Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra85 View Post
    What will Capaldi wear as his "staple" doctor clothing?

I am hoping a well dressed suit, maybe a thin tie. I hope he doesn't have facial hair.
    aye I'd agree, as much as I love beards (I have a fine one myself) I think he'd do better with the "mature achedemic" type route. well cut suit in a muted colour, possibly a hat of some kind (NOT a fez...), something smart, to go with the (hopefully) darker tone the show will go in.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra85 View Post
    What will Capaldi wear as his "staple" doctor clothing?

I am hoping a well dressed suit, maybe a thin tie. I hope he doesn't have facial hair.
    unlikely the doctor will ever have a permanent beard.

it was hard enough on tennant having to keep those side burns perfect i doubt peter wants to keep a perfect beard 24/7

- - - Updated - - -

you have to remember. whatever look the doctor chooses hes gonna have to keep that look almost all the time.

one of the things eccelston hated about the job was having to shave everyday.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think a bearded Doctor would be wonderful! Capaldi doesn't have a beard face though, his normal look is pure Doctor.

On the costume, I agree it should be something muted but also slightly mad. Thinking black plaid pants and vest, cool shoes (like Fluevogs), slimline frock coat and a metallic fabric tie.

I wonder if Capaldi will go with his Scottish accent or change it like Tennant did?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I wonder if Capaldi will go with his Scottish accent or change it like Tennant did?
    he is. peter will be the first ever scottish doctor

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffats...ints-52620.htm
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

Interesting link, ty
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Nice goes well with what i09 just released.

http://io9.com/could-peter-capaldi-r...tor-1185468579

Some food for thought:
    1. William Hartnell/(Richard Hurndall*) (First Doctor)
    2. Patrick Troughton (Second Doctor)
    3. Jon Pertwee (Third Doctor)
    4. Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor)
    5. Peter Davison (Fifth Doctor)
    6. Colin Baker(Sixth Doctor)
    7. Sylvester McCoy (Seventh Doctor)
    8. Paul McGann (Eighth Doctor)
    9. John Hurt (The Valeyard?)
    10. Christopher Eccleston(Ninth Doctor)
    11. David Tennant (Tenth Doctor)
    12. Matt Smith (Eleventh Doctor)
    13. Peter Capaldi (Twelfth Doctor)

Meta Crisis doesn't count.

*Special only
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-08-23 at 07:44 AM.

Sylvester McCoy didn't, or couldn't, completely suppress his Scottish accent!

Love that Moffat is calling Twelve a "trickier, fiercer Doctor".

Deleted
    I'm concerned we may hear a Dalek utter the line "Tricksy Doctorses"

That will be Peter Jackson's episode. He wants to do a Dalek story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    That will be Peter Jackson's episode. He wants to do a Dalek story.
    An article on that.
    http://www.hypable.com/2013/08/22/pe...of-doctor-who/

leak from festival trailer

more like moffat confirms he will make something up again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Who is peter jackson?

leak from festival trailer
    I just love how awesomeness just oozes out of David Tennant in that picture he just has to stand there , not say anything and it's like he's said a thousand words :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-08-24 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    more like moffat confirms he will make something up again :P
    My bet is still on bringing Jenny back and yoinking away her regenerations (if she even has any).

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    My bet is still on bringing Jenny back and yoinking away her regenerations (if she even has any).
    Funnily enough, Moffat recently hinted that Jenny may very well be returning next season, so I suspect you're correct. Of course she will willingly grant them to the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Who is peter jackson?

I just love how awesomeness just oozes out of David Tennant in that picture he just has to stand there , not say anything and it's like he's said a thousand words :P
    peter jackson is the guy who directed lord of the rings and the hobbit movies.

and come on, we know you love tennant but thats just ridiculous

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Nonsense! Tennant is a God among men and half the people in here are not worthy to utter The Great One's name, let alone criticize him in all his perfection. He is, truly, the most perfect creation ever set upon this Earth and I wish to have his babies.
    Thing is, David seemed to be able to epitomize what it meant to be the Doctor; an eccentric, intelligent and lonely old man with no place to call home. Some of the other actors who played The Doctor have been able to do this with varying degrees of focus on key aspects of the character, like Tom Baker, Peter Davison and even Chris Eccleston.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Thing is, David seemed to be able to epitomize what it meant to be the Doctor; an eccentric, intelligent and lonely old man with no place to call home. Some of the other actors who played The Doctor have been able to do this with varying degrees of focus on key aspects of the character, like Tom Baker, Peter Davison and even Chris Eccleston.
    I will admit that Tennant had a sort of presence...one that not many will ever be able to match, Smith, if he wasn't written as the goofy Doctor at the start, and had longer, stronger serious tones in the writing, Smith would have made as much of an impact as Tennant did.