I am Mother - 7/10

Really good Netflix movie and well worth the time to watch.
    while it's not the newest of stories but a very interesting spin on the whole machine vs man most are used to seeing. The acting was really good and the special effects and sets were really well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cold Pursuit: 7 ~ 10 I enjoyed a lot of the humor and violence, but I'm kind of over Liam Neeson being a badass and murdering everyone. Oh! Tom Bateman was nice and slimy.

Spider-Man: Far From Home: 9 ~ 10 Not too shabby. Fun and light with good humor. Gyllenhaal was solid. Bonus point for a few surprises leading into the next round of Marvel films.

Woody Woodpecker: 0 ~ 10 Do you know someone with kids? Do you hate that person?

You Were Never Really Here: 8.5 ~ 10 Engrossing. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed film violence until I wasn't given any.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Swiss Army Man
    9/10 - I thought it would just be a shit Daniel Radcliffe movie about fart jokes (which it is kind of) but it's actually so much more than that and really explores the effects of loneliness and depression. Also it's super weird. Would recommend.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Star Wars: A Rogue One Story is on TV right now and omg it's soooooooooooooo incredibly boring. I mean, all Star Wars movies are usually boring, this one is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they see US. 6/10
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been watching a lot of movies lately (which is weird for me).

Sicario 2 7/10

Pretty good, but the first one was a lot better.

American Made 7/10

It wasn't too bad.

Jurassic World 2 8/10

Fun times!

Star Wars: Solo 9/10

I was pleasantly surprised by this, it was a lot better than any of the other new Star Wars movies. A movie nobody wanted ended up being better than the other stuff.

Jumanji Sequel: 8/10

Fun! And oh my god that redhead was hot.

First Man: 9/10

Loved it, the sound design was phenomenal. The overall story could have used more stuff from Armstrong's life.

Alita 1/10

Holy fuck what bullshit. Total complete waste of everyone's time, money and resources.

I Am Mother 6/10

Decent. Unfortunately I watched the trailer beforehand which ruined the story. Fucking trailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Star Wars: A Rogue One Story is on TV right now and omg it's soooooooooooooo incredibly boring. I mean, all Star Wars movies are usually boring, this one is ridiculous.
    best thing was prime vader kicking ass at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spider-man Far From Home - 10/10
    I really enjoyed this movie. A bit slow begining but once it get going it is non stop fun. Humor was great, action was great, story was not great... but really solid.
    It is by far the best action they have ever done with Spider-man, really creative fighting sequences. The villains were used in a great fun way with nice callbacks to other MCU movies. I am not a big fan of romance in these superhero movies because usully it really sucks... I am looking at you Jane and Thor... However the chemistry between Tom and Zendaya is great and their romance is pretty akward but fits perfectly.
    Then we have the two, yes two credit scenes... Last time around they gave us patience, this time they gave us so, sooo much more. The first one sets up the future of spider-man and intoduces us to some new characters never seen in the MCU. While the second one is giving us a hint were the MCU are headed now after Endgame but also makes this movie even more fun to re-watch.

I'm not gonna lie. After Endgame I did not really feel the need for more MCU movies. They ended so many characters story arc in a good way and it just felt perfect.
    However now with this movie they have reignited my spark once more. I can't wait to see what they will be doing, loved this movie and it is IMO worth seeing in the cinemas.

I Am Mother & Alita: Battle Angel. no clue how to rate stuff but i enjoyed them.. the worlds depicted where awesome.. the stories where average i guess.

also saw captain marvel not long ago. not sure why people are whining about that one.
    it was way better than some of the more popular ones (- some shitty cgi)
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Bohemian Rhapsody - 3/10 - utterly vapid character development, overstated teeth, and for the love of God, News of the World was released about 3 years before the movie implies. Dumpster fire.

