Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think Lifebloom was the tempting one. Rejuv is needed to make it viable for the mana cost and Swiftmend is dam near mandatory. Lifebloom is cheap and constantly rolling yes, but it's already pretty good without the glyph. Would be nice for Regrowth to keep other heroic players topped up without diverting attention from the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would strongly reccomend using Vuhdo as a healing addon.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Deleted
    Prefer healbot for anything up to 10 man - much easier to customize and set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Power Torrent is always better by far. But, if you don't have the mats you don't have the mats. Your BiS weapon, get your guild to give you the mats or buy them. Anything outside of that, use heartsong.
    I have the mace from nefarion and the BoE offhand atm... My guild will pay for the enchant. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Krulz View Post
    I only use Regrowth glyph for Chimaeron fight and when I do that I remove the LB one. But as I said just for that fight.
    Yes, lifebloom. There aren't many other fights where people stay below 50% for very long...but there also aren't many other fights where I get to heal...

Thanks to EJ for the chart: Also, Always get 1 point above the break point or you will not get the extra tick

(Link removed)
    Hi, this is my spreadsheet you linked to, so I would like to claim credit for it as EJ has nothing to do with the spreadsheet except that I posted a link to there a couple of times. I would appreciate if you post a link to the parent page instead: theincbear.com/resto-haste-breakpoints/ Thanks.

Also, adding 1 to the rating is no longer necessary as the updated formula is able to determine if the +1 rating point is required to beat the rounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Hi, this is my spreadsheet you linked to, so I would like to claim credit for it as EJ has nothing to do with the spreadsheet except that I posted a link to there a couple of times. I would appreciate if you post a link to the parent page instead: theincbear.com/resto-haste-breakpoints/ Thanks.

Also, adding 1 to the rating is no longer necessary as the updated formula is able to determine if the +1 rating point is required to beat the rounding.
    K, np, someone linked it wrong to me =[

And thank you for taking time to make the famazing spreadshseet!

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Hi, this is my spreadsheet you linked to, so I would like to claim credit for it

If you really did make that spreadsheet, why would you advise people to not exceed a rating to recieve their extra ticks? Even if you did update your formula. Either way, having as much haste as possible reguardless of breakpoints is not a bad thing if you are using alot of your direct heals. 2004 haste seems to be the high end, and the hard to hit breakpoint without sacrificing alot of everything else.

That and I want to see how often someone can get EXACTLY at a breakpoint in game. Most times if you get EXACTLY the amount of haste you need for a breakpoint, it is by coincidence, and not by design.

I'm not sure I understand the point of your argument, because from what I'm reading it seems you're misunderstanding the point of his spreadsheet. He's not telling people what to get with that spreadsheet, he's telling them how to get it. It's not in the scope of that spreadsheet to make gearing decisions for people.

Hi guys.

I am in decked in blues/few epics.
    I currently strictly raid 25 mans, and I have already done Nefarian normal/Halfus HM.
    My mana regen is fine (Innervate at 65% + JC Trinket) + Tree at inc.

For the rest I just tend to use Rejuv/Regrowth on CC procs. Nourish with the 30% Haste buff is nice and I use it as a filler/on targets that already have Rj/WG on. WG each CD.
    I currently sit at 1661 Haste Rating/17% Mastery. What should I do? Reforge all my Haste to Mastery until i get to 1224 and then when I'll have 2004 Haste reforge back to Haste?

A druid in my guild is putting up really high HPS with my spec and 2005 haste (always on top meters with my GM Holy Pala) so really... I don't know what to do. I am always 3rd in the meters but tend to get oom pretty fast if I push myself high in HPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post
    Hi guys.

I am in decked in blues/few epics.
    I currently strictly raid 25 mans, and I have already done Nefarian normal/Halfus HM.
    My mana regen is fine (Innervate at 65% + JC Trinket) + Tree at inc.

For the rest I just tend to use Rejuv/Regrowth on CC procs. Nourish with the 30% Haste buff is nice and I use it as a filler/on targets that already have Rj/WG on. WG each CD.
    I currently sit at 1661 Haste Rating/17% Mastery. What should I do? Reforge all my Haste to Mastery until i get to 1224 and then when I'll have 2004 Haste reforge back to Haste?

A druid in my guild is putting up really high HPS with my spec and 2005 haste (always on top meters with my GM Holy Pala) so really... I don't know what to do. I am always 3rd in the meters but tend to get oom pretty fast if I push myself high in HPS.
    the 2005 haste is a big difference in HC aparently, I would push that, if your running oom pushing yourself it'll be your gear, so not much you can do about that, are you trading innervates?

EDIT: looked at your armory, try to go for the faction neck instead of the pvp, if your running oom you may want less pvp gear in general.
    Last edited by mmoc1cd9ad8285; 2011-02-21 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    the 2005 haste is a big difference in HC aparently, I would push that, if your running oom pushing yourself it'll be your gear, so not much you can do about that, are you trading innervates?

