10+ Year Old Account
    X-Men First Class
    8 1/2
    Not m y favorite in the X Men anthology but rather well done and sets the back story for why things are the way they are rather well. A cast of exciting mutants that you can easily become attached to and feel saddened at the loss of some. It is a movie I watch regularly and with great happiness and always part of my X Men Movie Marathon Nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schindler’s List: 9.5/10
    Annie Hall: 8.5/10
    The Deer Hunter: 10/10

Deleted
    The Living Daylights- James Bond 6/10. I found this was a bit of a messy film. Although Dalton's Bond gave some reprieve from Moore's eyebrows, the script still seemed to be written with him in mind and it felt awkward and inconsistent, as if Dalton's more serious Bond couldn't shine through as much as it should have. The final villain felt a bit tacked on, although was more original than some villains. Some of the characters were quite stereotypical and flat. I even preferred Sheriff Pepper from them. So myeh ok I suppose, seen more enjoyable yet worse Bond films.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-04-15 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Not License to Kill, the Living Daylights I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    The Hunger Games - 7.5/10

Good movie with great cast, but 2 problems: Rushed & shaky camera
    Shaky camera was necessary to maintain a PG-13 rating and still give you the visceral feeling of murder.

9/10.

Hunger Games! Mo-Focking +10!!!

I was actually amazed by the film adaptions ability to pull it off successfully . Depicting the butchering of children, with anarchism buildup, is no easy task - with a PG-13 label, at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

Deleted
    So after some time I decided to watch Thor. I'll give it 7/10.
    It was good and action packed and had some humour in it and nice references to other Marvel heroes. Plus I lol'd at Stan Lee's cameo. On the bad side it was a bit too shiny and a certain 7 Eleven was featured a tad to noticeable in many of the scenes. (product placement much)

Deleted
    Priest 7/10
    Mostly because I don't like movies "having 2+ parts".
    But I did like the world where the movie was based, kinda a good mix of the future, the past, steampunk, hi-tech and fantasy.

The ending kinda suggests that there will be second part;
    "no, the war has just begun."
    but due to the poor revenue it's most likely not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inglorious Basterds: 8/10
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Contraband - 8/10

Was an alright film, nothing super spectacular though. But I like Mark Wahlberg so I bumped it from a 7 to 8 out of 10 ;D

Deleted
    'Silence of the Lambs' - masterpiece 10/10

The Patriot - Really amazing movie, 10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Memento - Better than the new Batman films, easily Nolan's best- 9/10.

I need to watch Thor, since so many people are saying it's at least decent (my tendency is to assume that comic book movies aren't until proven otherwise).

Deleted
    'Man on a Ledge' - predictable but entertaining enough, solid turn ins by Sam Worthington and Elizabeth Banks 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Memento - Better than the new Batman films, easily Nolan's best- 9/10.

I need to watch Thor, since so many people are saying it's at least decent (my tendency is to assume that comic book movies aren't until proven otherwise).
    Do not watch Thor. It's easily the worst film in The Avengers series and not even a great film on its own.

OT: 21 Jump Street
    Cheap American humor. Kept me laughing in increments. 7/10

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Eoagame View Post
    Do not watch Thor. It's easily the worst film in The Avengers series and not even a great film on its own.
    I enjoyed Thor.

IMO Captain America was the worst of the Avengers films.
    Last edited by Worgoblin; 2012-04-08 at 06:50 PM.

Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol - 8/10 : I enjoyed this movie quite a bit but it wasn't nearly as in-depth as the originals. I was hoping it would be a little harder to follow and confusing.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 8/10 : Not a bad movie at all. Only a few of the original actors but it's a totally different story so they wouldn't fit I guess. Not a bad movie if you are a fan of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Independence Day 6/10

My god has this movie aged fast

I remember watching this when it was released as a kid and I was all over how awesome it was, packed full of action, and buildings blowing up. Will smith punching an alien, hell it was what a Sci-Fi movie should have been.

