Thread: moonkin pvp

moonkin pvp

i have started playing moonkins since 2years ago
    in wotlk i was overall good arena wise 2s 2.2k 3s 2.1k 5s 2.2k
    but not suddenly in cata it feels like i suck in pvp,does someone else feels the same like this or is this just me?

Personally I feel like Moonkin PVP is the funnest its ever been, but thats completely opinion. We have alot of helpful tools: Thorns, mushrooms for slow, knockback, starsurge's ridiculous burst, moonfire spam while kiting, treants that slow, etc.

We'll have to see how the season turns out for us

Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    in wotlk
    found the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis View Post
    found the problem
    in wotlk moonkin was a joke compared to other classes in pvp, i don t see a problem here
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    i have started playing moonkins since 2years ago
    in wotlk i was overall good arena wise 2s 2.2k 3s 2.1k 5s 2.2k
    but not suddenly in cata it feels like i suck in pvp,does someone else feels the same like this or is this just me?
    I think its all matter of haste and resilience. We just dont have enough of it.
    Haste is making our nukes viable option in pvp without that we lick ass.
    Resilience is needed like morning urine, because of lack real defensive CD.
    If you get those two you should be at least so good like you was in wotlk imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis View Post
    found the problem
    i was last season highest rated moonkin on mine realm so it make no sense to say something like that

Not sure why your having more problems now... on paper we are better than ever... we have insta roots and an instant interrupt with amazing silence (if used correctly). We have a trap slow, and another escape mechanism (kitty/bear roar) we have an instant nuke that works with our dots... and we have spammable moonfire, so we no longer become the "pummel dummy(tm)"

We still have all the other tools that made a boomkin decent before (trees/starfall/nuke burst) only differance would be the RNG is gone from eclipse, and everyone has more health/resilience reduces more damage.... So maybe all you were doing last season was trying to burst someone down quick, and now you have to work more at control?

If you were at 2.1/2.2k I reckon that was not the case... but if your at that kind of rating I would think you would be very happy that we have a silence and insta CC now
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance View Post
    Not sure why your having more problems now... on paper we are better than ever... we have insta roots and an instant interrupt with amazing silence (if used correctly). We have a trap slow, and another escape mechanism (kitty/bear roar) we have an instant nuke that works with our dots... and we have spammable moonfire, so we no longer become the "pummel dummy(tm)"

We still have all the other tools that made a boomkin decent before (trees/starfall/nuke burst) only differance would be the RNG is gone from eclipse, and everyone has more health/resilience reduces more damage.... So maybe all you were doing last season was trying to burst someone down quick, and now you have to work more at control?

If you were at 2.1/2.2k I reckon that was not the case... but if your at that kind of rating I would think you would be very happy that we have a silence and insta CC now
    yes ofc i am happy with the silence and root
    i think it might be the problem i lost control
    i played in wotlk really defensive taking bit control so i won't die while the other get downed slowly
    is it possible i need to be alot offensive now instead of playing mine old style?

It seems to me the damage is lacking, damage wise it still feels like WoTLK.
    Wrath - 5k, 13k crit. (But i barely ever crit.)
    Starfire - 9k, 20k crit.
    Starfall - 3k, 4.5k crit.
    Starsurge 9 - 10k, crit 20 - 30k. (Mine never crits)

I know this might change with the incoming pvp gear as of tuesday.

Just seems to me damage is low compared some classes. Just hope to see better results as of the new season of pvp. (:

Quote Originally Posted by samgriggs View Post
    It seems to me the damage is lacking, damage wise it still feels like WoTLK.
    Wrath - 5k, 13k crit. (But i barely ever crit.)
    Starfire - 9k, 20k crit.
    Starfall - 3k, 4.5k crit.
    Starsurge 9 - 10k, crit 20 - 30k. (Mine never crits)

I know this might change with the incoming pvp gear as of tuesday.

Just seems to me damage is low compared some classes. Just hope to see better results as of the new season of pvp. (:
    i tested mine dmg vs warlocks now and it feels like we are little worse than wotlk
    locks do dubbel the dps we do,and affi locks outheal us... kinda stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkins got plenty of cool toys and tools in Cataclysm to use in PvP. Instant root, Solar Beam, interrupt and shizz but the problem is that eclipse sucks balls in PvP.

With the current haste levels it takes like 10 seconds of freecasting to reach an eclipse. So you need to freecast for 10 seconds to start doing any major damage, that's kind of a problem.

