10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P.D.: 3 / 10

Men in Black meets Ghostbusters, minus the humor and fun! Points awarded for Stephanie Szostak, Mary-Louise Parker, and Marissa Miller.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Warm Bodies: 7/10

I started watching it expecting Twilight with zombies and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't great by any stretch, but it was much, much better than expected.

Wreck-it-Ralph; 9/10

Easily the best animated movie I've seen that didn't originate from Pixar. After seeing this and Brave, I was infuriated at first that Brave won, but I can see how Brave has a more general appeal I suppose. The acting in this was incredible. I didn't really think of Sarah Silverman as a person capable of pulling off voice acting a child, but wow. Jane Lynch was much better than I normally expect of her. Felix was done very well and Ralph was an incredible character. That said, Turbo's actor went a liiiiiittle overboard. Still a very very good movie.

Deleted
    Just re watched Dreamcatcher and once again, I was super confused at the beginning thinking if this was the right movie or not. Lol.

Either way, it was fairly entertaining as the other times but meep. 5/10

Deleted
    Oblivion. 8/10
    I quite enjoyed it.

The Conjuring. 10/10

First time I've ever screamed out loud during a horror movie in the theater. Great concept, great actors, great directing. Definitely worth a watch for anyone who enjoys scary movies.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Oblivion, 5/10.

It's rare I rate anything below 6, or even 7, but this movie was just boring most of the time.

Deleted
    Angel Heart (1986) 1/10

everytime i turn off a movie i rate it 1/10 and soon as Robert de Niro´s character said something that gave the plot away i turned it off.

Deleted
    The Cabin in the Woods

I wasn't expecting much out of it. I heard it was horror but not serious, so I went in mind with it being something like Scary Movie. Turns out it wasn't like that, it was better!

Really enjoyed it, I so was not expecting the movie to be like this, at all. It was actually pretty great.

8/10

Spoilers -> I wish we could have been able to see the gods but I guess not. At least we know one of them is a humanoid, I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-07-25 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    Pacific Rim
    9/10
    Make sure to keep your jaw when walking out of the cinema!

Man of Steel.
    Wouldn't bother trying to change that movie it was so horrendously shit I walked out on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pac Rim, 9/10. Felt too short at times, and dragged on at others. Not enough robot fights >.> And no kissy kiss at the end, blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Conjuring, probably an 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Pac Rim, 9/10. Felt too short at times, and dragged on at others. Not enough robot fights >.> And no kissy kiss at the end, blah.
    I was actually happy about that, haha. I thought it would've been sooo cheesy and forced. But that's just me.

Deleted
    Gran Torino, 10/10. I absolutely enjoyed this movie. This movie was wonderful, I don't see how people can critique this movie, just because some small time actors play the younger cast it shouldn't distract you of how badass Clint Eastwood really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Wolverine. 10/10. Succeeded my very low expectations. Im giving it this for a very thought out out plot(won't say well written, but hell, what is these days, we'll always find something to nitpick on) a change in environment for once, and very, very badass females, which is rare in a superhero macho-man movie. Viper was amazing, and stole the movie for me, seriously wish there were more characters like her. This movie has alot going on in it, and it's pretty fun keeping up with it. Also, that mid credit scene is quite possibly the best after-credit scene ever. Great experience all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wolverine. 5/10. If I had I had to describe this movie as simple as possible, I would simply say: "Dull and uninspired". Action sequences were just a snooze worthy blur of hacks and slashes. Pretty much everything that dripped from Hugh Jackman's mouth was a corny one liner. Ending twist was predictable as fuck. Love interest was forced. The cliche "dead partner contacting me from beyond the grave" hallucinations got on my nerves. Only reason I even went was because my mom loves Hugh Jackman and she had no one else to go with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only God Forgives. I'm a fan of Drive and Bronson. I'm all for "Artsy" movies with drawn out scenes, but this movie had no character development and hardly any story. 3/10. 3 only because of violence and Ryan Gosling looks amazing as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pacific Rim - 8/10

Dialogue and story bothered me too much to be perfect, however the action was just incredible.

Pacific Rim = 8/10. Mind blowing eye candy. Your inner child (the one that doesn't care about plot holes, good acting, or storyline) will absolutely love it.

The Details = 6/10. This seems like something the Cohens could have picked up and ran with. Laura Linney absolutely kills it as the cat lady, but otherwise, a little lacking.

Audition = 3/10. Probably the most overrated horror flick I've seen in quite some time.

Cabin in the Woods = 7/10. a pretty neat and highly entertaining twist on horror flick conventions.

silver linings playbook.

6/10

it started out well but i felt it cheapened and undermined the serious issue of mental illness. the last third of the film was really awful.