Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot paladin soloing.

Hello.I've been fairly intersted in soloing on my prot paladin since with glyphed word of glory and the right spec I'm doing around 6k HPS self healing.
    Now the main issue I encounter is that my damage is seriously low due to me using all HP to heal myself.
    Anyhow this is what I have managed so far that could be considered uncommon:

Al'ar,Onyxia 10 man,Sartharion 10man,Saphirion 10man,Supremus,BRD normal,Stonecore normal,rotface 10man

My main focus during this expantion is to solo Kael.

The main issue I'm having with him right now is that I kill him so slowly after phase 3 that he just bugs and never finishes his ''transition''.I am 100% sure that the hardest phase is the last one due to lack of serious range damage but it's doable.
    Oh and the phoenix spawns wiped me more than once... They can really be hell. Surprisingly phase 3 is easy. I'd even dare to say that phase 2 is harder for me.

What are you prot paladins currently soloing?

+ Any tips for Kael? I tried as ret and it's a total disaster.
    Pew pew

its pretty mutch doeble. did is as enhancement shaman. did take me few trys tho

Quote Originally Posted by quatzecoatl View Post
    its pretty mutch doeble. did is as enhancement shaman. did take me few trys tho
    You soloed Kael as an enhancment shaman on live?
    Mind posting how you did it.It could be usefull to anyone reading this.
    Pew pew

Deleted
    That's quite impressive, especially if you mean Blackrock Caverns instead of Blackrock Depths. I haven't done any solo'ing since Cataclysm, though I'm certainly going to do so now after this post, cheers!

15+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting - is it possible to see your armory for stats and spec?

i dinged 80 2 days ago, not 85 and i decided to solo magisters terrace.. 1st time wipe at 9%. 2nd time he is down.
    and check my armory lol http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../zlaa/advanced
    tho it was normal.
    still if you are going heroic at 85 i think it should be way way easy

I think he's talking about Kael in Tempest Keep not MGT

Pretty sure he's talking about sunwell kael and not magisters terrace. The one in MGT doesn't really have a phase 3 and I've soloed him as a feral and resto druid at 80.

omg totaly forgot about TK lol, my bad (:

Tk yep ^^.

And yes I mean Cavern not depths lol.
    Sorry I always keep getting confused.

I'm using avoidance gear mainly since I'd much rather dodge/parry/block an attack than just get slammed over and over espcially in the long run.
    I have 135k hp give or take based on the buffs.I use AP elixir.
    I am in a mix of dps/tanking gear as well.

The main though part about Slabhide in BRC wuold be the air phase.The same goes with Onyxia.It takes me forever to get her down.
    Pew pew

15+ Year Old Account
    I am still interested about those 6k HPS, can you post spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    I am still interested about those 6k HPS, can you post spec?
    I think he's probably using the Eternal Glory , Guarded by the Light and Divinity talents in the Prot tree along with Glyphed Word of Glory.

I'm using those right now leveling 80-85 and imo, its pretty op... atleast while leveling, your pratically unkillable.

Deleted
    You soloed onyxia, rotface, stonecore and blackrock caverns? Sorry but it's hard to believe. And if it's true - loladins truly should be nerfed to the ground. There's enough of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    well except for glyphed WoG I am using those also along with 15% better WoG crit and I am nowhere near 6k hps. It is more likely 2k or so. I can't imagine what amounts must WoG hit/crit for to be able to reach those numbers.

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otion/advanced
    Last edited by Sellest; 2010-12-23 at 10:57 AM.

Well, I'm only lvl 83 with my pally so can't really comment much, and i haven't checked my HPS yet... but with the glpyhed WoG, using Seal of Insight and getting lucky with Eternal Glory, it might be possible... but idk :P

Kind of offtopic, but I'm a deathknight.. Trying to solo BRC normal right now and I am standing in front of 2nd boss with no particularly tough situations.. So it is probably doable

I would love more comments on people that tried to solo tempest keep's Kael please.

And 6k HPS is with maximizing Seal of insight and word of glory's effectivness.It's very much possible.+Count the huge HPS lay on hand ads to the equation and yes I finish most fights with around 5-6k dps and 6k+ hps.
    Pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Pullup View Post
    I would love more comments on people that tried to solo tempest keep's Kael please.

And 6k HPS is with maximizing Seal of insight and word of glory's effectivness.It's very much possible.+Count the huge HPS lay on hand ads to the equation and yes I finish most fights with around 5-6k dps and 6k+ hps.
    Yah, forgot about LoH.

Anyway, you might want to search for Raeggwyn's Kael solo kill. He's a DK, not a Pally, but you might get some pointers from there. I haven't seen the video yet, but I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
    Yah, forgot about LoH.

Anyway, you might want to search for Raeggwyn's Kael solo kill. He's a DK, not a Pally, but you might get some pointers from there. I haven't seen the video yet, but I hope it helps.
    I've actually been using ''his'' technique for a while now ever since I was level 80 but the damage is still incredibly high.He was on Beta with BiS t11 gear
    Pew pew

Ahhh sorry... like I said, never seen the video, I just heard he was able to solo it. Didn't know he was on beta :P

Hmm, I guess just wait until you get better gear and try again?