10+ Year Old Account

Question [Holy PvP]Revelations?

Hello,
    With the new PvP season coming up me and my guild will be running Rated Battleground. I plan on using a Holy spec, which I'm pretty sure will do fine.
    The only thing I find hard is deciding whether I should include Revelations in my build. The Chastise disorient is incredibly useful and having it available all the time would be great. On the other hand an extra cheap instant heal is never a bad thing.
    What is your opinion on this?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I also hope to run a Holy spec with my guild in rated BGs. I would generally advise against taking Revelations for PVP precisely because I think the stun is far more useful than the other revelations. Yes, the instant heal is also useful, but chances are you could help them out with a PoM or PWS nearly as much or simply use Chastise to stun whoever is hitting him instead. On top of that, the stun is useful in tons of other ways, like stopping a flag carrier, interupting a flag cap, interupting a healer, etc.

Use /cancelaura macro for your Chakra. Holy words are on different CDs. At least they were just before Cata release. So you can use Serenity - Cancelaura - Chastice.

Yeah, starting with a Chastise and then going Chakra+Heal to get access to Serenity without waiting for cooldown isn't bad at all.

Is Chastise still on cooldown if you do Chastise -> Chakra+Heal -> cancelaura quickly? I guess it is, or it would just be insanely OP.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The different spells maintain their separate cooldowns.

Deleted
    yeah!

I quote my signature! *.* ahahah

I skipped revelations to make sure I always have Chastise up, but I did pick up Chakra. Lot of testing to see how it goes, but as of now, I like my build. I did debate going into Shadow to put one point in the spirit to hit talent, but decided on Disc for the spell dmg/run speed. Right now, I don't think it matters toooooo much since we are all lacking in PVP gear, but a little time will tell which will work best.