Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So....I wanna roll a male worgen....but I'ma chick

I've been leveling a "quasi-main" so I can feed my worgen money and items when Cataclysm drops. However, I was questing through Duskwood and there is a quest for you to go kill some worgen. While I'm hacking and slashing away I get "bit" and I get a debuff for a minute that turns me into worgen. So my little female paladin BOOM goes all rawr. So I'm just running around at this huge hulking worgen and I think "Dammit I want to always be a huge hulking rawr worgen this is awesome!!!"

But deep down it makes me feel weird. Many many moons ago I did play males but now all of my toons are female. I know we're cool with guys rolling female toons 80% of the guys I know play a female toon. But it seems it's weird for a girl to roll a male toon. I get called "dude" anyways but if I admit like in a party I'm a chick would it freak people out?Thoughts? Am I just being paranoid or is it really weird?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what you want, don't care about random strangers opinions.
    Yes I see the irony in this statement.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Play as whatever you wanna play as.

There's no real reason to bring gender into the game outside of your guild...

I'm still going to hit on you and /lick when I run by.
    Gender doesn't matter.

Haha i know what you mean. I have some male characters, but most are female, and i'm a guy in real life. I got my girlfriend into WoW and she has a male character among all her female character. And it's just funny to see me on my female character saying ''Hey, He's my gf irl''

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it, WoW makes chicks look like either pansies or ugly lesbo-trons.

My opinion is, you should do what you enjoy. So in a couple days, go roll that male worgen! =)

If I compare the male and female worgen models then I'm sorry, but it's male every time. They are awesome looking while the female, well, looks about as bad as the male nelf, male human and female tauren to me (read: not good).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Play as whatever you wanna play as.

There's no real reason to bring gender into the game outside of your guild...
    Its not weird for a female to play a male character. It is afterall a fantasy game.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do it. Half my toons are male (including my main!!!) and there's nothing wrong with that. Nobody ever seems to care when they hear me on vent.

Thanks guys! I know I will roll a female worgen but I do like but them I'll roll a male too! I just feel there is this double standard when it comes to toons but I'ma chuck it out the window.

Girls will be girls...why would you want to resemble your avatar to be a male in the first place. Anyways, girls play game are specials...unless you're Penny from The Big Bang Theory but that didn't last long.

I'm a girl and most of my characters are male. I do it mostly because I love big beefy male shoulders. Females tend to look generic and boring in their armor. I don't understand this reluctance of some players to play genders that aren't their own. You're most likely playing a species that isn't your own anyway, so what's the big deal?

Hey do what ever you feel like =)!!! Im a girl too, and my Hunter, Priest, Deathknight, Rogue, Druid, and mage are all Troll Males. I have a friend who tend oly to play Bloodelf males. I dont think its wierd playing a guy toon in wow. Comon, were girls all the time, and its a fantasy game, so you can be whatever U CANT be in RL =) being a human female is just too boring tbh =P (no offence to those who like it). And when people go, "OMG ure a girl but ur toon is a male!?!?" i just go "yeh, why would i want to check out a female? =P"
    Pokemon Y Friendcode, PM if you wanna add: 3797-7990-5163
    IGN: GLITCH

well youre playing a character in an mmo to impersonate somebody else than you. meaning your character doesnt have to match your rl looks in any way, its totally up to your own imagination and liking what youre impersonating and what your not.

so enjoy playing the manliest alliance race as a female irl as much as you want!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half the guys don't believe your a chick even if you do play a female character anyway! Know from personal experience lol

Just let them call you "dude"? It's pretty neutral anyway, and there's really no good reason to advertise your gender unless you're fishing for special treatment from dumbfucks.

Like Nike would say "Just Do it."

It's really not a big deal. People do it every day, have since Vanilla.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I don't see why people need to know which gender you are.
    "Dude" is a unisex word which works for females as well as males.

Why on earth do you feel the need to advertise what sort of body parts you've got?