Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Everybody now has Legendary Daggers, GG

I am trying not to make this a whiny post as such but recently i have become annoyed by the amount of rogues that are running around with the legendary daggers- They are literally everywhere.
    I remember in WOTLK, with Valanyr for instance. It was so rare to actually see people with the mace, making the legendary item Godly. This too was also seen in tbc with the warglavies. I remember being in awe at anybody who wielded one, let alone two.
    It just feels to me like Legendaries have lost their "legendaryness". It makes me so sad when i see only pvp players running around with both daggers or people with 0 hc gear and both daggers.
    I do understand that dragonsoul has been out for a long time and therefore giving the reason to there being so many daggers around the place but i really feel as though blizzard should rethink about how legendary weapons are given. I mean, they are meant to be the best weapons in the game.
    I believe that the best way to for a legendary weapon to work should be by an extremely low drop rate and on hc mode, to limit the amount of players that can actually achieve the weapon and to make them feel special again.
    Anybody else agree or have different opinions?

World of Casualcraft. Everything for everyone. It has never worked and it never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feed the crowd for $ and €

Sad but true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the legendaries lately are insanely easy to get in. T12, we got 3 of them before T13 even dropped. T13? 2 before we quit raiding. In Wrath we could only manage one Shadowmourne.

They need to make it harder. A guild should only manage to get one of them in a tier, maybe by the near end of the tier so it's still useful, but not so easy that everyone can get it before it ends.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BT was RNG and wasn't exactly being cleared by everyone in their brother.

DS, this late in the expac, with a legendary chain that isn't RNG based, but simply grind based? Not a very good comparison.

While I feel the beginning, where they are just nice epics, is fine on normal mode to get you started, I can agree that the gems should only come from HC bosses, which would keep the actual legendaries limited to people clearing HC.

But, meh, I'm not really worked up about it either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Two things.
    You're never going to see anyone with LEGENDARY daggers without proper gear. I guess you mean the 397s. Hardly something to worry about.

Rogues were given these as an incentive since there are so few rogues.

World of Casualcraft. Everything for everyone. It has never worked and it never will.
    Please help me, I haven't figured out how to get full 410 gear without setting foot in a raid. Or the Saviour of Azeroth title.
    oh.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Didnt you get the memo? Legendary is the new purple, they lost their value some time ago

To make them more legendary, just require some heroic-only special actions that the wielder must complete during the boss fights + farming on heroic only. Problem solved. At the very least it would make them less prevelent and well, more legendary.

Deleted
    It's so easy to plow through DS HC nowdays, this obviously means that every rogue that can be bothred to pug DS every week will get it eventually

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    #
    Please help me, I haven't figured out how to get full 410 gear without setting foot in a raid. Or the Saviour of Azeroth title.
    oh.
    Do not know which kind of server you play on but everyone and their mother has that title on mine.

Deleted
    I do agree that legendaries should be rare, but there is one problem, the storyline. They can't do the both together.

At least make it impossible to get the mats while the buff is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    “I remember in Vanilla/BC/WotLK” = most used sentence on Wow forums.

OT: I partly agree, I really miss the feel of legendary weapons being LEGENDARY. Val’anyr, Frostmourne. They were godly, legendary weapons. The new daggers (I don’t even remember their names) seem like filler legendaries.

Well the content has been out for a while now. Its only natural that more people have them.

The only ppl i see with daggers, are those in full 410 gear. And in all fairness, aquiring (spelling?) them takes like 3 months or something. Which isnt all that long if you take into concideration of how long the content is out, so I guess thats why it seems like everyone has them

I think 1 legendary per 10 people per tier sounds about right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    The only ppl i see with daggers, are those in full 410 gear. And in all fairness, aquiring (spelling?) them takes like 3 months or something. Which isnt all that long if you take into concideration of how long the content is out, so I guess thats why it seems like everyone has them
    That's the point the OP is trying to make, that the daggers aren't that rare as they were supposed to be.

Deleted
    The problem is that the game game shouldnt be this much time without updates... the only way for blizzard to keep the game flowing for more people for longer its to decrease the dificulty in order to more and more people be able to experience the end-game content.

They should make legendaries only drop stuff if you disable the buff as a raid. This coming from a casual player that never had a legendary in 6 years of wow... the true apeal of legendaries is for them to be extremely rare and something you realy aspire to have even as a casual (even if you deep down feel you'll never have), not something that a very large number of people can have.

My guild had erm

0 Warglaives
    1 Bow
    2 Healing Maces
    3 Shadowmourne
    3 Staffs
    1 Dagger set.

Though It may be more staffs/daggers now, I don't play anymore and havent for some time. We only had 1 mainspec rogue in the guild but our main tanks rogue alt was quite close to getting them.

They are so easy to get because Dragon Soul is easy, even Heroic is easy with the nerf and it has been around for so long without any more filler content that it's not surprising. Ulduar was a hard instance and the drop rate was low, new content came out quite fast with T9 meaning not many got the chance. Shadowmourne was only available in 25man and took a very long time if you werent doing heroic modes, the quest challenges were reasonably challenging.

The difference is that in Cata it is simply about grinding and the content is easy, so anyone really can get the legendaries, where as before that was much more difficult.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Didnt you get the memo? Legendary is the new purple, they lost their value some time ago
    I agree with this. Basically every color has been downgraded.

Legendary = epic
    Epic = rare
    Rare = common
    Common = starting gear

Its not only the daggers, but I also see people everywhere with the T12 staff. Its sad to see that legendaries are now just pretty long quest rewards.

Let's make every item you need to make a legendary only drop once and only have a .0000000001% chance of dropping. And you'll need 50 of these items to get to the next guest which require you to get 100 of these items.

Oh and let's make it that unless your guild runs super duper hardcore epic epeen heroic mode you can't even get a chance to loot it.

And make it that if you don't get enough pieces by time the next tier, you fail and lose all hope of ever getting that legendary.

That way if anyone manages to get that legendary we will truly know they are leet and have absolutely no lives.

Oh and casual players should be forced to only stand around in rags so everyone can see how huge your epeen weapon is.

/sarcasm

Quit your qq you said it yourself. Content has been out for ages. That's given people more time to get the daggers.