Solo - 8/10 - cliche first 15 minutes, and then improves. Theres a timeline issue that rears its head later on, but this was quite entertaining

The Lion King (2019) 6.5/10

Got to see an early screening and... what to say? Well, the visuals are amazing. No denying. Voice actors do a good job.
    Story:
    the story is the exact same as the original. A few things were cut, a few others were added. The added stuff is insignificant. There is nothing surprising in the entire movie what so ever.

The biggest issue is that the animals look... like animals. They move like them, they fight like them, and they have the same facial expressions - none what so ever. So almost all of the charm of the original is lost, with nothing to replace it. There is no love, no curiosity, no terror, no remorse.

Hans Zimmers Soundtrack is amazing, some of the vocalized songs are good, some are weird. Be Prepared got butchered, imho.

This movie felt pointless. It takes a lot away from the original and adds nothing of value to it. Didn't stir any emotions. It's not a bad movie, but it's not a good one either. If you have the chance, watch the original instead. Superior in any conceivable way.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Solo - 8/10 - cliche first 15 minutes, and then improves. Theres a timeline issue that rears its head later on, but this was quite entertaining
    There is?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

There is?
    If they're implying that the leader of the Crimson Dawn is Darth Maul, I'd say so . Perhaps I'm misinformed, but that is how I took it.

edit: A bit of Google fu... yeah, that's absolutely lame of them to pull that sort of stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If they're implying that the leader of the Crimson Dawn is Darth Maul, I'd say so . Perhaps I'm misinformed, but that is how I took it.

edit: A bit of Google fu... yeah, that's absolutely lame of them to pull that sort of stunt.
    Ah, I thought that's what you were talking about. He did get an interesting arc in Rebels, though!

SpiderMan - Spiderverse 9/10: Something fells a little off about it, I think the slow beginning takes a point off, but... This might be the best Spiderman movie. Personally I still hold the OG Spiderman above, Amazing SM is meh, and the recent one is great but... they've had so many shots at it I can't put it above Spiderverse.
    That's a bit of a rating tangent, Spiderverse is great, go see it.

Alita - Battle Angel 3.6R/10: Not great, not terrible. There is some solid action here, and a story that starts off very tuned for immature audiences and then gets oddly mature. The story really just feels like the tale of 2 stories. Half young adult novel, half mature ideas and story.

Aquaman 6/10: It's... a decent DC movie. It's not WW good, but it isn't too far off. Also Aquaman in general (the comic) struggles ever so slightly to be put into a serious format, and that's where this movie kind of struggles.

Toy Story 4 and it was much better than word of mouth had told me (my co-workers were all kind of underwhelmed. Suffice to say they were wrong IMO.) It perfectly sets up what I believe will and should happen if Toy Story 5 happens; Woody and Bo Peep end up back with Andy and his 8 year-old son to bring Woddy full circle. He never could get over being apart from Andy since Bonnie didn't care much for him.

Annabelle Comes Home - 0/10, was bored out of my mind.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

The new Hellboy. 6.5 out of 10. Certainly not as bad as most people were saying it was. A bit over the top but a decently fun.

Brightburn. 7.5 out of 10. Good stuff, nice take on the the superhero genre. I hope they create a little universe out of this.

Detective Pikachu. 8.0 A lot better than I was expecting, and I had a lot of fun with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lion King (2019)
    3/10

As I wrote in another thread

Actors are great and the visuals are great, unfortunately the two together are as disjointed as me in a kids jungle gym. Either go watch this movie if you are deaf or blind, not both....

I honestly think this is one of the worst of the Disney remakes. I liked Aladdin more. at least the visuals matched with the acting. Onto Little Mermaid and Mulan next I guess...
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-07-25 at 10:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Alita Battle Angel: 7.5/10

Don't know why this movie got so much hate, maybe they've read the comics. I was very pleasantly surprised when I watched it. Ten times better then most standard superhero movie avengers action.

Annabelle: Annabelle Comes Home. I'd rate it 4/10. The story is really lacking
    Last edited by Saiteck; 2019-07-13 at 08:39 PM.

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed