Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 72 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bah. I've been farming for Anzu since about July two years ago (the last year of WotLK), consistently, about 3-5 times per week on average. I've helped and seen 4 friends get it, one twice, and have been soloing it since Cata hit with no luck. I'm near giving up /sigh

Three ashes in three months.

Friend trying to lie he got Raven Lord from satchel and just few minutes later it dropped for me from Anzu ^^

Baron Rivendare mount dropped... when I was leveling up an alt in an LFD Stratholme run. :/

Worst pain ever felt was when TLPD was hitting me and i was afk and a random guy flying about killed it

i got Tiger tho from ZG

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got hacked, and the hacker did strath, when i got back on it, my pala got the baron mount... ohh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Kimboslyce View Post
    Worst pain ever felt was when TLPD was hitting me and i was afk and a random guy flying about killed it

i got Tiger tho from ZG
    i have to ask was the server maelstrom us and the random guy a pally named landore :P if so that was me
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I have opened 5 mysterious eggs and I have gotten 3 Green proto drakes.
    http://i.imgur.com/zXzzE.jpg
    I wish I had as much luck elsewhere

Was farming zul'gurub for raptor mount wiht friend for loong time (since I got panther mount pretty much) and one day I wrote some mantra like "abra kadabra, mount!" right before looting the boss and ... it dropped (my friend won it and gave it to me). Now I'm at 149 mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i was farming Raven Lord for more than 1 year and i got bored and i stop. One day i log on and after 30 sec of me loging a good friend of mine gets the mount and he starts to brag to me since it was only his 3rd time of going there. So i decided to go and try it one more time and i say to my friend check this out ill get it too this time and after i killed it surprise i got the Mount!!! he was like wtf
    Retired

Rare mounts you say...

My favourite flying mount - Cenarion War Hippogryph. I know, it's not a drop, simple faction reputation stuff. Well the story begins with my very first serious char (that became main) - Night Elf Druid. I fell in love with that mount when I first took a public taxi from Darnassus to Auberdine. Regular mounts were availible at lvl 40 and freshly introduced with BC flying mount were at lvl 60 back then. But I still dreamed about that mount.

I was overjoyed when I learned you actually can have one. With armor plates. Badass. But it required exalted with Cenarion Expedition. Plus it costed 2000 gold. Man, back then 2k was quite a fortune. So I did every possible quests that grant rep and still was far from exalted. Farming HCs was boring and tedious as there was no LFG. And then WotLK arrived, my salvation.

In Borean Tundra there is a D.E.H.T.A. outpost (Cenarion Expedition rep!) and a pond with Loot Crazied Divers. You can farm them for Ears, every pack of ears was worth rep. Meh, I dinged from 71 to 73,5 killing those divers alone. I had enough money, all I needed was that damned reputation. Two and a half whole levels I did, it took me like 3 weeks to farm the last 25k of missing rep. Later I had nightmares about that pond and ears. Later characters started Northrend in Howling Fjord :P

As for drop mounts:
    - Rivendare's Deathcharger, dropped on my 17th solo run. Nothing special as you can run Stratholme 24/7 within 5 instances per hour limit. Few days of random tries and it's mine. I know that people have 200+ kills and still no mount so I consider myself lucky here.
    - Anzu, similar to Rivendare's one. I got him around 8-10th kill when it required druid to summon. I am a druid so I could solo it alone without being disturbed. Simply prowl and avoided all crap and went straight to Anzu. It took more time as it drops in HC only and this you can do once a day. But still, dropped pretty quick for me.
    - Blue Drake from Oculus. This was quite a surprise as I wasn't aware that there is a mount drop. And most people were leaving Oculus as they were put there with LFG. So there was not much attempts for the boss. And one time we killed Eregos, looted cache and what was inside? Blue Drake. When other party members saw what I've got... oh they were so envy... I used that drake for some time as it was not seen often.
    - Headless Horseman Horse. Dropped twice, both on my alts, both 2 years ago. Sadly not for my main collector. This year's edition I haven't seen it dropping and I was doing that event every day on 5 toons. 5x14=70 attempts and no luck. Well, maybe next year...
    - Great Brewfest Kodo, o, this is a story to tell. Random day during Brewfest, LFG and we are in. Strangely group leader set Masterlooter O_o. Everyone thought: oh well, no mount for me. Others start to qq and accuse leader for being a ninja. He clearly stated that IF mount drops everyone rolls and the winner gets it. Yeah, riiight. Guess what - Kodo dropped. Leader says: roll. So we rolled. I won the roll. And got the mount. I was more surprised that I received that mount than the fact it dropped. Leader was after that mount as well but he passed the loot to me as he stated at the beginning. Then I regained my faith that there are still good people in WoW.
    - Blue Proto Drake, want it in my collection. Seen people riding it, NEVER seen it dropping. Maybe it's time to solo Utgarde.
    - Stone Drake from Stonecore, also never seen it dropping. The saddest thing is I saw this drake on my server on the first day, just several hours after Cataclysm went live.
    - Black War Mammoth, had spare honor and bought it just for lolz.

For now there are no more mounts I'd like to get. Except chopper. I know it's craftable and gold is now faceroll easy to get. I have an Engineer with a schematics, it's just a matter of cash. Well, lvling in Pandaria to 90 will be on foot so by the time I'll get enough gold to spend it on chopper without crying how poor I became :P

10+ Year Old Account
    150 (more like 148) Stonecore runs! Finally got my Vitreous. I use it every day!

This is a SS of it dropping my first Stonecore run ever at the start of Cata..rolled a 48
    http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/y...110_215417.jpg

This is when I finally got it.. My friend was over thrilled. He was tired of Stonecore lol. Neither of us are going back any time soon.
    http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/y...311_211624.jpg

A story of loss, then determination, then persistence, and finally VICTORY!
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2011-12-19 at 11:31 AM.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    My rare mount Story:

I once saw a rare mount... and I fucked it up the ass.

True story

Swift Zulian Tiger.
    Was solo´ing it every week till it finally dropped with only a short while left before ZG would dissapear.
    Lost it a few times during the actual ZG raiding so all the more reason to be happy.

I guess some people will hate me for this... my priest got the Swift Zulian Tiger on her (and my) first ZG run ever. My druid got the raptor on the next run. We were only there for the head enchants (to put on heirlooms) :x

Yesterday I made a camping buddy in Storm Peaks and got my TLPD. We camped all night last night and today, she got hers! We make a great team.
    Last edited by Cute Chen; 2011-12-19 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    The first time the Headless Horsemans Reins got introduced to the game I REALLY wanted it. So we gathered my main + my alts, my bf's main and alts and his friends mains and alts, used them to summon then swapped back to mains and killed the boss. Did this every day. I was nearly defeated on the last day when it still hadn't dropped then .... last summon of the event it dropped. I went crazy was the only person in the guild that got it as it was a pretty rare drop at this point. So happy <3

Also the first day the Swift White Hawkstrider became available from MGT I won it, was the first or 2nd on the server which I was pretty chuffed about

Now I just need some luck with Reins of the Ravenlord because right now I'm sure it doesn't even exist :P

Fiery Warhorse. Oh how you are my best friend now.

i went to the mount shop at senjin village and bought an ivory raptor

after all this time, all those eggs i opened: I finally have my green proto-drake. (and the next egg also had one). I was unbelievably happy when i saw my epic mount showing in my bag.