Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for a Rune Addon

I saw an addon awhile back that kept the default rune look but they were enlarged and could be moved anywhere on your screen. Does anyone know what this is called?

I personally use the addong called "Engraved". Its very customizable, allowing runes to fade out when out of combat and show again when in combat. There are also 5-10 different looks to the runes, and you can move them, change the size, etc.

Not sure if that is the one you are looking for, but I'd recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer DK Monitor. The only drawback is they don't look the same, BUT the customization can't be matched. You can show the runes anywhere, in multiple formats and sizes, make them blink as they refresh, change colors, and keep track of buffs, debuffs, diseases, runic power, and pet buffs.

The guide on elitist jerks has a bunch of ad dons listed for runes and disease timers, its under the unholy section. =)

Rune Docs Debugg, my favorite by far due the fact you need nothing besides that, absolutely nothing (DBM+recount maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I prefer DK Monitor. The only drawback is they don't look the same,
    I also use DK Monitor. (love it) There's a skin that I think closely resembles the default rune color and appearance. Close enough for me at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try Yury's RuneDisplay, it keeps the default look of the runes but lets you move and scale them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Rune Docs Debugg, my favorite by far due the fact you need nothing besides that, absolutely nothing (DBM+recount maybe).
    I'll second this. No other rune addon I've ever used comes close to DDR and I don't even use most of the functionality.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    If all you are looking for is to scale the default rune UI larger, I'd suggest MoveAnything. You can detatch the runes from your player frame, move them, scale them, adjust their alpha, etc. It's available on Curse.
    Last edited by Evgeny; 2012-02-13 at 05:05 PM. Reason: apparently the iPhones spellcheck thought I meant "runs UI"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use Magic Runes. It takes a little bit of work to customize just how I want it, but it works pretty well. Lots of options.

I use Acherus and really love it, very simple and compact addon thats very clear.

Hello friends!

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 02:46 AM ----------

i am new to this

Docs Debug Runes is the best out there. Key reason is that it makes runic empowerment more intuitive.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    This +1 million.

Docs is awesome but sadly I don't think he's continuing work on it
    (I could be wrong on that, pretty sure I read it somewhere though)
    Last edited by Halle; 2012-02-14 at 07:10 PM.

I use Engraved, I got it on curse.

Deleted
    I'm DKM too, which you can set up as DDR layout or in a traditional row. Very customisable as mentioned above. I like the stance reminder, don't use the rune-usage stats module anymore altho it was quite useful on dummies earlier on. It includes all the trackers a dk could need.

I recently switched off the DKM RP, which is just a scalable number, replacing with comergy as my RP bar (copying murava's RP setup) which lets you set up bar splits on your RP bar, I set to -> 60 RP and -> 90 rp - very nice for masterfrost and general resource management.

I use Rune-It-All, although it has issues with the fade out, but otherwise works well.

I use magic runes. Icons are okay, but what I love about magic runes is that you can see a bar style CD approaching your runes, which I find far easier to judge when the rune becomes available.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

I used to use Magic Runes and switched to DDR. DDR took a bit to get used to but is a much better imo.