Thread: Camouflage

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Camouflage

Camo, what is it for? No seriously I know you can trap shit on heroics with it but other than that. I mean, how can i use that crap on pvp? Seriously!
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Its pretty useless for anything other then rp

um you find it more useful in pve than it is in pvp?

do you not know that traps are integral part of hunter pvp? and being untargetable at range is incredibly valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by scudmuffin View Post
    um you find it more useful in pve than it is in pvp?

do you not know that traps are integral part of hunter pvp? and being untargetable at range is incredibly valuable.
    Untargetable by range yet still being able to be taken out by AoE. Only class now that doesn't have an aoe and is a ranged class are hunters. It's blizz's way of saying "Hunters go screw yourselfs"

Worst move ever. Traps can also be thrown with Trap Launcher with a much smaller risk too.

Deleted
    it can me used to launch freezing trap to cc a mob and you wont get aggro a good thing to do with lazy pug tanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Only use I found was evading stupid mobs in Tol Barad because they hit like trucks.

Soloing old content/tough areas.

Defending nodes in BGs

Quote Originally Posted by Kamisama View Post
    Untargetable by range yet still being able to be taken out by AoE. Only class now that doesn't have an aoe and is a ranged class are hunters. It's blizz's way of saying "Hunters go screw yourselfs"

Worst move ever. Traps can also be thrown with Trap Launcher with a much smaller risk too.
    Wait, what? explosive trap is a semi-ranged aoe that doesnt need a direct target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I though we were going to get some dmg bonus on our first shot when coming out of Camo...when did that change?!

Deleted
    at least in pve i havent found a way to make use of it yet =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it all the time to stealth past mobs for my dailies in Tol Barad.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    I use it all the time to stealth past mobs for my dailies in Tol Barad.
    This.

I've tested camo across the board, and so far the best use for it is the reduced aggro radius. It's just as good as if you were stealthed. If you approach a mob from behind you can practically lick his neck and in melee range from the front side.
    It's really useful for the new TB dailies which feature a lot of fast spawning mobs, and objectives that lie beyond 5-10 minutes worth of clearing mobs.

It's pvp uses are thus far rather limited. The LoS thing is brilliant but i have found that it makes little difference because opponents can either:
    a) Just close the gap fast (granted you can't get charged, but you can get heroic leaped)
    b) Use a ranged AoE to knock you out (in case of casters). A mage usually just uses pet frost nova, a warlock something like shadowfury.
    c) Just simply ignore you. Because they know that you come out anyway when you attack them, and then they can just make a hard switch and still screw you over. Or dot you which ultimately kills you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamisama View Post

Priests say hello. Mind Sear is our only ranged AoE and it needs to be target on a mob to cast it, and since we can't target you while you have the buff, you can't use it on Hunters to break them out of it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Not sure if this is intended but rogues/feral druids can't use their stealth opener on me while I'm in Camo, so that's pretty usefull I'd say

The only use I've found for it so far is to impress people in dungeons who have never seen it. Other than that, pointless to me.

Classes that can not de-stealth you by spotting you at range: Rogue, Paladin, enhancement shaman(right?), Priests. Hunters can shoot a trap at you but those are easily dodgable. Druids can pop out of stealth and hurricane but for ferals this will harm their opener, and for anything else it will delay that element of surprise/confusion that comes with a ranged/healer popping up wherever they feel like.

That aside, although when staring straight at the hunter it's obvious where they are, in our world of red name tags, it's going to be very close to being just as good as stealth for a good hunter who utilizes it properly. I'd say that in every PvP scenario save for a duel camo has an advantage in surprising the enemy. World PvP and battlegrounds will benefit the most from this, and even in Arena. No red bar and untabbable/targetable, makes for a more useful tool than you'd originally think.

Deleted
    Doesn't it make you stealth? So how is that not usefull in pvp? ( I never seen it but i read something about it )

So basically we got shafted! I thought it was just me but mages got a cool aoe cc. Rogues got a LOS thing and warrs got another closer among other things. What did we get?? Who the fuck knows no one can even find it useful. Sry doing dailies and trapping in dungeons is NOT what our new abilities are supposed to do...

They REALLY fucked up hunters on this expansion crap.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    So basically we got shafted! I thought it was just me but mages got a cool aoe cc. Rogues got a LOS thing and warrs got another closer among other things. What did we get?? Who the fuck knows no one can even find it useful. Sry doing dailies and trapping in dungeons is NOT what our new abilities are supposed to do...

They REALLY fucked up hunters on this expansion crap.
    I entirely disagree. Hunters really did not need another button that they press all the time. Trap Launcher and Cobra Shot are both abilities I use extremely often, even so, though Cobra Shot replaced Steady Shot of course.

Camo is just icing on the cake, some nice utility for several different situations, including trapping in dungeons/raids, which happens to be a very important thing to do these days.

At level 85, hunters are DPS powerhouses now. We're somewhat weak in PvP, but that's pretty much always been the case. Hunters have always had extremely low representation in PvP, and I don't really see that changing anytime soon.