Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I stopped watching Doctor Who when they officially made Time Lords transgender with The General. It was time to move on for me at that point.
    how is the general transgender?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how is the general transgender?
    He regenerated into a female.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped watching Doctor Who when they officially made Time Lords transgender with The General. It was time to move on for me at that point.
    Timelords changing gender was canon long before that... Neil Gaiman wrote it into Doctor's Wife with The Corsair.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

He regenerated into a female.
    that doesnt make someone transgender. transgender is just the household name for gender dysphoria, feeling as though you are a gender you werent at birth.

if the general was transgender he wouldve just regenerated willingly into a woman as a timelord can willingly (or even choose not to in the case of simms master) regenerate and if they choose to can control the outcome of their regeneration

the term you're thinking of is gender fluid which the general appeared to be as his comment seemed to imply he had gone from male to female and back again multiple times and we had previously saw missy as the master and as gallahadd mentioned it had already been made canon in the doctors wife.

and i fail to see why that would make you stop watching the show, im against a female doctor but i have no problems with other timelords changing gender or being gender fluid if it fits their character
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Timelords changing gender was canon long before that... Neil Gaiman wrote it into Doctor's Wife with The Corsair.
    I wouldn't call that "long before." Neil's script comments could have been retconned at some point, but when they showed a transgender regeneration on screen, that's when I checked out.

- - - Updated - - -

that doesnt make someone transgender.
    I'm not arguing semantics here. The Time Lords are now a transgender race as they can perform transgender regenerations.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing semantics here. The Time Lords are now a transgender race as they can perform transgender regenerations.
    Reincarnating as another gender is not the same as transgender
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Reincarnating as another gender is not the same as transgender
    Since they don't actually die, it can be successfully argued that they don't reincarnate. I don't have a problem referring to the Time Lords as "transgender" and I suspect that actual transgenders don't mind either and would actually welcome the idea.

Deleted
    Since they don't actually die
    Oh the silliness in this one. Yes, they ACTUALLY ARE dying and after that they regenerate into a new person....
    But hey all you wanna do is hate on the Doctor anyway, so why are you here?

Since they don't actually die, it can be successfully argued that they don't reincarnate. I don't have a problem referring to the Time Lords as "transgender" and I suspect that actual transgenders don't mind either and would actually welcome the idea.
    no they wouldnt, because the term directly refers to those who suffer from gender dysphoria.

like i said, if they were transgender they would just regenerate again because being transgender and being in the opposite sex's body is very unpleasant

15+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter? You guys are arguing over nothing it seems to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Does it really matter? You guys are arguing over nothing it seems to me.
    it would be like calling a dildo a pencil. theyre entirely different things. a gender bent character is not a transgender.

thats like saying linkle is transgender because shes a female version of link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh the silliness in this one. Yes, they ACTUALLY ARE dying and after that they regenerate into a new person....
    Yep, so they don't actually die. They cheat death, like the Ninth Doctor said.

- - - Updated - - -

no they wouldnt, because the term directly refers to those who suffer from gender dysphoria.
    The definition I found when I googled it was "denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex." That being the case, the Time Lords are transgender since they can change gender and sexual identity from what they were born with.

15+ Year Old Account
    The definition I found when I googled it was "denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex." That being the case, the Time Lords are transgender since they can change gender and sexual identity from what they were born with.
    But I thought not all of them do change their gender?

- - - Updated - - -

Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But I thought not all of them do change their gender?
    So? Read what I wrote:

15+ Year Old Account
    So? Read what I wrote:
    But I think they do identity what they turn into....they would not just turn into something that they wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure you could apply this definition to time lords since they completely change everything about themselves when they regenerate.

Also IIRC there is mention of time lords being able to change gender in the 3rd doctors era.

- - - Updated - - -

When timelords regenerate they regenerate every cell in their body, it's an entirely new body, new brain, everything. They don't suffer from gender dysphoria. If a timelords identified as female they would regenerate again if they turned male.

"The Pilot" airs sometime today yeah?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowstormen View Post
    "the pilot" airs sometime today yeah?
    19:20 bbc1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    19:20 bbc1
    is that "island time" or cet?