Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiesncreme View Post
    World of Warcraft has turned into World of Whinecraft.
    World of Warcraft has had it's share of whiners for a while, I'm honestly surprised we're not seeing people bitch that the water looks too wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    BLizz has been working on this game fr years now, probably more years than you've been alive from what i've seen....

They've put millions of dollars and have all their staff examining what needs to be done and whats best for the game.

This is one of them.
    Ohhhh, please. You're saying everything Blizz does is sacred. They know that's not true and so do you. How many times have they back-pedaled on ideas they said they'd never do...

Faction changes?
    Race changes?
    Characters on both sides of a PvP realm?

Please...

The wall of text hit me harder than the music hit MC Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill00x View Post
    so i guess if your in a restaurant you order a salad and they bring you soup your not supposed to complain? the fact is portals were a service accessable to all players but just because you no longer want to use them then that means the rest of us that do arent entitled to do so? since when did you $15 a month become more important than others?people dont want to use portals fine dont use them but dont try to enforce your play style on others that choose to use them in fact as they say theres a whole new world of content to explore. when your not around teammates going into a dungeon then by all means take the flightpath and fly to them instead of clicking the instant port into a dungeon after all portals are no longer needed then i guess you wont have an problem asking teams to wait while you taxi from borean tundra to ulduar just for a Hall of Lightning run? better yet lets get rid of summoning stones since those create portals for quick travel and we all hate portals now right? if were in the mood to sightsee and not click on ports then get rid of them all not just town portals. no more shatt to quel danas dalaran to CoT or stair of destiny back to org/SW. that way the only way to reach outland will be thru the dark portal.i mean you want ALL portals gone then stop being a hypocrite and remove them even the mage spells lets force players to use boats and flying exclusively no exception then the anti portal people will be happy since were all having to travel the same way
    Yknow, I'd usually give a smartass answer.
    This doesn't even deserve said smartass answer.
    Three words: DEAL WITH IT.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only portal I reaaally miss is the one from Dalaran to Shattrath. Such a long way. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Ohhhh, please. You're saying everything Blizz does is sacred. They know that's not true and so do you. How many times have they back-pedaled on ideas they said they'd never do...

Faction changes?
    Race changes?

Please...
    If you don't like it, stop playing. Simple isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundeffects View Post
    No portals brings back that classic feeling...plus you can freaking fly anywhere now
    yeah you can fly anywhere i guess thats why people flew into dalaran to grab a portal to ironforge or SW cos dalaran gave them the freedom to fly?

Deleted
    Long story short: He QQ's NOW, he won't care in less then 24 hours...
    Wait...and...see

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard reads randoms threads on MMO-Champion...
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

so i guess if your in a restaurant you order a salad and they bring you soup your not supposed to complain? the fact is portals were a service accessable to all players but just because you no longer want to use them then that means the rest of us that do arent entitled to do so? since when did you $15 a month become more important than others?people dont want to use portals fine dont use them but dont try to enforce your play style on others that choose to use them in fact as they say theres a whole new world of content to explore. when your not around teammates going into a dungeon then by all means take the flightpath and fly to them instead of clicking the instant port into a dungeon after all portals are no longer needed then i guess you wont have an problem asking teams to wait while you taxi from borean tundra to ulduar just for a Hall of Lightning run? better yet lets get rid of summoning stones since those create portals for quick travel and we all hate portals now right? if were in the mood to sightsee and not click on ports then get rid of them all not just town portals. no more shatt to quel danas dalaran to CoT or stair of destiny back to org/SW. that way the only way to reach outland will be thru the dark portal.i mean you want ALL portals gone then stop being a hypocrite and remove them even the mage spells lets force players to use boats and flying exclusively no exception then the anti portal people will be happy since were all having to travel the same way
    could you at least use paragraphs so i dont have to strain at this wall of text?

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post

Faction changes?
    Race changes?

Please...
    No one said they were perfect and I wasn't referring to every problem in the game, but almost everyone agrees that removing the portals in Dal was the right thing to do and that the views of someone who cannot even punctuate their sentences properly will not change the minds of blizzard.

#1 Blizzard doesn't like petitions.
    #2 This isn't an official site - Blizzard doesn't come here to read every single thread.
    #3 Even if they did - your post is nothing new - it's one of a million portal QQ threads in the past week that get instantly locked/deleted
    #4 You will be able to fly in less than 24 hours - Mage profits will go poof.
    #5 Just because you want something doesn't mean that by getting a hundred, thousand or million other people to agree will change anything.

Give me one legitimate reason (other than convenience) why you need portals in Dal/Shatt? Pro tip: no reason is a non-convenience one which is exactly why Blizz had no problems removing them. The ONLY reason they were there before was for Class Trainers and the Auction House when having them in either city with both factions would have created too much lag.

Now that those cities are old news there won't be nearly as many people there which is why they now have trainers and an AH.

Levels 1-60 you hang out in old world - there is no back and forth to quest anymore therefore no need for portals.

Levels 60-70 you can hearth to Shatt, have a trainer and AH and can fly at level 60 instead of 70. No need for portals.

