Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

A new low for the community in my eyes

I was just given a 3 hour ban for recruiting on other servers for my guild. I didn't spam trade chat over abundantly nor was I rude when I was told to GTFO or STFU.

I mean seroiusly...

Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    I was just given a 3 hour ban for recruiting on other servers for my guild. I didn't spam trade chat over abundantly nor was I rude when I was told to GTFO or STFU.

I mean seroiusly...
    I bet that broke a part of the T.O.S, but which, I want to see the T.O.S now.

Good, there's a reason that the forums exist. Recruit there, don't waste room in another servers trade chat.

Well, you did not spam trade over abundantly, but apparently just abundantly enough to get a ban!!

Deleted
    Trade is only for serious issues e.g. Anal [Rampage]

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a 3-day ban during Wrath for using a /cock shotgun in the old OT.

edit: didn't notice you meant in-game ban

Deleted

I mean seroiusly...
    Only because the WoW devs are sometimes just as bored and lazy as the MMO-Champion devs

Derp, someone was offended by someone else's post. Durrr, it presses the Ban button. Too bored to see wtf is actually going on...

I mean seroiusly...
    How were you recruiting? It's either harassment (you going after potential recruits in trade), or spamming ("<Nagas from Compton> LF 2 experienced heals for Al'Akir and Cho'Gall" times 40), the way I see it. It looks to be the latter according to whats in bold.

There is no feasible way for you to recruit in trade without breaking some rules. Use forums (like these), where recruits who care can look over your guild and apply in a manner that makes sense.

Be lucky it was a three hour ban, and stop yer complainin'!

Now that's really odd getting a ban for such a thing. Seems rather retarded if you didn't happen to spam your macro fastest possible and I am pretty sure that you won't get banned for simply putting one sentence in the trade chat. Should be easily enough to appeal that one via phone.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-06-18 at 11:30 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am using the forums to recruit as well. And there is nothing wrong with asking on other servers. If there is a ToS agreement that I broke, then please let me know. And one time would have been enough for someone to right click report player just because i was horde on an alliance server recruiter.

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OutragedFormula View Post
    How were you recruiting? It's either harassment (you going after potential recruits in trade), or spamming ("<Nagas from Compton> LF 2 experienced heals for Al'Akir and Cho'Gall" times 40), the way I see it. It looks to be the latter according to whats in bold.

There is no feasible way for you to recruit in trade without breaking some rules. Use forums (like these), where recruits who care can look over your guild and apply in a manner that makes sense.

Be lucky it was a three hour ban, and stop yer complainin'!
    then by your example someone trying to sell the same thing over and over again would be spamming the channel as well.

The problem is that you were doing it on another server.

15+ Year Old Account

I mean seroiusly...
    I'm almost positive Recruiting Across servers in trade, and on the non-guild recruitment forums is against the T.O.S.

I could be wrong, but I've seen this happen before.

That being said we don't quite know how you were recruiting to be fully able to say, but it clearly was a violation somewhere along the lines.

They don't toss out temp bans like candy anymore.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-06-18 at 11:36 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet Control View Post
    The problem is that you were doing it on another server.
    how is that a problem with anything other then the people on that server being assholes about something? if it's against the ToS then im fine with my ban. but if its just them mad that i was recruiting on their server then that's just stupid.

ban unjustified to be honest, people in trade on my realm post recruitment needs in trade and nothing gets done about it, guild recruitment channel? yeah you cant advertise there unless you log to an unguilded alt, also the amount of level 1 guilds that use the looking for guild tool just to get people in so they can try making money via cash flow later on hides your own guilds recruitment needs amongst a tonne of guilds that aren't serious about doing anything.
    Also not every person uses the forums so creating a recruitment thread, that can instantly become a flame thread, is pointless.
    and as for it been cross server recruitment? how about if the realms dead and or there's free transfers off it? your not allowed to try and recruit possible transferees?
    yeah speech over nps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I got a 3-day ban during Wrath for using a /cock shotgun in the old OT.

edit: didn't notice you meant in-game ban
    Lmfao wow that's a lame reason to ban.

(iii) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in Chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users including without limitation posting commercial solicitations and/or advertisements for goods and services available outside of the World of Warcraft universe;

(iv) Sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to a single user or repeatedly posting similar messages in a Chat area, including without limitation continuous advertisements to sell goods or services;

Seem to me the only ones maybe applicable but again as long as that macro wasn't spammed.....I mean usually you don't even get banned for exorbitant amounts of spam at least not on the first offense - you will get a warning first.

15+ Year Old Account
    how is that a problem with anything other then the people on that server being assholes about something? if it's against the ToS then im fine with my ban. but if its just them mad that i was recruiting on their server then that's just stupid.
    You have to realize, Blizzard won't just ban you because people were mad, there has to be a violation somewhere along the lines.

You were either Spamming trade, being rude, cursed, used vulgarities, were disruptive, or the most likely, it's against the T.O.S to recruit on other servers trade chats.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Publicly recruiting on another server is unacceptable under all circumstances, to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    (iii) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in Chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users including without limitation posting commercial solicitations and/or advertisements for goods and services available outside of the World of Warcraft universe;

yeah cos trade is the most mature place ever with no shit that disrupts the normal flow of dialoge :3
    not taking a stab at ya, its jus late, im sleepy and stuff.
    where am i again?

then by your example someone trying to sell the same thing over and over again would be spamming the channel as well.
    It is. Your point being?

Now, my point is that you were most likely spamming trade chat (seeing as how you yourself describe it as spam). You were spamming a channel in WoW, and you got smacked for it. Instead of looking to reinforce your (wrong) opinion, look to learn from this experience. Find better avenues to recruit that don't involve filling trade chat with spam.

I know you're using the forums which is good, but if you're still having trouble then I'd suggest the RDF; it usually pairs you with at least one person from your realm (I've gotten entire groups from my realm before), and if they aren't in a guild (and if they're still running heroics for gear at this point, then the gods might be on your side) talk to them afterwards. Present your case, and hope for the best.

You can vet potential recruits, get some gear/enchanting mats, and earn VP and JP all in one run. Win-win-win.
    Last edited by OutragedFormula; 2011-06-18 at 11:47 PM. Reason: typo