The change to Tol Barad

Hey

Im really curious on how the hell blizzard came up with the stupid idea of giving the team that attacks and wins the battle of Tol Barad 1800 Honor points as reward. What you now get is insane Honor points for not doing a shit.

Both Alliance and horde are now starting to team up on realms to just let each other win it and its not even a battle anymore. Blizzard could just take away the battle totaly instead and let it swap auto every 2h 15min.

Myself I dont give a damn about that it gives me a lot of Honor points. I thought that this expansion was was going to stop blizzards handing out gear to everyone for free.

The battle was great they way it was. Yes, it was hard to win while attacking. But it wasnt impossible and as long as it isnt impossible im fine with it. It made also people try to become better players since they werent playing good enough to win.

A lot of people seems very happy about this change and it seems like players dont really give a damn about teamwork and become a better player (Handling your movement, spells etc). You just want the most gear with the least effort.

With this change to Tol Barad the game just took a big jump back to Wotlk. What happend to the Challenge in this game?
    Didnt Blizzard learn from their misstakes?

Also Im currently not playing any PvE at all. So its strictly PvP wise.

Ive also posted on Blizzard forums, but since noone really seems to give a damn on that site ive decided to look for others thoughts here instead.
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2010-12-29 at 05:02 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least with this reward system Tol'Barad actually switches, and so both factions have access to the raid and the dailies. It's a win/win. Oh, and my guess is that you're on the superior faction on your server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    At least with this reward system Tol'Barad actually switches, and so both factions have access to the raid and the dailies. It's a win/win. Oh, and my guess is that you're on the superior faction on your server.
    Funny thing. Im not.

Deleted
    I think the reason they've done it is to guarantee both sides can do the dailies and raid, while they fix it. Since on some servers one faction rarely gained control, I think they'll remove the huge honour gains in January when they implement a better fix.

Being on the faction on my server that only had control of TB from midnight-11am, it was frustrating to try n do everything that TB has to offer.

While the honor spike seems excessive, it's still not going to change anything. Yes you're going to see lots of people running around in blue-level PvP gear, but that doesn't make them better. That doesn't give them a chance of competing in 2200+ arena matches, of high level Rated BG's. They're still going to die to stupid stuff in heroics, and their DPS is still going to be laughable of what their gear can potentially put out.

As a PvEer, this is of little annoyance to me but I can fully understand where you're coming from. But you'll still know who the good PvP players are by checking their team ratings, and of course seeing them play good in BG's n such.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    Being on the faction on my server that only had control of TB from midnight-11am, it was frustrating to try n do everything that TB has to offer.

While the honor spike seems excessive, it's still not going to change anything. Yes you're going to see lots of people running around in blue-level PvP gear, but that doesn't make them better. That doesn't give them a chance of competing in 2200+ arena matches, of high level Rated BG's. They're still going to die to stupid stuff in heroics, and their DPS is still going to be laughable of what their gear can potentially put out.

As a PvEer, this is of little annoyance to me but I can fully understand where you're coming from. But you'll still know who the good PvP players are by checking their team ratings, and of course seeing them play good in BG's n such.
    You did prove a very good point there.
    Myself I love teamwork, challenges and in World of warcraft I love this massive battles between Alliance and Horde(Outdoor/World PvP). What happend over night is that Blizzard took it away from me.

For the first time since cata (thats an exxageration it was more like a week and half) tol barad switched. I personally dont mind that 1800 honor thing and remember its only temperary. At one point we wont need honor anymore and it will return to normal. If u go to blizz blue posts they did say they will fix tol barad with the next patch

It's stupid. I just joined Tol Barad on my server and left after the first 2 minutes. 80% of the raid stood in the Hold, waiting for the Alliance to win. It's not a Battle. It was fun before, now there is no point to it. Every defensive action they put into the Battle is wasted. Grats Blizzard. Great design,