Deleted
    Super 8 (7.5/10)

Liked it, some of the acting from the children wasn't that great though.

Decent story.
    Good effects.
    Decent acting.
    Good movie overall.

I just got back from seeing the Katy Perry movie (don't laugh! My mom convinced me to go with her) and I actually really liked it. Mad respect for that girl, and it put out a really great message. 8/10

Deleted
    BASEketball 100/10 best movie ever made ever.

The Hunger Games
    100/10
    amazing amazing movie, true to the books.

Lockout 7/10 - Apart from the motorcycle getaway scene that seemed like it was made by a 5year old (CGI wise)... It was a cool movie with lots of cheesy lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    The girl with the dragon tattoo 9.5/10
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Savages- 6.5/10, It was an alright movie and the action saved it, but a lot of the story was kind of hard to sit through (as in predictable or just stupid).

Moonrise Kingdom-9/10 This movie was awesome. Even though it was a rather simple movie with little editing effects the story and the music made this film a great watch. If you like other Wes Anderson films this is not one to miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once: 3.5/4.
    A great little (Irish) musical, charming as any film you will ever see. The chemistry between the two leads, portrayed by real musicians, is beyond forces. Great, great soundtrack, and you are pulled into the movie during the first few scenes.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest: 3/4.
    I was left a little disappointed with this one, mostly because of the villain. Louise Fletcher is Nurse Ratched, a gruesome and cruel nurse who.. only is in the movie for a few scenes, who only has one face during the whole movie, and who really isn’t much of a villain. And she won the Oscar for Best Actress (when she was clearly a supporting role), and was placed number 5 on the list of best villains ever in movie history. I’m speechless.
    Jack Nicholson is great though. The movie was okay. It started out great, but slowly went downhill, taking on too much of a comedy aspect. The cast is one of the best I have ever seen, including a young Danny DeVito and a brilliant young Brad Dourif.

Death of a Superhero: 3.5/4.
    The best movie I have seen so far this year. The film chronicles around Donald, a young boy with cancer, who has a talent for drawing. He escapes the reality and his problems to go into his own world of superheroes, where he is a hero, and he is destined to save other people. Meanwhile, in the real life, he is in crisis, as he wants to have sex once before he dies. This might sound a little weird, and might scare some off, but it is a beautiful part of the film, and it seems natural, unexplainably. He also sees a therapist, played by the great Andy Serkis without any CGI. And beside all the chaos going on in Donald’s life, he is still on the move to find real love. This is a great, but small British drama, which had a limited release this year in may. Not many people have seen it, but for me, this was a great, great film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immortals: 4/10. Feel like I've seen the same movie about 8 times. And they butchered Greek culture.

Just saw Brave, I actually had no idea what the plot was, I knew something about a bear, whatever.

So going in to it, I expected a high action fantasy flick (I guess more like How to train Your Dragon, in a way) and it's really not, now I wasn't disappointed with this myself, I enjoyed the hell out of the movie, but I can see why others may be disappointed themselves. I really loved the atmosphere, the music, and the characters. I loved Mirida (sp?), why doesn't more kid oriented movies have more females like her?

So, not a very detailed "review", I'll give it a 9/10.

American Reunion 5/10 if you never saw their movies, 9/10 for someone watching them +growing up with them a bit.

-I watched I think 3 american pies as a late teen, then they had a lot of straight to dvd releases without the main cast, didn't bother watching those. Watching Reunion now, it struck a nice chord with me because I'm 23 now, and am facing a lot of the changes that they are dealing with, less fun college life more grown up responsibilities type thing. So weirdly enough, I got a lot of feels along with the laughter, because it's not just their teen days that were ending, it was mine too. I loved the characters a lot from the first movie and it was really cool to see what they were all up to, like an extended 80s movie ending made into a movie. Kevin looks so weird, others are exactly the same.

Brokeback Mountain - 8/10
    Never saw until now, I remember both sides of the reception back when it came out and just avoided it for a little bit, kind of expected it to be a bit different from what I imagined from the reviews. I expected a badly put together exploitative "we're so forward thinking making a gay movie" type of thing, but I felt quite emotional watching it, and almost cried towards the end. It's pretty slow paced but the acting was pretty good and I think it's just like any love story really, just happens to have two dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Sky 6/10

The setting is hilarious.
    But one role just lost 3 points for the movie. I just hated the propaganda woman. Just hated here in her role that much, that I don't give 9/10. And I don't really know why.

Deleted
    Iron Sky 4/10

I had high expectations for this movie and I think it had potential to be really good, it just wasn't. I hated how the nazi woman switched sides and all I got out of the movie was multiculti propaganda. Meh.

Deleted
    Once Upon a Time In America 9/10

My dad wanted me to watch it with him, and I highly enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Jennifer's Body 0.5/10

No comments...

10+ Year Old Account
    Source Code 9.5/10

Deleted
    The Amazing Spiderman

7,5/10

Was well entertained for the duration of the film. It felt a bit strange to see Spider-Man in a different way, when we have just seen a whole trilogy, but the plot was different enough, to not feel like you knew what was gonna happen the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextana View Post
    The Amazing Spiderman

7,5/10

Was well entertained for the duration of the film. It felt a bit strange to see Spider-Man in a different way, when we have just seen a whole trilogy, but the plot was different enough, to not feel like you knew what was gonna happen the whole time.
    I actually liked that they made him a Spider again, not just a bruiser who swings on ropes that come out of his wrists.

And with the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield, the casting of Dennis Leary, Sally Field, and Martin Sheen (you can't do better than Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben, really), I actually dived in emotionally, and this put it above Avengers as my favorite Marvel film yet.

9/10
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    A Heartland Christmas

9/10

Spoiler: Its about saving horses.

The Amazing Spiderman, 7.8 I enjoyed it the actor as Spiderman was great as well as Martin Sheen as uncle ben. The bad guy was just, meh.
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

Deleted
    The Amazing Spider-Man. 5/10

It wasn't as bad as I expected - it offered a few quirks and was certainly watchable, but there was so much "hit-and-miss" throughout the movie that put me off. At points the plot was so vague and certain details didn't make any sense at all. Why wouldn't he remove the name-marking on his camera flash, especially since he would use it to take evidential pictures of the Lizard, masked as Spider-Man? Why would a high-status research facility bring new interns, in street clothes, into a sterile lab? Why would a research team even share space like that of an office space? And what kind of weird machine produces whatever chemical compound you want, with a relatively short time-frame, based on user input? And how does a normal watch, albeit modified, support ~80kg or so? The list goes on... I know this is science fiction, but it can at least make some sense. I can buy the lab part, but the name-tag on the camera and the super-watch(es)? That's a bit too vague.

All in all I enjoyed the plot and screenplay a lot more than in the 2002-version, but the overall end result was better in the earlier movie. The Amazing Spider-Man is just too uneven, shifting from crap to good between scenes. Also, Andrew Garfield is not fitting for a dorky Peter Parker (at least compared to Tobey Maguire), but did the cheesy role of Spider-Man (and a more mature Parker) very well. Also, Emma Stone automatically makes this movie watchable.