Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

So according to Ghostcrawler our DPS sucks

His most recent blog post highlights that Arcane damage is too low, and Fire + Frost are being watched. Im Arcane and have seen this to be true at times, not tried with Fire/Frost, so do people feel that what Ghostcrawler says is true?

10+ Year Old Account
    very true, we suck, wtb a fix to this shiet

I feel fire is suffering but frost feels like it's in a mediocre place.

Usually, I'm either third or last in dungeons as fire and second or third as frost. I don't play arcane because it's about as fun as watch two elderly gentlemen have a lengthy and detailed discussion about semiotics.

It's definitely low compared to other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    if Mr. Nerfbat say's dps is to low that's scary * even if it's just for 1 spec for a class* ... hmmm if he fixes it i might play mage again XD

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

Usually, I'm either third or last in dungeons as fire and second or third as frost. I don't play arcane because it's about as fun as watch two elderly gentlemen have a lengthy and detailed discussion about semiotics.

Fires by far the highest, something like 2 or 3k

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually confused by this. I haven't seen Fire being bad DPS, even in sims when compared to other classes. Personally, I just think Fire needs gear, not buffs to fix it, but if they can FINALLY fix Ignite or the bugged out the ass Flame Orb, then sure, have at it.
    BfA Beta Time

Well, you should take it as good news that they are still watching and tweeking things as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'm actually confused by this. I haven't seen Fire being bad DPS, even in sims when compared to other classes. Personally, I just think Fire needs gear, not buffs to fix it, but if they can FINALLY fix Ignite or the bugged out the ass Flame Orb, then sure, have at it.
    I can absolutely agree on this one. But well as a matter of a fact: Nobody in blizzard's development department does even remotely know how to handle a spreadsheet or how to come up with a decent simulation so they will just buff and nerf again based on some "numbers" they collected somewhere. Alone the fact that they watch current numbers when most people don't even have an item with the right stats in half the slots is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    fire dps on just about any single target fight, outside of atramedes ( because of movement lol at scorch ), fire dps is subpar, our ignite is fucked which is screwing over alot of peoples combustions, and flame orb is one of the most bugged abilities i've ever seen go live. Frost is mediocre but more consistent then fire on single target fights, and arcane is just.... well lets not even get started on arcane.

Well Arc is just.... poo, it just does not cut it in a raid.
    as for frost, it feels ok. play style is fine. perhaps deep freeze or fforb could do with a dmg increase
    fire however... its a mixed bag, its too RNG dependant and +dmg on <35% hp is a stupid mechanic that can change the outcome of a fight time every time.
    This is where i think the big problem is. seeing fire do amazingly is the exception. and seeing fire only just frost (sometimes loose to frost) is more common.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    fire dps on just about any single target fight, outside of atramedes ( because of movement lol at scorch ), fire dps is subpar, our ignite is fucked which is screwing over alot of peoples combustions, and flame orb is one of the most bugged abilities i've ever seen go live. Frost is mediocre but more consistent then fire on single target fights, and arcane is just.... well lets not even get started on arcane.
    Technically speaking, Fire does great DPS when it functions properly...and therein lies the problem. Currently, there are two bugs which make Fire perform poorly: the incorrect formula being applied to consecutive-crit Ignite ticks causing an overall loss of 4% damage and the bug where Flame Orb sometimes just decides to do nothing and goes away doing 0 damage.

I don't think Fire needs a coefficient increase or a mechanics overhaul (though a 8-10% mana cost reduction would do wonders), just fix those two damn bugs and I'd be happy.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Fire is a little low. My bf's 83 warrior only did 1k less than I did on a tank and spank even though I had a perfect combustion with a trinket proc pyro ignite and living bomb =[. I was also just fireballing with molten on so I wasn't even scorch weaving. I have like full heroic gear and a few 359's.

if you want good dps as frost you have to keep your pets freeze ability on a similar cd to deep freeze so you can use deep freeze every time its off cd. You prioritize deep freeze > Icelance> FFb you only use your ffb procs when you don't have fof procs. sense you will need to use your pets frost nova every 30 sec to get a deep freeze every time it is best to key bind this spell for easy use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    if you want good dps as frost you have to keep your pets freeze ability on a similar cd to deep freeze so you can use deep freeze every time its off cd. You prioritize deep freeze > Icelance> FFb you only use your ffb procs when you don't have fof procs. sense you will need to use your pets frost nova every 30 sec to get a deep freeze every time it is best to key bind this spell for easy use.
    Nnoooooo. FFB>Ice Lance on FoF procs, by about 5-8k damage.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Nnoooooo. FFB>Ice Lance on FoF procs, by about 5-8k damage.
    Lol, why does like everybody I see on these forums say ice lance is better than fbb. Sure is misinformation spreading in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, wait.. I do not PvE, yet I'm seeing mages make me eat 18k ice lances.
    How do you consider this low dps? Might be brainless, yeah. Low damage? Definately not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    How do you consider this low dps? Might be brainless, yeah. Low damage? Definately not.
    Pve =/= pvp. If you don't pve, why are you posting in a pve discussion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Yeah, because you're a raid boss.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

or watching paint dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Pve =/= pvp. If you don't pve, why are you posting in a pve discussion?
    Because I felt like taking a part of the discussion and to show my concern, of frost tree getting damage increases.
    I'm all fine with the stationary damage, if it'd get buffed with something along what hunters have (See: Sniper Training).

Yeah, because you're a raid boss.
    I used to be.

I'm guessing it's a mana issue, otherwise every other mage would be ranting lances in PvE. Right?