Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Not saying that this has to do with wikileaks, but a lot of those things don't seem that bad. Like the last one about the arrest warrants? Thats just common sense. Basically, the US government says "There's a bad guy in Italy who needs to be arrested and you have to go get him."
    The agents are not to blame, and it would be much more embarrassing if they were told to do that, then not given protection. Of course the CIA is going to protect these men, its the CIA's fault that they are in trouble to begin with. Same thing with the charges against those soldiers in Spain. The government's mistakes should not be paid for by its servants.
    but in this case it is only the servants, willing servants mind you, that can be held accountable... this guy was not a terroist - just a preacher

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nikogrel View Post
    Too bad none of those things really affect our lives any. The only thing which comes close to actually affecting us is the "potential" release of enriched uranium... and nothing actually leaked out so there was no need to really inform the masses.
    so its okay that the CIA kidnaps ppl, torture and dump them and nothing is done because its not affecting "us"... when does it affect "us" then? The US is breaking laws in other countries while threatening governments to do nothing about it

Deleted
    There's nothing in the leaks posted that strikes me as unusual, or particularly terrible, the worst among them as far as I see is the Spying on the UN, but frankly, it's a good thing that someone is spying on the joke of an organisation it is, and I'd be quite surprised if other countries weren't doing very much the same.

The others were all obvious, America protecting american agents, damn how dare they look after the people they put in harms way on a daily basis. And the enriched uranium, sure let the press advertise free weapons grade uranium to every terrorist who happens to watch the news, that makes sense, or keep it quiet and sort it out..

All wikileaks is doing is making politicians with dirty secrets squirm, it's fun to watch, and not a bad thing, but I've yet to see anything truly shocking in any of the cables published. It's the equivelant of someone publishing my Internet history when I was a 14 year old boy with the Internet, I'm not proud of it, but its no worse than anyone elses secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalroth View Post
    There's nothing in the leaks posted that strikes me as unusual, or particularly terrible, the worst among them as far as I see is the Spying on the UN, but frankly, it's a good thing that someone is spying on the joke of an organisation it is, and I'd be quite surprised if other countries weren't doing very much the same.

The others were all obvious, America protecting american agents, damn how dare they look after the people they put in harms way on a daily basis. And the enriched uranium, sure let the press advertise free weapons grade uranium to every terrorist who happens to watch the news, that makes sense, or keep it quiet and sort it out..

All wikileaks is doing is making politicians with dirty secrets squirm, it's fun to watch, and not a bad thing, but I've yet to see anything truly shocking in any of the cables published. It's the equivelant of someone publishing my Internet history when I was a 14 year old boy with the Internet, I'm not proud of it, but its no worse than anyone elses secrets.
    so its not terrible to kidnap and torture random ppl without consequences?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    so its not terrible to kidnap and torture random ppl without consequences?
    You're missing the point, I'm talking about wikileaks as an entity, not about what the american government are guilty of. Yes some terrible and inexcusable things have been done, but we would of known about that without wikileaks.(and frankly, long before Julian assange came along people knew bad things were happening that we weren't being told about)

incidentally, I'd never try to defend torturing another human being, but I dare say people would be far more annoyed if a terrorist blew up an airport and he wasn't arrested before hand just in case they were wrong.

You're missing the point, I'm talking about wikileaks as an entity, not about what the american government are guilty of. Yes some terrible and inexcusable things have been done, but we would of known about that without wikileaks.(and frankly, long before Julian assange came along people knew bad things were happening that we weren't being told about)

incidentally, I'd never try to defend torturing another human being, but I dare say people would be far more annoyed if a terrorist blew up an airport and he wasn't arrested before hand just in case they were wrong.
    so torture and kidnapping is okay since the goals justify the means...

we know they do bad stuff - with wikileaks we know what

Deleted
    so torture and kidnapping is okay since the goals justify the means...

we know they do bad stuff - with wikileaks we know what
    Not quite, I think you misinterpret what I wrote, there's no doubt that certain individuals were treated very poorly at best, but wikileaks hasn't, as far as I'm aware given any relevant information about that, do we really want to know exactly what happened to them? I for one don't care specifically what was done, only that it was done, and the people relevant are held to account. That can and will be done without the help of wikileaks.

