Thread: Lucky stories!

Story:

Back in WotLK - We were having LK 25 HC on farm and when we were on 10% on the boss, bascially when LK casts "Fury of the Frostmourne" i DC, and after boss is dead(I am logging back in) they are raid rolling the mount (invincible's reins) and I hear in vent that i won it, and i'm DCed <.< logged back in, my GM couldn't give it to me, so he had to ticket it and a day later i got it in my mailbox

Deleted
    Just got my second Blue proto-Drake on my paladin took me 3 months and 1 week and 1 day of grinding it 1x a day. My DK got it after about 1 month i took a break for a week come back and got it. (so really 3 weeks and 1 day).

My DK also won the old ZG tiger after about 30runs and my priest i was showing a friend how to bug the zg boss out and won the tiger also lol (6 tries!).

Also got 2x white hawkstriders took less than 20runs for both.

got the Death chargger also on 2 toons took 170ish runs on warlock back in the day and during wrath got my 2ed on priest after about 10 runs.

Erm got the turtle mount while doing a daily fishing quest about 3000 pools in total.

Got a few other rares i just won during raids or that dropped and i paid for.

Back in BC. Doing ZG with a WoW friend. Zulian Tiger drops. I roll an 86 and he rolls an 88. He quits next day. Dick move.

I have everyone beat, guilds first kill of Malygos and his rare mount drops. My best friend rolls a 99, and starts laughing out loud in vent followed by a long loud NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as he witnesses my 100 roll 5 seconds after his 99. =)

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Back in the day, me in my guild were running TK, (this is back in TBC) and the Ashes of Al'Ar dropped! Now, back then we had periodically adopted the DKP system, and me and some other guy had the two highest and exact same DKP counts (I know DKP systems never work, but it was just for awhile), and we both bid all our DKP on the mount.

So he rolls first, and gets a 2.

Now I'm all like YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I CAN BEAT THIS SON OF A BITCH AND GET THAT STUPID BIRD!!!!!
    So I roll, and get a....

Followed shortly by:
    a scream of "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK",

then the neighbors calling the cops as they believed my house was getting burglarized,

the smashing of the / R O and L keys with my face, frantically checking my DKP count and praying I had a extra 1 DKP that I overlooked,

asking god what I had done to deserve this

and ending with the cops knocking at the door and asking "Is everything alright sir?".

I never saw that mount drop after that incident, and might never see it again, the Dark Phoenix is proving a nice substitute until the time where I can receive what's rightfully mine!

Back in the day my cousin and i were bored, so he brought up the idea of the Baron mount, we went and killed the boss and the mount dropped, he rolled a 7 and i was soooo happy that i was gonna win it , being it would be my 1st mount in game not including vendor mounts. So i rolled and got a 3..... sad day for me lol

I won Flametalon of Alyzrazor tonight
    Joined a pug in trade as healer and when we killed Aly, it dropped. The ML raid rolled, I got it. Another person raid rolled, again it was me. Then they said to /roll individually and I rolled the highest number! XP Guess it really wanted me to have it...

Deleted
    Was chilling in Orgrimmar and saw someone with "the Camel-Hoarder". I checked his date and see it was from May. So I decided to fly a circruit of the Camel Figurine spawn points as I had nothing else to do. Was tabbed out on autofly, just as I reached the Ruins of Ammon NPC_Scan goes off. I find and click the figurine... and get teleported to Dormus
    Eternally grateful to the guy with his title on display who inspired me to go check! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    After I had played for like 3 months of wow I wanted to get some achieves on my first 85. I started with some old content dungeons I hadn't done yet. Then I did Stratholme, I didn't know about any mount. I just wanted the achieve for finishing it.

I couldn't find how to get to the last boss, so I went on wowhead to read about it. After some reading I found out what to do AND I found out it dropped a mount. At that time I never looted things, but as I heard it dropped a mount I thought Id give it a try.

And there it was, the Rivendares Deathcharger. Remember a friend of a friend raging over me, he had apparently went it about 780 times without drop. I couldnt see it tho as it was such a boring mount (horde).

That was my first rare mount, and the start of my mount collecting =)

So I joined a pug run on my disc priest, firelands 25man normal. First time doing that raid with my priest, one shotted pretty much everything.
    Ragnaros mount drops - I win it.

That priest is my fucking alt character I hardly play. So depressing ;(

I like reading these stories. Too bad I don't have any rare mount to share with you guys!

Lately i've been farming for Raven lord and i still havn't seen him. After a run i suddenly thought that Karazhan also dropped a mount, so i decided to go there. And guess what the mount dropped on my first run - i wish it would be Ashes of al'ar tho since i dont like the model of Fiery Warhorse

15+ Year Old Account
    The day I got wind that Anzu no longer needed a pesky druid to spawn him I set my mind on going there every single day until I get it.
    I got it first kill.

Also got the tiger mount last reset before ZG went away.

I spent most of WOTLK dual running wow with a friend's druid account farming Anzu. It took the whole expansion time to drop, and when it dropped I got ZG's raptor right after and so I'm not even using Anzu much anymore :/

At the end of Wotlk I stopped playing for a couple of months. When I got back in the game, I decided to do the daily in storm peak for the white polar bear since I was already there farming plants. I was sure that this mount was a lost cause, since i id that daily like a hundred time before I quitted the game. I guess I was lucky to find it in the bag that day.

Since I had luck on my side I decided to try to farm the raven lord again (I also tried many times before). I did not get it the first day, but it took me only 3 runs to have it. I guess blizz really wanted me to come back.

I farmed ZG for the mounts for several months. I never got them. Yes, I'm bitter. The end.

Rags dropped his mount for our 10m run on Sunday. I lost the roll horribly, but the winner sold me the mount for 20k. So worth it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not an exact rare mount story, but for 2 weeks I've been taunted by Mottled Drake posted on the AH. The price was 180,000 gold. After some bargaining I took it down to 150,000 gold and now I am a proud owner of this bad-ass mount.

P.S Can anyone spare some change? I'm kinda broke.

Deleted
    I farmed a rare mount once. It didn't drop. It still hasn't.

This is based on a TERRIBLE AND TRAGIC true story.