Levels 70-80 you can hearth to Dal (and FLY in Northrend at level 60 now WITHOUT the need for a level 80 to buy the BoA book) again, no need for portals.

Levels 80-85 you can hearth to Org, fly everywhere, have portals to each new zone once unlocked which links all the new zones via Org. No need for portals.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2010-12-06 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop backpedalling and address the problem posed to you by several people in this thread, or get out.

Why should there be portals in Dalaran or Shattrath? Both cities now have class trainers, and Dalran has an auction house useable by everyone, not sure about Shattrath. Somebody leveling in Outland or Northrend no longer has to leave Outland or Northrend to get training or to fix their talents, and as Northrend is about to become old content, that and achievements are all it's going to be used for. Do you understand?

Orgrimmar and Stormwind now have five shiny new portals to each of the new 80+ zones. There are portals to Vashj'ir, Hyjal, Deepholm, Uldum, and the Twilight Highlands. With the exception of Blackwing Descent at Blackrock Mountain, those five zones are where everything in Cataclysm is pretty much going to take place. That is where people will get mats for their professions, it is where they will level, it is where they will do dungeons and raid. They have absolutely no reason whatsoever to be in Northrend or Outland. There is nothing in Northrend or Outland left for them except maybe old achievements they missed. They have no reason to take portals to other main cities at all, because there are portals in Orgrimmar and Stormwind that will take them directly to where the business is. Is that terribly hard to grasp?

Now, tell me, because I'm dying to hear. Why would anyone that is not leveling want to use Dalaran or Shattrath to conduct their business?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah you can fly anywhere i guess thats why people flew into dalaran to grab a portal to ironforge or SW cos dalaran gave them the freedom to fly?
    You can fly anywhere in the old world...if your that anal on taking portals make a friend preferebly a mage

10+ Year Old Account
    I met so many people on the roads and even in cities like Exodar and Darnassus. No, I got used to it - if I gotta fly to the end of the world I just go AFK (besides you had to do the same before, not like there was a portal from Darnassus to Desolace) and getting to Shattrath or Dalaran is not necessary anymore (not in ~10 hours it wont).

The world feels instantly bigger and more populated, and that is worth my travelling time. Also bear in mind you will get portals to each new area so just set your hearthstone to Stormwind and enjoy your new Dalaran but with an AH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    Stop backpedalling and address the problem posed to you by several people in this thread, or get out.

Why should there be portals in Dalaran or Shattrath? Both cities now have class trainers, and Dalran has an auction house useable by everyone, not sure about Shattrath. Somebody leveling in Outland or Northrend no longer has to leave Outland or Northrend to get training or to fix their talents, and as Northrend is about to become old content, that and achievements are all it's going to be used for. Do you understand?

Orgrimmar and Stormwind now have five shiny new portals to each of the new 80+ zones. There are portals to Vashj'ir, Hyjal, Deepholm, Uldum, and the Twilight Highlands. With the exception of Blackwing Descent at Blackrock Mountain, those five zones are where everything in Cataclysm is pretty much going to take place. That is where people will get mats for their professions, it is where they will level, it is where they will do dungeons and raid. They have absolutely no reason whatsoever to be in Northrend or Outland. There is nothing in Northrend or Outland left for them except maybe old achievements they missed. They have no reason to take portals to other main cities at all, because there are portals in Orgrimmar and Stormwind that will take them directly to where the business is. Is that terribly hard to grasp?

Now, tell me, because I'm dying to hear. Why would anyone that is not leveling want to use Dalaran or Shattrath to conduct their business?
    About the AH, completely OT but, there are in Shattrah, in each respective Aldor/Scryer bank.

If you don't like it, stop playing. Simple isn't it?
    and you win FAIL OF THE THREAD!!!

Why so much QQ about portals?! Hum? Reroll mage then! OR:

Buy a kirin Tor ring (30m CD)= Free HS to dalaran
    Get the jaina's lockbox or whatever is called = Free HS to dalaran
    Get an Argent Tournament tabard = Free HS to Argent tournament Grounds
    With one of those you can easily set your HS to Org/Sw

'I cant afford that. blablabla'

Get Engineering!

Wormhole Generator: Free HS (each 4 hours) to Northerend!

Goblin Engineer:

Everlook transponder (?): Free HS to Everlook (4h CD)
    Area 51 transponder (?): Free HS to Outlands (4h CD and a change to get a cool thing )

Gnomish Engineer:

Gadgetzan tranponder (?): Free HS to Gadgetzan (4h CD)
    Toshley Station transponder (?): Free HS to Outlands (4h CD and a chance of getting something cool )

There's might be something else buy i'm not aware (oh if you have done the BT quests and you have the necklass you have a free HS to BT (outlands) haha)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    About the AH, completely OT but, there are in Shattrah, in each respective Aldor/Scryer bank.
    There are? Thought there must be, but it's just been a while since I've been around Shattrath so I wouldn't have noticed if there were.

Deleted
    Bring the QQ to Blizzard Suggestion Forums instead of MMO-Champion...