EDIT: looked at your armory, try to go for the faction neck instead of the pvp, if your running oom you may want less pvp gear in general.
    Thanks. At the moment I'm trying to get the Baradin Wardens Trinket and the Wildhammer Neck.
    Next week I should be getting the T11 Legs thus the 2pc bonus. Let's see if something will improve
    Yes we are trading innervates

10+ Year Old Account
    As said, the 2005 break point will up your hps a ton.

Resilience gear really, really hurts healers now unlike in Wrath. Since the pieces you have take resil, you don't have an extra stat. And that extra stat most of the time is haste. Having to reforge out of spi to haste to hit caps, and gem full haste gems, is hurting you more than helping you. You will get more int and SP off resil stuff if it's vs a blue, but with our strict haste cap and mana problems it's not worth loosing those secondary stats to resil.

You want to hit haste caps without ever using 40 haste gems. 40 haste just cuts down throughput too much. Also, while the BW trink is a great regen trink, once again you'll be loosing throughput. Since you aren't having mana problems, it would be better to use an int/spi trink to still get more regen, but not take such a huge healing hit. You don't have spi on your weap, you don't have spi on most of your gear, you have one trink with a haste proc(which haste procs are probably the worse for us). Until you get a bit better gear, you may just not be able to push as much as you'd like.

2 piece is super underwhelming for restos. If you don't see your 4 piece in the near future I would put those VP to better use, like the trink, the boots(which are BiS), the ring which will also be a huge up.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-02-21 at 05:24 PM.

as the main post points out that Int is generally better mana regen then spirit is, should i just focus on int and leave spirit in the dark? or should i get a healthy mix of both? or is spirit still prefered?
    little confusing since ive been every healer with the exception of a druid, recently i took my druid out from under the dust and im quite fond of the healing.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

all the spirit you need should come from your gear. dont ever gem for it unless it comes with a good socket bonus, even then use an Int/spi gem. all of your gems should be focused on intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Cer said, don't gem or enchant for it or anything, but you do want a healthy amount of spi on your gear. Int is 'better' but to totally ignore spi wont happen for a few tiers if ever.

Some top HM druids I've seen reforge every single piece to have spi on it. Only take as much as you need, but don't ignore it.

K, np, someone linked it wrong to me =[

And thank you for taking time to make the famazing spreadshseet!
    Err... no problem, thanks. But Reesi and me are two different druids, I'm just a guest author on her blog...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheway View Post
    If you really did make that spreadsheet, why would you advise people to not exceed a rating to recieve their extra ticks? Even if you did update your formula. Either way, having as much haste as possible reguardless of breakpoints is not a bad thing if you are using alot of your direct heals. 2004 haste seems to be the high end, and the hard to hit breakpoint without sacrificing alot of everything else.

That and I want to see how often someone can get EXACTLY at a breakpoint in game. Most times if you get EXACTLY the amount of haste you need for a breakpoint, it is by coincidence, and not by design.
    The purpose of the spreadsheet is to calculate how much Rating is required to achieve the tick. Theorycrafts based on sustainable throughput do suggest that Haste Rating in between breakpoints is inferior to the other stats available, but it probably won't hurt to exceed it by a little.

As said, the 2005 break point will up your hps a ton.

Resilience gear really, really hurts healers now unlike in Wrath. Since the pieces you have take resil, you don't have an extra stat. And that extra stat most of the time is haste. Having to reforge out of spi to haste to hit caps, and gem full haste gems, is hurting you more than helping you. You will get more int and SP off resil stuff if it's vs a blue, but with our strict haste cap and mana problems it's not worth loosing those secondary stats to resil.

You want to hit haste caps without ever using 40 haste gems. 40 haste just cuts down throughput too much. Also, while the BW trink is a great regen trink, once again you'll be loosing throughput. Since you aren't having mana problems, it would be better to use an int/spi trink to still get more regen, but not take such a huge healing hit. You don't have spi on your weap, you don't have spi on most of your gear, you have one trink with a haste proc(which haste procs are probably the worse for us). Until you get a bit better gear, you may just not be able to push as much as you'd like.

2 piece is super underwhelming for restos. If you don't see your 4 piece in the near future I would put those VP to better use, like the trink, the boots(which are BiS), the ring which will also be a huge up.
    Replaced yesterday the Haste proc trinket with Jar of Ancient remedies wich is currently giving me a lot of Spi wich I loose from some equips.

I also have 1.3k Valors and I really dont know if I should spend them on the Boots or on the Legs when I reach 2.2k :
    I really dont see the 4pc in the future but I don't like the idea to miss opportunities and "waste" valors so...

the boots are BIS and will stick with you for quite a while (till next content tier unless you see sinestra or H cho'gall in your progression before that happens). the prices have been falling pretty rapidly for the boots on my server so you might get lucky and be able to buy them relatively cheaply. assuming you would be willing to spend the gold to begin with. if you go this route you will be able to get the boots and legs in a much shorter time span.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2011-02-25 at 03:58 PM.

Is it at all possible to hit 2005 haste rating w/o the 5% druid and warlock DI buff? at least, without having mostly Heroic gear?

I can now hit that number with 5% + DI, reforging some mastery to haste and having 358 ilvl gear.