Fast Forward 14 years later.

I ordered Independence Day on DVD (still trying to get everything over from VHS) and finally decided to sit down and watch it. I was filed with the sense of nostalgia straight away, fully excited, then as if someone had punched me in the gut halfway through I felt really empty.

There was a lot of cheese on this movie I never realised, the cheesy one liners, the unbeleiveable plot, like a cable man finding out how to plant a virus inside a mother ship and flying an alien spacecraft without these “superior” creatures knowing it was them for ages. And the fact that most of the characters are uninteresting and boring. A part of me was crushed watching this movie. Oh and the president who flies as a fighter pilot.

The best things that manage to hold are the special effects which are still mind-blowing even now, oh and Will Smith was awesome of course :P

I was thinking about watching Hook today but I don’t want to destroy any more of my childhood after watching Independence Day. Sometimes Nostalgia isn’t what its cracked up to be, especially when you relive it.
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-04-08 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Independence Day 6/10

I remember watching this when it was released as a kid and I was all over how awesome it was, packed full of action, and buildings blowing up. Will smith punching an alien, hell it was what a Sci-Fi movie should have been.

Fast Forward 14 years later.

I ordered Independence Day on DVD (still trying to get everything over from VHS) and finally decided to sit down and watch it. I was filed with the sense of nostalgia straight away, fully excited, then as if someone had punched me in the gut halfway through I felt really empty.

There was a lot of cheese on this movie I never realised, the cheesy one liners, the unbeleiveable plot, like a cable man finding out how to plant a virus inside a mother ship and flying an alien spacecraft without these “superior” creatures knowing it was them for ages. And the fact that most of the characters are uninteresting and boring. A part of me was crushed watching this movie. Oh and the president who flies as a fighter pilot.

The best things that manage to hold are the special effects which are still mind-blowing even now, oh and Will Smith was awesome of course :P

I was thinking about watching Hook today but I don’t want to destroy any more of my childhood after watching Independence Day. Sometimes Nostalgia isn’t what its cracked up to be, especially when you relive it.
    Yeah, Hook is one of the LAST movies you want to follow with ID4.

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    IMO Captain America was the worst of the Avengers films.
    Captain America was really cool until about half-way in I felt like I was watching someone else play an X-Box game for the rest of the movie. Not a good film.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-04-08 at 11:49 PM.

Deleted
    The Green Lantern

4/10

Poor cast, wasnt exciting or gripping, walked away feeling like there was a huge oppurtunity lost.

Reason it got so high out of 10 was simply because.. green lantern

15+ Year Old Account
    This weekend:
    Hunger Games solid 9/10. Best book adaptation I have seen in a long, long time probably since LotR. Tempted to drop it to 8 because of shaky camera early in the movie, one of the stupidest filming styles ever (surpassed only by Jeff Who Lives at Home's extreme close up style). Shaky cam works in Cloverfield or a movie supposedly filmed by hand, not at all with how the Hunger Games started out. It worked out fairly well once the movie got going, but it was incredibly noticeable and quite jarring early in the movie. Once they got on the train after the Reaping, the Games started, etc. it was much less noticeable.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 8/10. Incredibly entertaining. When Ceaser said "No" I was amazed. Didn't know that happened in the movie and had never heard it mentioned.

Attack the Block 7/10. Great low budget, no star movie.

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Independence Day 6/10

I feel the exact same way about that movie, not that I don't still love it. I compare it to Jurassic Park in context of aging. The first Jurassic Park movie still looks and feels like it could be made right now. It doesn't feel aged at all. It is a shame it won't be re-released in 3d until 2013, fuck the 3d part, because I really want to see that movie on the big screen again. My memory of anything more than 4 years ago is pretty non-existent, but I can still remember being absolutely amazed and scared out of my fucking mind when I saw Jurassic Park.