I as a frost DK have little problems atm dealing with a prot warrior.

I tend to go tank (170k hp ub) aswell for random BGs with a flag, but imo my normal PvP spec / gear makes sure I survive longer.