Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
    I haven't really seen any discussion of the new alchemy trinket that's coming in the next patch. Is it worth using over the other options?

I was planning to go Bell/DMC:V like most people are, but I'm kind of hoping that this is a viable (and cheaper) alternative to DMC:V.
    The 351 intellect (+40 gem, +10 bonus) is really strong, but the haste rating bonus is really sub par compared to DMC:V/TM/Stump. Unless you can benefit from the mana potion (Arcane?), it is not worth it.

I've been looking for a reliable source showing comparison of each of the glyphs, in particular I'm curious about Pyroblast vs Living Bomb comparison. Anyone got a link to a source?

Deleted
    How about Heart of Ignacious 359?
    Rawr thinks it's a little bit better than Bell and the optimizer uses it if checked together with Bell and DMC:V.

Haste gets a little low then, though :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikschbloda View Post
    Rawr thinks it's a little bit better than Bell and the optimizer uses it if checked together with Bell and DMC:V.

Terrible trinket for us, just...terrible.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Rawr has not been accurate for awhile, wait until its bugs get worked out and then it might be a semi-reliable program to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    Rawr has not been accurate for awhile, wait until its bugs get worked out and then it might be a semi-reliable program to use.
    Thanks.
    Any way to tell Rawr to stop Haste at 12.5%? It's optimizing for 15 right now. Otherwise I think Rawr is pretty darn good at telling me how to reforge etc.

Fire mage needing a bit of advice

Hey there, I was wondering if I could get some advice on my gear. I was under the impression crit was a higher multiplier then you listed it so I am not really sure what to do.

It will not let me post my armory link because I just made this mmo champion account but my char name is gergoria on mal'ganis, feel free to armory me.

I have bell of enraging resonance but is theralion's mirror really better? I even have witching hourglass with 285 int right now, is that worth using?

I also have 1600 valor points and I am currently .19% below the hit cap, any ideas on which item I can buy in order to properly regem/reforge to be at the hit cap?

Thanks

Rawr just needs some forcing- it has been pretty accurate for me and it hasn't failed me yet. You just need to make it go against its instincts (i.e. its desire to achieve a certain haste level). Even in the latest release it seems to do what I want it to do without any forcing which is a relief. You just need to know exactly what you want and how to get it.

Thanks.
    Any way to tell Rawr to stop Haste at 12.5%? It's optimizing for 15 right now. Otherwise I think Rawr is pretty darn good at telling me how to reforge etc.
    Yes- when you go to the optimizer under Additional Requirements add Haste Rating <= "the desired value that you think is too high anyway". Also, you need to always set it to optimize DPS Rating and set the thoroughness to the highest. If you get solutions under hit cap, force it by adding Hit Rating >= 1742.00 Latest build is working more than good for me- it seems almost perfect.

Thanks.
    15 % = extra tick on Combustion ? Thats, why rawr optimize that value.

Thats 811 haste rating (non goblin)
    Last edited by Everius; 2011-01-28 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everius View Post
    15 % = extra tick on Combustion ? Thats, why rawr optimize that value.
    Well, that's what the guides are telling me to not worry about (Combustion Plateaus).
    Rawr is even sacrificing crit for that 15% haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't sacrifice crit in favor of haste unless it's to get to the first haste plateau, at least for this tier. Pretty sure we can reach the second DoT tick in later tiers.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You shouldn't sacrifice crit in favor of haste unless it's to get to the first haste plateau, at least for this tier. Pretty sure we can reach the second DoT tick in later tiers.
    unless they do what they claimed they were going to by putting a stat debuff in each tier to prevent us from getting 50% crit and haste like we did in wotlk.

15+ Year Old Account
    unless they do what they claimed they were going to by putting a stat debuff in each tier to prevent us from getting 50% crit and haste like we did in wotlk.
    They never claimed that...
    BfA Beta Time

There are a lot more than two haste plateaus. For instance it's worth reforging 10 crit for 10 haste when it makes you get an extra tic of combustion during Berserking or Bloodlust. This is something that Rawr is really good at, figuring out how to reforge for extra DoT tics.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never claimed that...
    Yes they did. You sir are mis-informed, just like you were when patch 4.0 hit and you told everyone to stack mastery and use FFB.

Yes they did. You sir are mis-informed, just like you were when patch 4.0 hit and you told everyone to stack mastery and use FFB.
    I only think they mentioned something about increasing the hitcap for following tiers to make upgrades look more like upgrades.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    I only think they mentioned something about increasing the hitcap for following tiers to make upgrades look more like upgrades.
    They mentioned increasing the hit cap and possibly reducing combat ratings on a per tier basis in order to avoid the inflated ratings like we experienced in wotlk.

15+ Year Old Account
    They mentioned increasing the hit cap and possibly reducing combat ratings on a per tier basis in order to avoid the inflated ratings like we experienced in wotlk.
    They said they're increasing the hit requirement through each tier by increasing the amount needed for 1% hit to keep it important. If you've been paying attention to blizz as you should have been, they already have the gear for H DW planned and the stats decided. Each tier this expansion is going up by 13 ilvls with no random MAKE HEROIC MODES GIEF BETTER GEAR to mess up the plan. Values are set according to the end tier, not the first.

So no, they never claimed what you're claiming.
    BfA Beta Time

Well of course, but if you run in 17% below the hit cap...all that spellpower and mana will just end up fueling a bunch of misses.
    This is not a logical conclusion, there is nothing magical about hit, the reason that it is the first priority up until cap for most dps specs in most situations is simply because it provides the greatest dps increase per stat point.

You could make essentially the same fallacious argument trying to contend that crit is useless. Surely you could get unlucky, and all that spellpower, and mana will just end up fueling a bunch of hits that only do normal damage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is not a logical conclusion, there is nothing magical about hit, the reason that it is the first priority up until cap for most dps specs in most situations is simply because it provides the greatest dps increase per stat point.

You could make essentially the same fallacious argument trying to contend that crit is useless. Surely you could get unlucky, and all that spellpower, and mana will just end up fueling a bunch of hits that only do normal damage?
    Except crit and hit work in completely opposite ways, and you're trying to refute an argument that wasn't made. I mean, I know the word of the day calendar is awesome, but at least try to avoid using superfluous diction when it is not called for.

Crit, Haste, and Mastery give BONUS damage, as in you still do damage without any of the aforementioned stats. With Hit however, it works in the inverse. If you are below the hit cap, you stand to potentially lose damage below the norm. Now, all stats have a potential to DR where 1 point of Crit simply isn't worth as much as it used to (at the end of WotLK, I had more crit than I knew what to do with, so all upgrades were in the Haste department), but Hit is the only one you ACTUALLY want to hard cap. Yes, Int is worth more DPS per point than Hit simply because of how it interacts with our mana pool, spellpower, and burn rotations; not because Hit is an intrinsically bad stat. If you are below Hit cap, you are losing DPS compared to someone who is at Hit cap, since you cannot reforge away Int for Hit, assuming meta gems being equal here of course.

...nascent.
    BfA Beta Time