Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 46 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was late at night and I decided to do my JC daily (and I rarely even did those) back in wotlk before heading to bed. So I got the quest and went flying to the spot I needed to go to in the Storm Peaks when my addon went off saying the Time Lost was near! I freaked out and flew all around looking for him and saw him flying high up across from the Alliance base. Killed him and got my mount. I had just gave up looking for him a few months ago on my hunter too!
    Topples/Retribution Paladin/Silver Hand
    Snurple/Restoration Shaman/Silver Hand
    Rebels/Fury Warrior/Hyjal

A guy in my guild had the Salty title and really wanted the sea turtle to go with it. After hours of farming he still couldn't get it. I decided to level fishing on my main and two casts after hitting 450 I autolooted the turtle. I didn't even realise it at first but seeing an achievement pop up on my screen and his reaction on vent, I quickly found out what I had just looted. To this day I still don't think the guy has ever gotten it.

Got Baron mount first time on my shaman in BC before they buffed the drop rate of the mount
    Took over 70 tries on my druid to get the raven lord in wrath
    Brought my druid into HMGT for the pet and mount dropped for me the other day, still trying to get the dang pet lol
    Was running around Uldum on my druid doing some quests and NPC scan went off for a camel figurine and low and behold I got the mount from my first find. Guess I'm lucky only when I am not trying to find a mount.

Deleted
    Got the Raven lord after around 15 kills. It's funny because my cousin called me on skype while I was on the second boss and asked me what I was doing, and when I told him I was going to kill Anzu he said: "I'm sure you will get it now, only because I'm talking to you". And he was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirea View Post
    Screenshot or it didn't happen.
    here you go:

http://imageshack.us/f/580/mountt.jpg/

Launch of WotLK -- I was rushing for Realm First! (got Forsaken) -- I was level 78 and flying around in Storm Peaks. Noticed a peculiar dragon flying above me (Time-Lost Proto Drake), I was a mage so I ascended, aggro'd it, slow fall and killed it.

After reading up on the Spectral Tiger I decided to buy some booster packs (20). On the 17th pack it dropped. My jaw hit the ground and bounced all the way to BB to buy it.

Deleted
    I solo farmed ZG every week to get one of the mounts. Then a guildy joined me at I guess my 15th run, just because he was bored.
    At the raptor boss the raptor mount dropped. We both rolled on it and he won it. Then after a while we killed the tiger boss and that mount dropped aswel!
    Too bad my guildy didn't feel sorry for me and decided to roll on it aswel. He won the tiger mount aswel.
    After that I gkicked him for being an arrogant bastard (since I was an officer), and because of that the guild voted to kick me out of the guild for being a bad officer.

God mounts suck!

Update to my mount luck. As I said earlier, got the white hawk and 3rd attempt. Well...just got Attumens horse on my 3rd attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephalo View Post
    I solo farmed ZG every week to get one of the mounts. Then a guildy joined me at I guess my 15th run, just because he was bored.
    At the raptor boss the raptor mount dropped. We both rolled on it and he won it. Then after a while we killed the tiger boss and that mount dropped aswel!
    Too bad my guildy didn't feel sorry for me and decided to roll on it aswel. He won the tiger mount aswel.
    After that I gkicked him for being an arrogant bastard (since I was an officer), and because of that the guild voted to kick me out of the guild for being a bad officer.

God mounts suck!
    I just want to say to you sir that I do not blame you at all. If someone wins my mount from kara, I am going to be jacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephalo View Post

God mounts suck!
    I lol'd.

OT: don't have any rare mount stories i guess since i prefer to work for my mounts rather than sit there and pray to the rng gods (I guess some people consider that working).

Back in WotLK, normal ICC progression night on H LK, GM decides we don't have enough people on so he says over vent "Everyone head to Ulduar for 25 for mount achieve". So I'm thinkin' sweet, we've been doing Uld25 randomly throughout the weeks on previous nights like this, hoping to get closer to finally getting the mount.
    Ports are given back to Dal, some tele: Argent Tourny, yadayada. I decide to just auto fly and spam my "/tar time" macro (for the Time Lost Proto ofc!) Get around to the Temple of Storms area...maco targets it and spam whisper myself! I stopped in shock and left the raid group (in case anybody was close) and managed to tag it and drag it down to the ground, sucky being a feral druid doing this! So happy I never had to camp it for days I bet loads of farmers were mad that I just got it during a fly-by!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuretsu View Post
    I lol'd.

OT: don't have any rare mount stories i guess since i prefer to work for my mounts rather than sit there and pray to the rng gods (I guess some people consider that working).
    Get down from the high and mighty chair, asshat.

OT: Onyxian Drake on the week of release, White Hawkstrider after 11 runs, Anzu after 8 runs, White Polar Bear after 14 completions, Tricked a GM into giving me a free Brewfest Ram, Swift Razzashi raptor on my 5th kill, Grand Black War Mammoth back in S5 and, if it's applicable, Drake of the East Wind (Glory of the Cataclysm Raider).

Everything else has been a complete cockblock.

As an elemental shaman in WOTLK i soloed ZG (well, mount bosses), the priest boss (for the tiger mount) was a pain in the you know where, BUT when i finally managed to kill it guess what was on him, yes Swift Zuilan Tiger!!!! brought a tear in my eye

Monday, I was working on my shaman alt and just dinged 77. Decided to go to Stormpeaks to quest. Did a some quests and eventually got the quest to go up to the one village by the frozen river and free those npc's and the Time-Lost Proto Drake spawned. Right after looting my new mount, a level 85 killed me.

I am now the proud owner of three Time-Lost Proto-Drakes.

I got the Kara mount on my first kill on my druid ever, I was level 71(I think) and everyone else was 80. Some dude offered to buy it for like 5k. I lol'd at him and said no. Plus it was an alt so I'm sure that pissed everyone off even more. Here's the armory page for proof.

In a single week, I got the Grand Black War Mammoth on my Mage and Rogue. It was the 2nd time I'd seen it drop on my Rogue, but the first on my Mage.

Deleted
    When I first saw a green proto-drake I was like: OMG I got to have that one!

So I got revered with those small little "things" and bought my first egg and were just waiting for it to open, bragging to my friend about how I will get it on my first egg, he responded with "if you get it, I will give you a motorbike"

Well after 7 days I got it and the item inside was all purple and cozy!

Still haven't got my bike

Only rare i've got besides sandstone drake, but that one was just expensive!

This is my lucky week. Within the span of 4 days, Ive gotten the hawkstrider(3rd run), attumens(3rd run), and the ZA bear(3rd run). Sadly, blue proto and raven still elude me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna try for Atumen today! Wish me luck.

P.S Around 20th+ run.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    Gonna try for Atumen today! Wish me luck.

P.S Around 20th+ run.
    i'm prob a little late, but good luck! i'm at around 30 and no sign of it, but it's easy and quick enough that i'll keep goin