Not quite, I think you misinterpret what I wrote, there's no doubt that certain individuals were treated very poorly at best, but wikileaks hasn't, as far as I'm aware given any relevant information about that, do we really want to know exactly what happened to them? I for one don't care specifically what was done, only that it was done, and the people relevant are held to account. That can and will be done without the help of wikileaks.
    but they werent held to account and has shown that not only does the US pressure governments but the german government allowed it and hid it from the public

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalonyx View Post
    The people from the american government are retarded. they throw theirselfs in every happening in the world and try to bring democracy where it ISNT needed. A top of that they keep things secret like area 51 and other stuff thats just retarded because everyone got the right to know.
    We cant walk to area 51 because its "top secret"but that fags are checking US with satallites(big brother is watching you, yeah my ass).

It's a little off topic even though it's connected, but I'd actually disagree, I think there are things that absolutely should be kept secret from the general public. There's no doubt things that are secret which probably shouldn't be, but for the most part, especially where the military is concerned (which is what area 51 more than likely is), it's better for us all if it's kept secret.

If this scumbag were an American, he would be shot by a firing squad for treason. (Or would he? It feels like we are trying to set Muhummad McBombyourhouse free and give him a penthouse in Beverly Hills these days). Since he is not an American, he has committed an ACT OF WAR.

Merc his ass. I mean like 11k Rip ticks merc his ass. Send in Jason Bourne with a magazine.

Deleted
    but they werent held to account and has shown that not only does the US pressure governments but the german government allowed it and hid it from the public
    And what difference does telling everyone about it make? If the country who it affects isn't willing to do anything about it, what is the general public going to do? The only thing it could possibly achieve is to increase national tension between countries, which is something no one wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    this all hinges on if he actively sought or participated in obtaining the leaks, which renders his "I'm a passive reporter, don't shoot the messenger" argument null and void, and makes him just as responsible as the [fatherless man] he encouraged to commit and/or assisted with treason by espionage.

regardless of the outcome, it's not just about the "Big Bad U.S.A" being caught with its pants down. substitute any other country in America's place, and damn right they'd be after this guy's ass.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    An illegal war? Who decides if a war is illegal? What does that even mean? Or did you just throw that random word in there for shock value?
    The UN, apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what this guy's expectied outcome was after messing with all these extremely powerful people and governments. Does he expect no consequences for his actions? I mean if I go punch some 300 pound dude in the face because I don't like what he's doing is the guy just gonna be like "ok... I'll cut it out...." No, there's consequences for your actions like this guy is figuring out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why wikileaks is needed
    OMG, a government with power attempts to influence the world? What do we do? This kind of thing has never happened before in the history of humanity! /sarcasm.

And what difference does telling everyone about it make? If the country who it affects isn't willing to do anything about it, what is the general public going to do? The only thing it could possibly achieve is to increase national tension between countries, which is something no one wants.
    Well the public can demand something to be done... and since its a democracy they can stop voting for the party in power unless something is done

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    OMG, a government with power attempts to influence the world? What do we do? This kind of thing has never happened before in the history of humanity! /sarcasm.
    it happening before make it right?

And what difference does telling everyone about it make?
    If the public can't do anything about it, then there is an issue with our "republic" system of government. A problem that many seem to want to exacerbate by becoming more dependent on our government.
    Last edited by elseagoat; 2011-01-28 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat View Post
    It got people killed. American people.

Can we kill this wikileaks idiot already, seriously. Flex that evil American arm of power and get it done.
    No, it hasn't. Not a single death has been linked to the wikileaks releases.

Does it make it wrong? What exactly is wrong about it anyways?

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No, it hasn't. Not a single death has been linked to the wikileaks releases.
    I have heard differently, I don't know much about this subject, so I am posting based on what I have heard. I've heard that this guy is not American, and has leaked non-public information that has resulted in the deaths of undercover Americans overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat View Post
    Does it make it wrong? What exactly is wrong about it anyways?
    So your saying that a government not respecting human rights isnt good? IC...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it makes it 100% right and justified.

So your saying that a government not respecting human rights isnt good? IC...
    Human rights are little more than impediments to a grand new world order. We certainly can't have them standing in the way of our complete and total takeover.