Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    Reminder that 10m and 25m gear are identical now. So the gear issue is the same for 10m and 25m, and you can't overgear 10m by running 25m.

The only people who really benefit from 25m are tanks, because you generally still only run with 2 tanks which gives them greater odds of getting loot in 25m. For DPS and healers, especially DPS, there may be more drops in 25m, but you also have a lot more competition for that gear, so the odds on loot probably isn't much better than 10m.
    What he said is that you can give all the gear that drops in a 25 to those select 10 players that will be trying 10m heroic modes next week.

Since ppl say that it is a significant amount of extra gear drop in a 25 run (but forget that there is 15 explayers there too), yes, you're kind of "overgearing" your 10m on the next week.

In the end, yes, even that reason makes 10m easier to achiev the realm's 1st achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokee View Post
    I'm sorry Blizz, but from my point of view, there aren't any Dwarf mages in WoW.

Seriously, NOBODY plays that combination. I've never even seen a low level one.

facepalm? common.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luckton View Post
    Can you please remove the requirement of having to post a few times in order to post a submission?
    Ever thought of the fact that the contest is actually for people that belong to the comunity here and not for some random lolcats that came by for the first time and just thinked to themselves "lololol mounts"?

Also Ensidia is embarassing themselves, I dont wanna get into 10m v 25m cata heroic difficulty because just like 100% of people here I dont have the experience to judge. But only through simple logic you can tell that having 25 people instead of 10 in the same room will bring more issues thus making it harder. Not to mention organizing them.

Deleted
    Ensidia are "embarrassing themselves"?

That really made me chuckle. How could "burning through content faster than other people" be considered an embarrassment?

The only people embarrassing themselves here are the morons who, from the top of their 1/12 normal mode progression, try to spit on everything they can reach in order to exist.

I am personally happy for whoever is getting world firsts. It is very hard, and people deserve praise. Hats off, whoever you may be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Ensidia are "embarrassing themselves"?

That really made me chuckle. How could "burning through content faster than other people" be considered an embarrassment?
    They switched to generally simplier 10mans unlike basicly all other world top guilds. Thanks to the Blizzard's "dumbing down" 10/25 are equal so they try to compete with 10man raids against the real ones, 25man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    The only people embarrassing themselves here are the morons who, from the top of their 1/12 normal mode progression, try to spit on everything they can reach in order to exist.

I am personally happy for whoever is getting world firsts. It is very hard, and people deserve praise. Hats off, whoever you may be.
    Due to university I barely dinged 85 but my guild is currently at 12/12, we also got 15% LK25 HM kill. The guild you refer to might be yours, I am sorry then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lmao. Everytime they nerf something it's the ".. were not supposed to!" excuse. :P It's their game, they can nerf or buff whatever they want! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    They switched to generally simplier 10mans unlike basicly all other world top guilds. Thanks to the Blizzard's "dumbing down" 10/25 are equal so they try to compete with 10man raids against the real ones, 25man.

Due to university I barely dinged 85 but my guild is currently at 12/12, we also got 15% LK25 HM kill. The guild you refer to might be yours, I am sorry then.
    Hahahahaha, man, you're awesome. Don't go change it.

Have they fixed the Alliance Camp in Tol Barad Peninsula so that the Alliance Guards actually attack Horde?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

•The return portal from Tol Barad now takes players to the appropriate capital city near the portal to Tol Barad.
    This is our Tol Barad fix?? Is changing to 3 towers for defender or 2/3 towers to win too hard?

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    but they don't want, because they know 10 man is easier and think they can easily get world firsts. Ensidia is just awful now
    Or maybe they only have 10 really, really good people? That is the only way that 10 man is easier...In that you need less people online. Of course that's also less healers, less DPS overall so everyone of those 10 people have to be on top of their game, whereas in 25 mans you can still carry (except perhaps on heroic...But then you can't carry on 10 man heroic either)

Why do the trolls come out to play with every raid boss down post?

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    How do you know 10m is easier? Are you in Ensidia run or you cleared HM bosses in both 10m/25m to compare?
    Out of the bosses I have done so far in both 10 and 25 man, 10 man has always been easier. It hasn't been faceroll easy like H LK 10 in comparison to H LK 25, but it is definitely easier to coordinate and significantly less hectic.

That's so far though...Things could be different on other bosses.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 07:46 PM ----------

Amusingly clueless.
    Amusingly correct.

I feel so special every time they fix a bug or buff Holy Priests. Oh, Cataclysm...

A) by losing a single player, the raid group loses 10% of it's performance, in a 25 man it's mere 4% performance loss
    What if your top 10 players are world class and your worst five constantly don't get the mechanics of the fight correct? This is rather common in a typical guild. There is also less room to dodge mechanics and aoe's still have devastating effects on the group.

Let me make an example. When Theralion casts the aoe debuff on a ranged ranged that doesn't move out and continues to pew pew, it's going to kill far more people at one time in 25 man than 10 man. Many of the mechanics in the fights I have done so far are like this.

Plus if the tank dies, the tank dies. It doesn't matter who else is alive, if a brez isn't taken quickly enough, it's over.

B) you get less loot in 10 mans, which means that 25 man raiding guilds on a single person mathematically get more drops than a 10 man raiding guild

That would be false, the same amount of gear per person drops in both 10 and 25 man

10raiders/2pieces = 1 piece for every 5 raiders
    25raiders/5pieces = 1 piece for every 5 raiders

l2math

Deleted
    How odd, the "US/EU" confirmation is back. It was missing when Paragon took the lead last week.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post

Have you done the fights on both 25 man and ten man? I worked on cho'gall on regular 10 man for 8 hours straight and still did not get a kill out of it. The next day was reset and we cleared back to it on 25 man and we managed to TWO SHOT it, and this was with 15 other people who had never done it before. I think it is very wrong to say every fight is easier on 10 man, because it isn't that way at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm participating. Currently writing my guide (It was originally going to include a MUCH larger list of what I'm doing my guide on, but I realized that attempting to do everything included in the original would take longer than the deadline.)

Hopefully a shorter version will still be acceptable and get me at least 5th place. Wish me luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Guide writing? Bah...I hate contests that force you to...do...stuff...

all i have to say is gratz on the heroic kills, and the contest is pretty sick as well. i have a couple ideas hopefully i have time to get one made.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    I've had people get hit with Paralyse at the beginning of the instance, running back after a death. You can't out-range it.
    Quote Originally Posted by priestalisha View Post
    Seriously tired of people thinking his paralyze can be out ranged
    I keep forgetting people on the internet need things spelling out. By "out range" I meant the ability that follows right after Paralyze, Ground Slam. I thought it'd be pretty obvious you can't avoid Paralyze so easily, but apparently not.

I've got a really good guide coming up for you guys. Hope you like it and wish me luck!

My previous guides like Guid to EoTs was stickied in TBC, and im guna make this new one even better, with a special twist!