Deleted

Hello Im a lvl 85 pallt tank i need help an finding some info out

Im a lvl 85 pally tank an i just started to get my stuff together an i need to know what are the stats for a pally to main tank my item lvl score is now at the lvl to where i can enter heroics but i take to much damage an the healers are have to keep casting on me to keep me up some help here please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first tip I would give you, is to put some dots and comma's in your post. Makes it a lot easier to read.
    To not be a total arse, I will say some things on the matter:
    A: healing has changed, and it is not like healers are supposed to get you to full health in a second like they could in wrath. also, much healers i encounter in pugs just suck. no matter how good you are, if the healer sucks, there is no way to be efficient. just make sure you are not the one sucking.
    B: after you look at your spec for taking all damage reduction talents and threat increasing, make sure you are hit capped, and then go for gear with mastery on it. Dodge and parry will most likely also be present on those items, and those are also great. crit and haste are pretty much useless, and you might want to reforge those to mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    The first tip I would give you, is to put some dots and comma's in your post. Makes it a lot easier to read.
    To not be a total arse, I will say some things on the matter:
    A: healing has changed, and it is not like healers are supposed to get you to full health in a second like they could in wrath. also, much healers i encounter in pugs just suck. no matter how good you are, if the healer sucks, there is no way to be efficient. just make sure you are not the one sucking.
    B: after you look at your spec for taking all damage reduction talents and threat increasing, make sure you are hit capped, and then go for gear with mastery on it. Dodge and parry will most likely also be present on those items, and those are also great. crit and haste are pretty much useless, and you might want to reforge those to mastery.
    I was told that mastery > dodge/parry.
    But is it true that hit/expertise > mastery > dodge/parry?
    Im already lacking alot of hit..but a bit over the cap for expertise.
    (anyways if you arent a paladin, the mastery increases block chance, so the more you have, you can get a straight 30% damage reduction)
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

its Hit/expertise > mastery > dodge/parry.

my DK tank right now is at:

hit cap (8%)
    expertise cap (26)
    mastery at 12.97
    dodge at 9.98%
    parry at 11.15%

I looked at geared tanks in guilds raiding and their parry/dodge is around mine but their mastery is what is improving with gear.

Use CC.. if you run into packs n just conc mobs are going to hit you like a freight train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.