And now healing is so expensive and hybrid heals barely heal for anything you really can't offer much healing support outside maybe tranquility. I'd personally play feral or resto this season. And in fact i am playing resto ;o

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Moonkins got plenty of cool toys and tools in Cataclysm to use in PvP. Instant root, Solar Beam, interrupt and shizz but the problem is that eclipse sucks balls in PvP.

With the current haste levels it takes like 10 seconds of freecasting to reach an eclipse. So you need to freecast for 10 seconds to start doing any major damage, that's kind of a problem.

And now healing is so expensive and hybrid heals barely heal for anything you really can't offer much healing support outside maybe tranquility. I'd personally play feral or resto this season. And in fact i am playing resto ;o
    A few areas I'd like to touch on:

1. Just because we 'can' heal, doesn't mean we should be expected to do it effectively. We can throw some heals on people in a pinch, but primarily we should be playing as a controlling class now. we have tons of tools to control the fight, slows, roots, cyclone, silence. Expecting us to heal on top of that will only make us do our primary job much worse. Of course, situationally a heal could win the fight, and that is important, but it does not make or break the spec. Treat us like a mage that just received a small combat heal from blizzard.

2. Eclipse is not useless in pvp. getting to the eclipse can be a bit tricky, in an arena setting. Just keep controlling the fight, getting off your starsurges/starfires safely to slowly reach your goal of solar eclipse. Once your there, keep insect swarm/sunfire on as many opponents as you can while still controlling effectively, and wait for a burst opportunity where the CC lines up with a semi low person with starfall and shooting stars up, and burst them down.

3. Burstability.... Sure thats what boomkins were good at doing, bursting someone from full to 0 with a few nice eclipse crits, but it was also our greatest downfall, since we have no major survival cooldowns (iceblock, last stand) though we have several minor ones. Still, if a melee got on us it was difficult to peel them off ourselves unless natures grasp was available, seeing as both our cc's required cast times, and melee just pummel. So now that it is harder for everyone to burst people down, due to higher health pools, lower combat stats, and increased resilience values and lower Mortal Strike effects, it is now a complete switch to a control game, and in this game we shine. We can win the mana game easily with cheap moonfires and innervate to bolster our healer, and have more cc's than we have global cooldowns to use them all... just remember... to use them lol. Even subtle ones like Soothe to get rid of enrages can go a long way. Using barkskin liberally is good because its such a low cooldown with long duration, as well as natures grasp.

I for one am pretty stoked for the new changes, and cant wait to start rocking faces.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance View Post
    A few areas I'd like to touch on:

1. Just because we 'can' heal, doesn't mean we should be expected to do it effectively. We can throw some heals on people in a pinch, but primarily we should be playing as a controlling class now. we have tons of tools to control the fight, slows, roots, cyclone, silence. Expecting us to heal on top of that will only make us do our primary job much worse. Of course, situationally a heal could win the fight, and that is important, but it does not make or break the spec. Treat us like a mage that just received a small combat heal from blizzard.

2. Eclipse is not useless in pvp. getting to the eclipse can be a bit tricky, in an arena setting. Just keep controlling the fight, getting off your starsurges/starfires safely to slowly reach your goal of solar eclipse. Once your there, keep insect swarm/sunfire on as many opponents as you can while still controlling effectively, and wait for a burst opportunity where the CC lines up with a semi low person with starfall and shooting stars up, and burst them down.

3. Burstability.... Sure thats what boomkins were good at doing, bursting someone from full to 0 with a few nice eclipse crits, but it was also our greatest downfall, since we have no major survival cooldowns (iceblock, last stand) though we have several minor ones. Still, if a melee got on us it was difficult to peel them off ourselves unless natures grasp was available, seeing as both our cc's required cast times, and melee just pummel. So now that it is harder for everyone to burst people down, due to higher health pools, lower combat stats, and increased resilience values and lower Mortal Strike effects, it is now a complete switch to a control game, and in this game we shine. We can win the mana game easily with cheap moonfires and innervate to bolster our healer, and have more cc's than we have global cooldowns to use them all... just remember... to use them lol. Even subtle ones like Soothe to get rid of enrages can go a long way. Using barkskin liberally is good because its such a low cooldown with long duration, as well as natures grasp.

I for one am pretty stoked for the new changes, and cant wait to start rocking faces.
    i have noticed that we got our own last stand now.
    frenzied regeneration its give now also 30% hp like last stand