Jan 4 - Jan 10 Halfus Fight

So for those of you who haven't checked yet, the weekly setup for Halfus is Slate Dragon (MS debuff), Time Warden (fireballs), Nether Scion (attack speed increase).

Me and my guild are gonna attempt him tonight. We kind of got !!%! on last week by the MS debuff, and we were hoping we wouldn't have it again this week.

Has anyone done this setup before and know a good strat for it?

p.s. I'm working under the assumption that its random dragons each week, but that its still the same random setup for everyone. Hopefully someone can confirm this

If I'm not mistaken, the dragons are random each week but the same for each server.

The drakes are random per raid ID you can reform the raid under another leader for a different combo

15+ Year Old Account
    Before we did the fight with Nether Scion, Slate Dragon and the Storm Rider active, the main problem with the Slate Dragon is the fact that even if you kill the dragon, the mortal strike continues to stack, and with the Nether Scion the mortal strike will stack extremely quickly.

For this setup you're going to have to kill the Nether Scion first, and then the Time Warden, keep moving during the Nether Scion killing and as soon as the Scion goes down switch tanks and activate the Time Warden, just communicate the stacks and rotate around 6 stacks, as soon as both drakes are dead its just nuke the boss and rotate as the stacks fall off

Edit: Also we have run multiple 10mans before and the drake setup has been the same every time, Its definitely set at least per server, possibly per region, but its not unique per raid ID

Nether Scion first so it stacks at a very slow rate. Then either one that's left depending on what healers are struggling more with. I'd say Time Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Shunk View Post
    The drakes are random per raid ID you can reform the raid under another leader for a different combo
    A druid friend of mine stealthed through the raid this morning to see which drakes where up. Later, he had me make a raid group and invite him (thus, different raid ID) and he went back and checked and it was the same drakes.

Also, reading other posts about the fight, people always seem to make posts about drake setups at the same time (ie, the first few posts all share the same setup, then the next few share the same, then the next few). A few posts made by people last week all had the same setup as our guild last week, so I'm hard pressed to think its coincidence.

I doubt Blizz would make it based on raid ID, simply because as you proved, it would be very easy to exploit it for an easy setup each week.

Last week our setup was Storm Slate and Time but when made under another guildies ID who zoned in first it was Storm Slate and Whelps

Ours was storm slate whelps last week. What was yours?

I just had a rodue friend check again and it was the same setup, so I assume its the same per server at very least.

Back to the main subject though, fight strategies. Does anyone know how much dmg the Time Wardens fireballs do? I think we're gonna try what Silorn suggested, but I wanted to know just how hard it is to dodge the fireballs without the warden being activated and how much dmg they do, since we are gonna be activating him last.

Never had that setup but I would say bring up time warden and nether scion. Killing either one is obviously very helpful so it would be up to you guys to decide whether you want him attacking slower or having less raid damage immediately. Personally our guild has never killed Slate dragon. We always leave it alone. Good luck though. Sounds like a difficult combo.

scion, slate, and time...

very easy fight, pull scion with boss and tank swap at 8 stacks. burn scion, then pull time warden and kill it. once TW is dead, pull slate and just tank it while you burn the boss.

really really easy setup. fight is only difficult while scion is out before tw is released.

Last week we had Storm, Slate and Whelps. This week we had Nether, Slate, and Time Warden. This week's combo seemed way easier than last week's for us.