Are worgen animations and armor really that bad?

I am doing a faction change from horde to ally and I'm trying to decide what to make my Mage. Any help or suggestions would be cool. Thinking Elf, or worgen.

well i can say plate look really good on worgens and melee animation re great too
    casting animation is... different it looks like you jugling or smth
    female draieneis have quite nice casting animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome - They look and cast and sound the best!

I hate gnomes :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a worgen and find out :P

Human mage doesn't seem like too bad of an idea either.

Worgen look terrible in cloth and their casting animations are kind of silly. Night Elf casting animations are even worse, atleast the male ones. Female ones are decent. Human ones are the best IMO of the Alliance.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am for the most part horde, but just had to try out the worgens. All I can say is their casting animations and voices are absolutely horrible, they seem very rushed and half done, the female more so than the male. But at least their starting area was done nice, great quests and lore. but the animations and voices made it worse than it should have been game play wise.

human it is thanks guys

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Censura View Post
    I am for the most part horde, but just had to try out the worgens. All I can say is their casting animations and voices are absolutely horrible, they seem very rushed and half done, the female more so than the male. But at least their starting area was done nice, great quests and lore. but the animations and voices made it worse than it should have been game play wise.
    I agree on all of these counts. Though I find it amusing to hear the worgen make their dog jokes while they're in their human form. Faux-British accent talking about sniffing someone's crotch, the trees in Darnassus, or preferring your meat to be struggling.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Female draenei mage. The best animation so far i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz1o1 View Post
    I hate gnomes :P
    Care to elaborate on that? Irrational hatred is not wise to do on a race that could potentially destroy the entire world.

That being said I would suggest a dwarf. They are awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    The male Worgen casting animations aren't that horrible really. They look feral and agressive which I like a lot in PvP for instance. Just looks as if he's trashing out a lot of power (which goes well with the big numbers of a mage) so I'm quite happy with those (my 85 mage is a male Worgen).

Also, making summersaults while shooting out Ice Lance or Arcane Barrage is just pure win. Overall I'm quite happy with Worgen. Though I would agree that female casters look silly. This is how I see it: Anything with a shield should be female (due to cloak/shield clipping on male) and casters are best as male (though female isn't that bad, if you would prefer that). The rest like rogue and hunter is just all up to you as they look equally great.